Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jumin

Oculus vr Hdmi problems?

Posted · Original PosterOP

I just got my oculus rift and I tried to set it up, plugged in all three usb cords and its all connected. But the Hdmi doesn't seem to be connecting, I tried wiggling it, unpluging both sides of it, and still doesn't work. The sounds are coming from the rift, the light in between the lends is white, but through the lends doesn't seem to show anything. I tried searching similar problems with the same laptop but I didn't quiet understand what im supposed to be doing. ive updated my nvidia graphics card, disabled windows defender, and checked for the latest windows update. I have an Acer Aspire VX 15 VX591G-54VG core i5, Geforce Gtx 1050Ti

Could be getting insufficient power from the USB (has to be USB 3.0 or newer), or the HDMI port isn't working, if you have an external display with hdmi you can try getting the laptop to display to it.

Cpu - I7-8700k @5ghz | Mobo - Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E | Gpu - Evga GTX 1080ti FTW3 Ram - Corsair Vengeance Lpx 16GB 3200mhz | Aio - H100i Pro RGB | Psu - Evga 850 GQ | Case - NZXT H500i

@Jumin

Just to make sure, go to Task Manager -> Services

Find OVRService, right click it and restart the service. Your lenses should start working soon after if THIS is the issue, because this happens to me often and I have to restart this before wanting to use Oculus for some reason.

image.png.299f7bb906e4ff058c8edda7ef775189.png

Spoiler

Fractal Define R4, Fractal Silent Series R2 fan x3, BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 2Super Flower Golden Green 550W Gold, Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H, Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x8GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9Intel i7 4770k 4.6GHz OC, EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3 OC 2038MHz Core/12400MHz VRAMEizo Foris FS2333 60Hz 1080p, AOC AG271QG 165Hz+G-Sync 1440p, CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate, Logitech G502 Spectrum, Steam Controler, Sennheiser HD600, S.M.S.L M6 Mini DAC, Blue Yeti (black) microphone, Huawei Mate 8 phone.