Vega 56 crashing on start up

MikeTheMajicMan

Current Build

Ryzen 1600 CPU

Biostar X370GT7 motherboard

Ballastix 2x8gb sticks 

Rosewill Quark 650 watt 80 plus platinum

Was a EVGA GTX1060 SC, now MSI Vega 56 Air Boost. And a Corsair h110i cooler.

I just picked up this Vega 56 today and I having a issue to where my computer will post but after 15-20 secs the screen will go black and it just sits there and does nothing. I check the GPU fan and it stop spin(assuming the GPU crashed). I started out with just 1 pci e wire from power supply that had a splitter in it, then tried 2 different pci e wires thinking it’s a power issue but same problem. I’m thinking it’s still a power issue, is my power supply not beefy enough or is it something else? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks 

Can you ask a friend with a decent, at least 550W PSU to test the VEGA56 Card in his rig?

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

16 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Can you ask a friend with a decent, at least 550W PSU to test the VEGA56 Card in his rig?

I don’t have anybody that has a pc(all console gamers) I just bought(today) a EVGA 850 GQ power supply and installed it and same issue, screen goes black after 10-20 secs after post. I did put my 1060 back in it and it starts and boots fine. Maybe the drivers for that card are interfering with the Vega 56?

4 hours ago, MikeTheMajicMan said:

I don’t have anybody that has a pc(all console gamers) I just bought(today) a EVGA 850 GQ power supply and installed it and same issue, screen goes black after 10-20 secs after post. I did put my 1060 back in it and it starts and boots fine. Maybe the drivers for that card are interfering with the Vega 56?

The 850W GQ isn't that great...

Anyway, I heard similar things in a different forum. Seems like there might have been some cards around that don't work as intended.

So all you can do is RMA the Card...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

If using DP try using HDMI, i had Blackscreen lockups 24/7 till i switched to HDMI (there is a bug in drivers that cause blackscreen with DP on some cards)

Let's agree to disagree