Crash under load!

basar_basar

guys help i bought an rx 570 about a week ago and it was crashing under load with a buzzing sound it loses signal and displays a black screen. the pc keeps running if i dont hold the power button. my gtx 1050 ti worked fine so i thought that its either the PSU, GPU or the pcie slot. I bought a new psu today and it still crashed... it lasted a little longer though. old one lasted 5 minutes and this one 10 minutes. So its either the gpu or the slot now right??? im so frustrated. ill try a different outlet and a power strip.its also very glitchy in some games like shadow of the tomb raider the sky turns white sometimes. please help specs:

i5 4590

RX 570

12GB RAM 3x4

Thermaltake smart 500w rgb/ old one zalman zm-700 lx

edit: i also broke the pcie gpu lock but the other pcie 4x slot still crashes too so can i assume that slot is fine? sorry for my english

edit2: its also really weird when i alt-tab or esc out of the game under load it crashes too. i can let it go and it will crash in 10 minutes but if i alt tab it instantly crashes.

Have you checked your task manager (I assume you are using windows)? You can see if maybe you are maxing out your PC's resources somewhere you wouldn't like them to be.

Also do you have all of the latest drivers for all of your parts and operating system?

Just now, KhakiHat said:

Have you checked your task manager (I assume you are using windows)? You can see if maybe you are maxing out your PC's resources somewhere you wouldn't like them to be.

Also do you have all of the latest drivers for all of your parts and operating system?

no the usages right now seem fine. i reinstalled windows and drivers and also tried downgrading bios since the new bios was in beta. didnt work

6 minutes ago, basar_basar said:

no the usages right now seem fine. i reinstalled windows and drivers and also tried downgrading bios since the new bios was in beta. didnt work

Usage in means of idle or in use?

Also based on the CPU you are using, you may have a little bit of lower performance in general on the games spectrum.

https://www.gpucheck.com/gpu/amd-radeon-rx-570/intel-core-i5-4590-3-30ghz/

edit: Also how are your thermals be it your CPU or GPU?

4 minutes ago, KhakiHat said:

Usage in means of idle or in use?

Also based on the CPU you are using, you may have a little bit of lower performance in general on the games spectrum.

https://www.gpucheck.com/gpu/amd-radeon-rx-570/intel-core-i5-4590-3-30ghz/

when using just chrome and discord the cpu is about 11 percent. its 70 percent when im playing shadow of the tomb raider and 99 percent in bf5 (bottlenecking i guess) but still playable. i thought i was seeing glitches in only dx12 games but today i played nfs 2015 and it had very little artifacts too. im thinking that it might be gpu but its new...

edit: the thermals seem fine the cpu is 78 degrees under load and the gpu cant get past 74 because it crashes by the time it reaches that. i can stress cpu but i cant stress gpu it crashes

It is possible to receive a faulty GPU, it happens all the time. If that is the case, then you'll have to go through a painful RMA process :(

3 minutes ago, KhakiHat said:

It is possible to receive a faulty GPU, it happens all the time. If that is the case, then you'll have to go through a painful RMA process :(

oh god even so i still hope its the gpu if its the motherboard it will be impossible to get another h97m motherboard if the two slots are broken.

12 minutes ago, basar_basar said:

oh god even so i still hope its the gpu if its the motherboard it will be impossible to get another h97m motherboard if the two slots are broken.

Worst case scenario, you could reinstall the old 1050 GPU to see if graphical issues still persist. If so, it could be the motherboard, if not perhaps it is the GPU 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2019 at 12:03 AM, KhakiHat said:

Worst case scenario, you could reinstall the old 1050 GPU to see if graphical issues still persist. If so, it could be the motherboard, if not perhaps it is the GPU 

UPDATE: after playing a bit of battlefield 5 yesterday ive noticed that it wouldnt crash with 100 watt gpu power usage 60 percent gpu usage and wouldnt get past 64 celsius degrees. but got home today and i was playing bf5 and it had the same power usage and gpu usage but the card this time got over 70 celsius degrees and as soon as it hit 72 it crashed. is this a heat issue? if so does that mean that my card is defective? also the card fans run at full speed on boot

On 3/25/2019 at 1:38 PM, basar_basar said:

UPDATE: after playing a bit of battlefield 5 yesterday ive noticed that it wouldnt crash with 100 watt gpu power usage 60 percent gpu usage and wouldnt get past 64 celsius degrees. but got home today and i was playing bf5 and it had the same power usage and gpu usage but the card this time got over 70 celsius degrees and as soon as it hit 72 it crashed. is this a heat issue? if so does that mean that my card is defective? also the card fans run at full speed on boot

Which brand of card did you purchase for your RX 570?

If it is a heat issue, that'd actually explain a lot. Your computer parts are programmed to shutdown if temps reach a certain temp so as to not damage any parts from extreme heat.

Being a heat issue, you could probably improve the temps just by installing more fans, improving poor cable management, or even thinking about the flow of air in your case and how you can make it better.

2 hours ago, KhakiHat said:

Which brand of card did you purchase for your RX 570?

If it is a heat issue, that'd actually explain a lot. Your computer parts are programmed to shutdown if temps reach a certain temp so as to not damage any parts from extreme heat.

Being a heat issue, you could probably improve the temps just by installing more fans, improving poor cable management, or even thinking about the flow of air in your case and how you can make it better.

its the rx 570 pulse (dual fan). also thanks for helping

• 1 month later...

update:okay... waited 23 days, got the gpu untouched because apparently it passed all the tests. so if gpu and psu arent the problem what is????? well the only thing left is pcie slot... i literally tested every other thing even different outlets. god where the hell will i find a lga 1150 motherboard now??? is motherboard even the problem since the pcie 4x causes the same thing???? i hate this. if this doesnt work im never buying a pc again

okay did some testing and ive figured out what makes the crash happen. it happens because of sudden load or power change. thats why when i alt tab or exit the game my pc crashes. for example im playing a game at borderless window and gpu watt is at 157W and i alt tab its still 157W but when i exit the game my pc crashes. if i fullscreen the game and alt tab it goes from 157W to 30W and my pc crashes. i let bf5 sit for 15 minutes and nothing happened until i alt tabbed