Roccat Purchased by Turtle Beach

rcat.jpg

Turtle Beach announced the entry into an agreement to acquire ROCCAT – a German PC peripherals company with a history of producing innovative, award-winning gaming mice, keyboards and other accessories. By acquiring ROCCAT, Turtle Beach further strengthens its market position in key PC-centric European territories, including Germany where ROCCAT is already a well-respected leading brand. Additionally, ROCCAT will see the benefits of Turtle Beach’s strong sales and distribution in North America and across Europe, while Turtle Beach will gain distribution into new Asian markets through ROCCAT’s presence in those markets.

Turtle Beach is acquiring ROCCAT for $14.8 million in cash, net of a working capital adjustment, $1 million in cash or stock (company option), plus up to approximately $3.4 million in earnout payments. Following the completion of the transaction, which is expected in the second quarter, ROCCAT’s partial year contribution to Turtle Beach’s 2019 net revenue is expected to be approximately $20–$24 million. The Company expects revenues from ROCCAT products to be over $30 million in 2020, and that the acquisition will be accretive to net income and EPS in 2020.

René Korte, CEO of ROCCAT, added, “We’ve long admired how Turtle Beach’s pioneering headsets have elevated gaming and it is an honor to join forces and bring our great products to more gamers. I have no doubt that combining ROCCAT’s strength in the PC peripherals market with Turtle Beach’s 45 years of experience, impressive technology, console dominance, and strong brand will bring even more victories to gamers around the world.” ROCCAT has been ranked as one of the top 10 best-selling gaming peripheral brands in Europe, and per recent Newzoo consumer survey data3, is one of the top four brands for awareness, purchase consideration, and preference for gaming keyboards and mice in the German PC gaming peripheral market.

Source: https://www.guru3d.com/news_story/roccat_purchased_hy_turtle_beach.html

Been using Roccat Peripherals for about seven years now, and absolutely love them for various reasons. Own two Roccat Kone XTDs and will probably continue to use them far into the future. I hope that QC doesn't drop because of the acquirement, and if anything, Roccat becomes even stronger of a brand. 

Just now, BiG StroOnZ said:

and if anything, Roccat becomes even stronger of a brand. 

I hope that's true, cause from what I remember back in the xbox 360 days, turtle beach headsets sucked and constantly broke.

Dunno if that has changed or not over the years

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, Slottr said:

I hope that's true, cause from what I remember back in the xbox 360 days, turtle beach headsets sucked and constantly broke.

Dunno if that has changed or not over the years

My sentiments exactly! Your memory serves you right. 

I just got into Roccat gear so reading that title came as a shock. My only experience with Turtle Beach is the Turtle Beach EarForce P12 which I bought for my PS4, the headset itself was nice but the build quality was poor. It'll be interesting to see how Roccat does and what direction is taken from here, especially for the Roccat Vulkan keyboard.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

Turtle Beach makes pretty cheap shit in my experience. If Roccat keeps its quality up whatever, but we'll see

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

i have a feeling Rocat is pretty much a dead brand then. Really liked some of what they had going for them but i get the feeling quality is going to tank while price shoots up

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Sources: the vergeanandtech

Roccat, best known for their keyboards, mouses, headsets and other peripherals has reported to be acquired by Turtle beach, best known for their headsets for 19,2 million dollars.

At present Turtle Beach is primarily known in the US and some European countries for its gaming headsets for consoles and PCs. By taking over ROCCAT, the company gets keyboards, mice, and a variety of accessories for gamers. Turtle Beach estimates that the merged company will have a total of 48 core product models for various markets. Furthermore, Turtle Beach gains presence in Asia and additional European countries, where ROCCAT is known. To a large degree, Turtle Beach and ROCCAT have no obvious overlap in terms of product portfolio and in terms of distribution channels, allowing them to integrate better. It's not clear if ROCCAT hardware will be rebranded Turtle Beach, or if the ROCCAT brand will remain.

thoughts? is this the start of a big peripheral company? or just as big of a flop as Mad Catz?

8 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

or just as big of a flop as Mad Catz?

I have only very brief experience with either Turtle Beach or Roccat, but I don't value either company's products particularly high. I can't give any sort of an educated guess or back up my opinion with anything other than gut-feeling -- might be gutrot as well, though! -- but I'm going to go with "flop like a Mad Catz."

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

22 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

I have only very brief experience with either Turtle Beach or Roccat, but I don't value either company's products particularly high. I can't give any sort of an educated guess or back up my opinion with anything other than gut-feeling -- might be gutrot as well, though! -- but I'm going to go with "flop like a Mad Catz."

