Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ThatFlashCat

Vertical monitors?

Posted · Original PosterOP

I currently have a 1440p 144hz dell display with 1440p 60hz dell displays on either side. I tend to use the left monitor more than the right and feel it is "wasted" space much of the time. If I turned it 90 degrees I would be able to see it better and maximize space on my currently cramped desk. Any thoughts from someone who has used a monitor in portrait mode?

Attached is a picture of my current setup. I was also considering moving my desktop to sit behind my left monitor so it's not drawing in so much dust and cat hair off of the floor.

IMG_0428.JPG

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD 1700x Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero RAM: 4 * 8GB G.Skill RGB DDR4 Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: EVGA 750w G3 Monitors: Dell SG2716DG +  2x Dell U2515H

Freenas specs:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 V2 Cooler: Some noctua cooler Motherboard: Supermicro X9 SRL-F RAM: 8 * 8GB Samsung DDR3 ECC Storage: 6 * 4TB Seagate 7200 RPM RAIDZ2 Controller: LSI H220 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro PSU: EVGA 650w G3

Phone: iPhone 6S 32 GB

I have a display in portrait next to my ultrawide, it took some getting used to but I'm finally starting to be efficient with it

I played with some padding and snapping settings in Display Fusion to make it work better.

𝓗𝓲 𝓱𝓸𝔀 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝔂𝓪