Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyle43002

Questions about traveling to Canada for the weekend.

Posted · Original PosterOP

I will be going to ltx2019 and this will be the first time traveling by myself and I just wanted to make sure I have everything good. Do I need to get any special license or permit to drive, I live close enough to drive. Also where is the best place to get a hotel, I know all city's have bad spots. 

Depends on your budget.

As for the license, it depends where you're from.

Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

On 3/15/2019 at 10:26 PM, Kyle43002 said:

I will be going to ltx2019 and this will be the first time traveling by myself and I just wanted to make sure I have everything good. Do I need to get any special license or permit to drive, I live close enough to drive. Also where is the best place to get a hotel, I know all city's have bad spots. 

If your license has one of those stars in the top right corner it can be used to visit Canada. Otherwise you will need a passport, I'm bringing mine, just in case, cause I already have one. Also if you have a DUI you won't be allowed to visit Canada unless you submit a bunch of paperwork to get an exception.

4 hours ago, TheSwayzieExpress said:

If your license has one of those stars in the top right corner it can be used to visit Canada. Otherwise you will need a passport, I'm bringing mine, just in case, cause I already have one. Also if you have a DUI you won't be allowed to visit Canada unless you submit a bunch of paperwork to get an exception.

He was more asking if he needed a special permit to drive whilst in Canada, which he does not.

Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red