Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Edward78

My first case (build with protocase)...

Posted · Original PosterOP

I have a CAD file I did of a case, if I kunk it, will you guys tell me what you think... I can export as .step/stp.

On 3/16/2019 at 2:25 PM, Edward78 said:

Here is a .step and a protocase file of it...

image.thumb.png.cf71131157bbccc7e6097509afd574d4.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI   RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M      Cooling Cryorig H7

5 hours ago, Edward78 said:

mATX boards don't have a x16 slot for the last 1, so a 5 slot case is pointless, I learned that after posting it...

I'm guessing you're using an SFX psu with a pass through cable?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI   RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M      Cooling Cryorig H7

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

I'm guessing you're using an SFX psu with a pass through cable?

Isnt the cut out jsut above the IO shield for the PSU?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Are there any mATX boards with the last PCIe slot being a x16?

Yes, I think PSUs in the front are just odd...

14 hours ago, HanZie82 said:

8 hours ago, Edward78 said:

Yes, I think PSUs in the front are just odd...

Ah okay. Didnt think of that since all the air vents seem to be rectangular cutouts so I assumed it was an 80mm fans or something

On 3/18/2019 at 10:43 PM, Edward78 said:

mATX boards don't have a x16 slot for the last 1, so a 5 slot case is pointless, I learned that after posting it...

depending on which motherboard it is. most square mATX boards from the top (especially HEDT ones) have a x16 slot at #4, which means dual-slot cards on that slot would occupy a floating fifth slot as well

shouldn't be a problem since most mainstream mATX boards stop at #3. unless it's like the Strix SLI-capable board and you use a 3-slot card on the second x16 pair (usually #3) (which admittedly is kind of a stretch ._.)