MX150 poor performance

4yam

Hi everyone. I've bought the Xiaomi Notebook Air 13.3" recently and the specs are i7 8550u, 8GB ram, MX150 and 256gb ssd. Doing stuff like watching videos and web browsing is fine but when it comes to gaming like League Of Legends, i'm playing at the lowest settings and getting 10fps while my GPU utilization(MX150) is at 100% load with a super low core clock of 139mhz even lower than what its expected of. I've  set it to run in the Nvidia control panel and tweaking everything to prefer maximum performance. I've also tried playing when plugged in and unplugged but it still did not work, tried using older driver versions and latest version but still no avail. I have tried benchmarking with FurMark and in the beginning the core clock starts at 700Mhz then after 1 min it drops down to 139Mhz and stays there forever. Can you guys please help me? I have been looking for solutions online for days but still couldn't fix it. It is a really awesome notebook but it really disappoints me when it comes to gaming. I've seen online where people benchmark the XiaoMi notebook air and can get really good performance on high quality games but League of Legends is not really a demanding game and I don't know why the laptop is underperforming. I've reached out to the Xiaomi forums and I've tried what they taught me to do but still did not fix the problem. Tried reaching out to nvidia forums but no one bother to reply so LTT is my best bet!

Did you install drivers? If so contact Xiaomi support.

8700K @ 5.2ghz 1.29V, 4x8 Rev.E @ 4040 13-20-20-39 1.7V.

Did you turn your battery setting to max performance otherwise the gpu caps out at like 40% and get drivers as you need them or else you get like 5 fps

PC: A10 6700, 8gb DDR3 1600mhz, GTX 1050ti, 1TB HDD and Prebuilt motherboard, case, power supply & cooler

Laptop (Asus Vivovook X510UA): i5 8250u 8gb DDR4 2400mhz 256gb SSD

It seems like I already have the all the drivers I need because when I try to install the drivers from the Xiaomi website it says I already have the drivers and if I click continue they will start downgrading my drivers to older version