Cant set refresh rate to 165

Eyuayui

I have a 24 inch 1440p 165 hz dell monitor. I play stretched in a lot of games but in the amd software, i cant raise the refresh rate above 80. how do i make it go to the 165 hz?

Just now, Eyuayui said:

I have a 24 inch 1440p 165 hz dell monitor. I play stretched in a lot of games but in the amd software, i cant raise the refresh rate above 80. how do i make it go to the 165 hz?

What cable are you connected with? What GPU? Have you enabled the 165 Hz option in the monitor's menu? Where are you setting the refresh rate from? AFAIK the AMD control panel doesn't have a refresh rate selector unless they updated it recently. Have you tried setting the refresh rate from Windows settings?

I think im using the xbox hdmi cable. rx 580. yes. the monitor control panel. when making custom resolutions like 1920x1440, you can also set refresh rates and some other stuff. and in windows it says its 165 hz. Im not having any problems on native 1440p, but on custom resolutions like 1920x1440.

3 minutes ago, Eyuayui said:

I think im using the xbox hdmi cable. rx 580. yes. the monitor control panel. when making custom resolutions like 1920x1440, you can also set refresh rates and some other stuff. and in windows it says its 165 hz. Im not having any problems on native 1440p, but on custom resolutions like 1920x1440.

When you set custom resolutions make sure you set the Timing Standard to CVT Reduced Blank, don't leave it on automatic.