I had a keyboard from them for 3 years and it's been great for the price. Though I don't recommend mice as I've heard of durability issues with them. I also had a ROCCAT mousepad but it was just a decent mousepad so there's not much to say there. Generally pretty good products with fairly reasonable prices, although AFAIK they are mostly known in Europe as it's a German company from what I remember.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

7 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

I had a keyboard from them for 3 years and it's been great for the price. Though I don't recommend mice as I've heard of durability issues with them. I also had a ROCCAT mousepad but it was just a decent mousepad so there's not much to say there. Generally pretty good products with fairly reasonable prices, although AFAIK they are mostly known in Europe as it's a German company from what I remember.

I've had two headsets from them and I've used a keyboard and a mouse from them a little. All broken, both headsets had to be replaced under warranty rather soon, keyboard stopped working and so on. Now, I'm not saying that all their products will fail or anything, I know I was unlucky there, but none of those products were particularly well made IMHO; cheap plastic, weak joints and stuff like that.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Roccat products are usually pretty cool but overpriced. 

Turtle beach products were (back in the day when people actually bought them) so bad that there's no fair price for them, not even free. 

Sad day for roccat. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Back in the days of ps3/360 when Turtle Beach were all the rave... Even though they were shit

DISCLAIMER 

Everything i say is my own opinion. So if you disagree with what I post, you are wrong. 

5 minutes ago, wANKER said:

Back in the days of ps3/360 when Turtle Beach were all the rave... Even though they were shit

you could seriously hear who had them, almost all of them had problems where the mic had crosstalk with the headset. IIRC I bought one of my friends a different headset because I was tired of hearing it.  

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

1 minute ago, Syntaxvgm said:

you could seriously hear who had them, almost all of them had problems where the mic had crosstalk with the headset. IIRC I bought one of my friends a different headset because I was tired of hearing it.  

I think I only ever owned one and it had one of the earpieces wrapped on with tape because I got fed up with it and snapped it off

DISCLAIMER 

Everything i say is my own opinion. So if you disagree with what I post, you are wrong. 

1 hour ago, wANKER said:

I think I only ever owned one and it had one of the earpieces wrapped on with tape because I got fed up with it and snapped it off

I think the only thing nice about them is a lot of them came with 3.5 mm adapters for rca and volume control usb amp that worked okish. Most people had a broken or unused tb headset, so that meant it was a great backpack accessory to set up your normal headphones with some random monitor with no audio. Remember, 360 supported vga screens and aspect ratios like 16:10 which was really awesome to setting multiple people up without tvs. And if the screen had dvi worked for ps3 as well. 

edit
I forgot for the usb amp part you had to get a cable with a female 3.5mm end and solder it to the end of it, the headphones were originally attached to the amp part. We did that without soldering sometimes, a lighter strips the coating off of headphone cable copper the same way soldering did, an important trick you learned when everyone was a poor and all your friends had broken headphones. This also meant you could use this as a USB mic adapter for your console if you also added a mic plug, not really needed on the 360 since the controllers had a plug, but helpful on the ps3. I still have one of these ghetto solutions somewhere, along with my homemade 360 vga cable, since the 40$ ones were the only ones without ghosting I made my own for less. 

The 3.5mm to rca was separate though, and in a lot of cases was an ok volume (not too loud but loud enough) if you didn't have an amp. 
Image result for turtle beach x12
Hard to get that kinda stuff locally back in the day though, so soldering it was still worth it if you had to bother other people to order online if you weren't 18.  

muh specs 

All parts black

I wonder would they buy mad catz too?

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

10 minutes ago, williamcll said:

aren't those gone?

10 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

aren't those gone?

Doesn't seem like it, their website seems to be completely fine.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Wait, Turtle Beach is still around???

That's a shocker!

Haven't heard/seen anything about them for years.

Back in the day they were known for pretty nice Soundcards - like the Santa Cruz.

But after that they seemed to have vanished.

And now they're buying Roccat??

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

2 hours ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Though I don't recommend mice as I've heard of durability issues with them. 

Yeah, I heard that too.

My take on it might be just a simple cable breaking, because the Original Cable is really stiff - a big nono for Mice!

And that can be fixed as the Cables are kinda slightly standardized - or you can make your own, if you wante to...

I have a Roccat myself and so far no issues but also with other Mice hardly any and even if, its either voilence (dropped a bit too much), a broken cable or the switch is done for.

1 hour ago, williamcll said:

Weren't they purchased by Logitech recently??

Or was that Saitek?? I don't get that stuff...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

18 hours ago, BiG StroOnZ said:

"We’ve long admired how Turtle Beach’s pioneering headsets have elevated gaming"

Last time I checked, sneezing in the general direction of a Turtle Beach headset caused them to break. Creaky plastic, cheap construction, bad mic quality etc. At least they don't mark up their crap as seriously as Astro.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

Two large companies combine to form one huge turd

"Roccat purchased..."

Me: ?

"...by Turtle Beach."

Me:

image.png.8d330bb536e1a9e47971117440f41ce2.png

Roccat was starting to take off!  And now...OMG...I hope Turtle Beach just lets them do their thing...

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy