Planning an upgrade

Nick.M

I am planning to upgrade my CPU from a Ryzen 1600 to a Ryzen 2700X relatively soon. Here is my current part list. What I am wondering is should I upgrade my PSU? Will 650 wats be enough?

You should be alright as long as you don't do any very heavy overclocking.

8700K @ 5.2ghz 1.29V, 4x8 Rev.E @ 4040 13-20-20-39 1.7V.

13 hours ago, Nick.M said:

I am planning to upgrade my CPU from a Ryzen 1600 to a Ryzen 2700X relatively soon. Here is my current part list. What I am wondering is should I upgrade my PSU? Will 650 wats be enough?

No, that PSU is old and yuck. Assuming you have selected the correct Corsair TX (CMPSU-650TXV2) in your PCPartPicker.

Replace it. A good 400W is easily enough for your build.

Where are you from? What stores are you buying stuff from?

Ryzen 3000 is around the corner i would wait the less than 3 months for launch. also you can almost half your build cost going thru eBay or second hand sites and even upgrade further for less! for example your able to get a kraken x62 (280mm) AIO for $80~ on ebay

ASRock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4  this is a much better board IF you stay on 1st gen ryzen

There is no enemy. The foe on the battlefield is merely the manifestation of that which we must overcome. The doubt, and fear, and despair. Every battle is fought within. Conquer the battlefield that lies inside you, and the enemy disappears like the illusion it is.