What is the best low impact anti virus you guys trust?

I'm looking into getting new anti virus for my pc and ideally would be wanting a program with the least amount of performance hit to my pc.

What lightweight low impact anti virus do you guys suggest? 

I was using Bitdefender on my old laptop and it completely taxed it. 

Thanks! 

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | CPU Cooler: MSI MAG CORELIQUID 240R 
 | GPU: MSI 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X 10G OC | | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 | PSU: MSI MPG A750GF Gold Fully-Modular | Mouse: MSI CLUTCH GM50 | Keyboard: MSI Vigor GK60 Cherry MX Red | 

| Headset: MSI DS502 GAMING Headset | Case: MSI MPG SEKIRA 100R | 

| Displays: AOC AGONAG241QX Gaming Monitor 24" & Acer CB282K 28.0" 2160p 60Hz HDR IPS | Wrist Rest: MSI Vigor WR01 Wrist  Rest | 

my head

if you want to be saved when you do stupid shit then bitdefender came out on top in a recent comparison iirc

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

you don't really need anti virus but if you want kaspersky is good if you can find it at a good price

PC: A10 6700, 8gb DDR3 1600mhz, GTX 1050ti, 1TB HDD and Prebuilt motherboard, case, power supply & cooler

Laptop (Asus Vivovook X510UA): i5 8250u 8gb DDR4 2400mhz 256gb SSD

windows defender, if you want more malware bytes

8700K @ 5.2ghz 1.29V, 4x8 Rev.E @ 4040 13-20-20-39 1.7V.

Windows Defender and a few drops of common sense about what sites you visit.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

kaspersky

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

45 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

my head

i see this stupid comment every time

44 minutes ago, TheRaggingSword said:

you don't really need anti virus

guys i wonder how youll find out if a site youre visiting got hacked and the downloads are infected...

MSI GX660 + i7 920XM @ 2.8GHz + GTX 970M + Samsung SSD 830 256GB

10 minutes ago, Neftex said:

i see this stupid comment every time

It really does keep you safe from most things, Windows defender does a decent enough job with the rest. Personally i dont feel the need to eat even more resources for something that is an edge case threat

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

my head

if you want to be saved when you do stupid shit then bitdefender came out on top in a recent comparison iirc

1 hour ago, Theguywhobea said:

Windows Defender

1 hour ago, TheRaggingSword said:

you don't really need anti virus but if you want kaspersky is good if you can find it at a good price

58 minutes ago, alatron978 said:

windows defender, if you want more malware bytes

49 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Windows Defender and a few drops of common sense about what sites you visit.

COOOOOL, I'll probably just use Windows built in defence then. Common sense I guess would be the bets security. Thank you guys. 

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | CPU Cooler: MSI MAG CORELIQUID 240R 
 | GPU: MSI 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X 10G OC | | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 | PSU: MSI MPG A750GF Gold Fully-Modular | Mouse: MSI CLUTCH GM50 | Keyboard: MSI Vigor GK60 Cherry MX Red | 

| Headset: MSI DS502 GAMING Headset | Case: MSI MPG SEKIRA 100R | 

| Displays: AOC AGONAG241QX Gaming Monitor 24" & Acer CB282K 28.0" 2160p 60Hz HDR IPS | Wrist Rest: MSI Vigor WR01 Wrist  Rest |