Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jasondavies1999

Active Speakers Volume Help!

Posted · Original PosterOP

I have some active speakers which don't have volume controls on them and I don't know how to control the volume on them. The only way I have been able to do it is when plugged directly into my phone via adaptor. The speakers input via RCA connections and I don't have any way to control the volume when connecting to say a turntable. I looked online at volume controls but can't find anything suitable which allows audio input via RCA and outputs to RCA. Also I don't know if this would even work, any one have a solution??

Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Dujith said:

What u want is a Level controller with RCA in/out.

You can make one yourself with a stereo potentiometer. Just cut an RCA stereo male to male cable and insert the potentiometer :D 

Or get a cheap one https://www.amazon.co.uk/CHELINK-Universal-Amplifier-Motorcycle-Speakers/dp/B076DBCGB5/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_bs_lp_img_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=VRKDQYHE6A5R535ZNY47

Audio-control.jpg

Thanks for the help I will order it now. 

2 hours ago, jasondavies1999 said:

I have some active speakers which don't have volume controls on them and I don't know how to control the volume on them. The only way I have been able to do it is when plugged directly into my phone via adaptor. The speakers input via RCA connections and I don't have any way to control the volume when connecting to say a turntable. I looked online at volume controls but can't find anything suitable which allows audio input via RCA and outputs to RCA. Also I don't know if this would even work, any one have a solution??

That setup with the pot would be very jank and could cause interference. Would be easier to buy a preamp with volume control on it. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nobsound-Vacuum-Preamplifier-Digital-Control-Black/dp/B071VSTDQY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1552758782&sr=8-4&keywords=preamp

Core i3 7100

8gb ddr4

1050ti

rockin cd player

1 tb HDD

m.2 ssd (240gb)

500gb HDD

Audio:

2x McIntosh MC1.25kW

McIntosh C53 pre-amplifier

McIntosh MP1100 phono pre-amplifier

McIntosh MS500 + QNAP TS-451+ with 32TB of Seagate ironwolf Pro's