Everyones hifi setups?

Derkoli
1 hour ago, rice guru said:

we all start somewhere right? I started at $60 with a pair of akg k240 running on my old laptop's on board. and now Im working my way up. 

29 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Price matters less than what makes you happy. Everyone has different ears and different tastes. The only time you should feel obligated to spend more money is if what you have doesn't satisfiy you and only someting more expesive has the sound you want or you deliberately strted woith the bare bones basics to get started then add compnents as you can afford them. An example is starting with a pair of speakers that can run directly off the MOBO sound, then adding a DAC and a sub later as you can afford them (assuming you even need them; not everyone does).

I agree with these. i started off with a pair of 30 dollar panasonic headphones (still have them and sound crystal clean!) and i started off with mobo sound and a pair of trust 2.1 speaker (the sub was a 5 watt 3 inch woofer lol, used to think it kicked ass, then uh the svs subs took over..) then got logitech z506 then the z906 then i got my first avr which was an old denon, then ran 5.1 off a creative sound card, which i still use on my laptop, then got my denon x8500h and ran 7.1, then i kinda carried on spending way too much money on more and more speakers and dolby atmos height modules.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

On 3/16/2019 at 11:17 PM, King Poet said:

image.png.e0f70a4f2442f04cb49e6761d7465654.png

Hifiman Arya
Fostex TH900 Mk2
ZMF Eikon Ash
Sennheiser HE-60
Mod House Audio Argon MK3
Sennheiser HD 800 S
Focal Utopia
(And many more)

image.thumb.png.9d103c6d860c4eff0cc9589e71ce932b.png

RME ADI-2 DAC

iFi Pro iCan

iFi Pro iESL (Electrostat Energizer)

Just clicked the link. Cool website!

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

On 3/17/2019 at 3:10 PM, King Poet said:

0C9A3584-Edit,xlarge.1551304261.JPG

0C9A3208-Edit,xlarge.1551497365.JPG

Did someone say tubes?

Also how do you like the little bear? thinking of buying a whole bunch of little bear tube pre-amps for my ht just cause i freakin love tube sound.

1 minute ago, Derkoli said:

Also how do you like the little bear? thinking of buying a whole bunch of little bear tube pre-amps for my ht just cause i freakin love tube sound.

Just some clarification not for every channel because that would be about 1300 pounds which i do not have right now (????? ??? ;) ) but for maybe 7 surround channels.

21 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

Not really. It has a slight hum and you HAVE to use it on battery.

Need to fire it up again as I haven't used it in a while.

Just now, King Poet said:

Not really. It has a slight hum and you HAVE to use it on battery.

Need to fire it up again as I haven't used it in a while.

Hm. Was think of the little dot mkiii as it has good reviews, might order one then return it if i dont like it. no harm in trying i guess..