I Hope We Don't Get a Noise Complaint...

jakkuh_t

We upgrade the LMG Lounge with a 120" EluneVision screen, and a Klipsch 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos setup.

Thanks to Skillshare for sponsoring this video! The first 500 of our subscribers to use this link: https://skl.sh/2JebQXn will get a 2-month free trial

Use offer code TECHTIPS20 to get 20% off your next Mack Weldon order at https://lmg.gg/8KVKv

Check out the EluneVision Reference Studio Motorized Screen with Tab Tensioning: 
At Eastporters: https://lmg.gg/8KV9t
At EluneVision: https://lmg.gg/8KV97

Check out Klipsch Reference Premiere Speakers: 
https://lmg.gg/klipsch-reference-premiere 

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale

Video unavailable :(

Linus is gone and you already broke it all :P

Edit:

It's up now

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

For some reason this is what I kept thinking the whole video...

Edited by LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Klipsch Master Race!

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

This is not how you install a hanging projector.  That thing is going to fall down.  Mainly the base is not that secure on the wooden bracket.  Even in the video you can see how unstable it is as it wobbles.  To this point, the bottom the wooden base is screwed into the two vertical beams in the same direction as the weight is pulling on it. 

Ideally you'd want a single pipe dropping from the ceiling to the proper height.  If you want/need the adjustable portion, you can simply get a pipe extension to combine a fixed length with the adjustable portion.  The fixed length of pipe can have a hole cut into the top so that cabling can be feed through it, maintaining that clean external look. (Generally using the hole in the mounting base for cabling is practical when using ceiling tiles since the projector mount itself is suspended by wiring about the ceiling tile, not on an actual support.)  The base of the pipe would be secured to board by drilling all the way through the board with long bolts that'd run through the entire assembly and a metal plate to act as a glorified washer to help distributed the weight across this board.  This board assembly would then be secured into multiple beams to distribute that weight.  Probably a bit overkill given the relatively light weight of the projector being used but it would be stable and I wouldn't worry about it falling down on some one.  This would also look far better than the solution used in the video.

Another sneaky thing would be to hang the screen from pipes connected to the ceiling.  This would provide room for the display and other items behind the screen.  The cabling for the drop trigger can run through them as well, hiding that. 

For a home theater setup, I would have gone with a screen that has ambient light rejection to help deal with other light sources in the room.  Some make ALR screens that drop but other manufacturers only do ALR in a fixed frame.

Given that Linus did a recent video leveraging HDbaseT, I would have presumed that that is what used to bring video to the projector.  The cable distances involved is what HDbaseT was designed to handle.

Though given eagerness for more power and this channel's ability to get demo/evaluation gear for no cost to them, I suspect that this home theater setup will be released by a micoLED wall in roughly a year.  That's be a 130 in or so display with an 8K resolution and depending on the LED controller and how many logical displays it actually is, it could do 240 Hz and be fine for gaming too.

I would also predict some sound damping material starting to be added to the room.

:D i fucking knew it :D 

here i was talking abnout going with klipsch on the last video and there we are.

awesome guys. love it. nothing else. just love it.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Renting out that space sounds like it could be a decently lucrative side-hustle!

Klipsch/Denon 4 life *edit: please ignore the media box that has been replaced by an nvidia shield

20171117_204334.jpg

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

That is close to my setup but I actually downgraded from the 15" to the 10". It was just so over powering, especially with the towers and now I get a tighter bass. I want that projector though

That sub though, holy hell that's as big as my guitar amp and cabinet

57 minutes ago, Tomsta said:

That sub though, holy hell that's as big as my guitar amp and cabinet

I thought my 10" JBL sub was huge until I saw that behemoth. ?

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Which editor played around with the screw driver/drill sound effects to come up with those scenes? Well done.

42 minutes ago, danwat1234 said:

Which editor played around with the screw driver/drill sound effects to come up with those scenes? Well done.

Looks like we can thank the man, the myth, the legend:

@Aprime

Fabulous work my good sir.

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

Who makes the speaker stands for the rear speakers? I couldn't find them in the video description.

I spy with my little eye a Vive Wireless Adapter linkbox. Review incoming?

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

On 3/17/2019 at 8:00 PM, CPF said:

Who makes the speaker stands for the rear speakers? I couldn't find them in the video description.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MS9045bk--ultimate-support-ms-90-45b-45-inch-studio-monitor-stands-black-finish

They're pretty easy to knock over, but if they're up against a wall, or on carpet it's fine.

Otherwise, we're gonna make a custom base for them that's a little more sturdy.

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale