Uniform for fans to be controlled by fan controller?

OIderAmuro
Go to solution Solved by OIderAmuro,
2 minutes ago, W-L said:

Welcome to the Forums!

Corsair's RGB fans have two connectors one for RGB control and another for fan control. the RGB control is done through the RGB hub and via Corsair's lighting control software giving it has a control module to do so. Either the Lighting node pro or Commander pro. 

Image result for Lighting Node Pro wiring

Ah,  I'll stay away from Corsair then and try to find ones that I can control the speed and pattern through my controller. Thanks for your help!

I'm new to lighting and fan controllers and will just be quick about it, but with my fan controller I plan on getting RGB fans with different RPM capabilities so I can choose my illumination and fan speed. I am confused due to reading that a model of corsair fans can't be controlled through anything but the fan HUB they supply. So is it uniform for manufacturers to have fans that can also be controlled through a fan controller, or do I have to worry about fans that are only able to be controlled through the software/ fan HUB provided by the manufacturer. Thank you for your time, I've been researching for days but can't find anything to answer my question.

4 minutes ago, OIderAmuro said:

I'm new to lighting and fan controllers and will just be quick about it, but with my fan controller I plan on getting RGB fans with different RPM capabilities so I can choose my illumination and fan speed. I am confused due to reading that a model of corsair fans can't be controlled through anything but the fan HUB they supply. So is it uniform for manufacturers to have fans that can also be controlled through a fan controller, or do I have to worry about fans that are only able to be controlled through the software/ fan HUB provided by the manufacturer. Thank you for your time, I've been researching for days but can't find anything to answer my question.

Welcome to the Forums!

Corsair's RGB fans have two connectors one for RGB control and another for fan control. the RGB control is done through the RGB hub and via Corsair's lighting control software giving it has a control module to do so. Either the Lighting node pro or Commander pro. 

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

Welcome to the Forums!

Ah,  I'll stay away from Corsair then and try to find ones that I can control the speed and pattern through my controller. Thanks for your help!

2 minutes ago, OIderAmuro said:

Speed can be controlled simply by plugging the fans into the motherboards headers of if you want to have both through Corsair's software you can use the Commander pro which has both RGB control and Fan speed control on a single controller unit. 

Image result for commander Pro wiring