PewDiePie Isn't to Blame for the New Zealand Mosque Shooting in Christchurch

Guanzo
5 minutes ago, LinusOnLine said:

I think he is. A Swede do not express them self like he does unless he is a racist.

Well I'm glad you have such proper standards for a Swede. Still, I bet you really don't know a thing about the so called scandals and only read articles about them, which lack context. If you look into his latest scandals like the twitch thot fiasco and the so called anti Indian sentiment, you'll see that his genuine fans aren't alienated by this, his female fans aren't assuming he's misogynistic for using the word thot and his Indian fans aren't assuming he's racist for writing bitch lasagna. His Jewish fans (heyo) certainly didn't get upset from the fiver 'death to all jews' stunt

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, LinusOnLine said:

I think he is. A Swede do not express them self like he does unless he is a racist.

That's a wild and probably inaccurate generalization.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

8 minutes ago, LinusOnLine said:

Man, Sweden sure is lucky to have you to speak on behalf of their entire population like that xD

Honestly, anyone with even a little bit of common sense can realize that PewDiePie or anyone else for that matter (other than the shooter himself) are irrelevant. Hell, I've even seen some people on twitter blame Ben Shapiro for this. Like, bruh.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

Honestly, anyone with even a little bit of common sense can realize that PewDiePie or anyone else for that matter (other than the shooter himself) are irrelevant. Hell, I've even seen some people on twitter blame Ben Shapiro for this. Like, bruh.

That I totally agree with. Although I can see how Breivik might have been an influenser.

30 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Yeah but Shapiro is constantly poking hiles and pointing out glaring flaws in policy and political movements, so smearing him is to be expected.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

4 hours ago, Guanzo said:

I have no idea who that guy is but he's an asshole of epic proportions

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

6 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

I have no idea who that guy is but he's an asshole of epic proportions

The manifesto explicitly states this was an attempt to create more conflict, to create more censorship, to push people to extremes. This is why he used the gun he did, he used facebook live, he shouted out Pewds...

The whole thing was intentional, and yet media like Andrew Todd are either ridiculously stupid, or knowingly giving the terrorist exactly what he wanted.

I swear I've seen more people get offended by PewDiePie being "blamed" than people actually "blaming" him.

I don't understand why all the G4M3R bros ignore the horrible travesty that takes place, to go and defend poor poor the $20 Million Dollar reaction channel.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

16 minutes ago, niofalpha said:

I swear I've seen more people get offended by PewDiePie being "blamed" than people actually "blaming" him.

I don't understand why all the G4M3R bros ignore the horrible travesty that takes place, to go and defend poor poor the $20 Million Dollar reaction channel.

Of course there are more people offended by him being blamed, then blaming him. The people blaming him are the privileged minority of blue check media types, who get their message amplified! 

And you are right now doing the terrorist's bidding, as you spread this G4M3R bro bullshit, giving him exactly what he wanted, as his manifesto showed.

Great thread on this:

2 hours ago, Chett_Manly said:

Of course there are more people offended by him being blamed, then blaming him. The people blaming him are the privileged minority of blue check media types, who get their message amplified! 

And you are right now doing the terrorist's bidding, as you spread this G4M3R bro bullshit, giving him exactly what he wanted, as his manifesto showed.

Great thread on this:

"When you shit your pants it's important that you don't discuss the smell of shit. It's what the shit wants." 

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

I dont even know who PewDiePie is, but I'm 99% certain the person to blame for all this is the guy who pulled the trigger.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Gunman liked peanut butter.

Peanut butter has blood on its hands.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/15/technology/pewdiepie-new-zealand-shooting.html

One of YouTube’s biggest celebrities found himself entangled early Friday in news coverage of the mass shooting at two mosques in New Zealand.

A gunman who had broadcast part of the attack that left at least 49 people dead urged those watching to “subscribe to PewDiePie,” referring to the alias used by Felix Kjellberg, a Swede whose channel has long dominated YouTube and courted controversy along the way.  

In an article last year, Paul MacInnes, who writes on sports and popular culture for The Guardian, faulted mainstream publications for largely ignoring Mr. Kjellberg.

“To call him an alt-right agitator would perhaps be unfair as he has never publicly identified with the proto-fascist movement,” Mr. MacInnes wrote. “But he shares much of their culture and amplifies it across the world. People should pay PewDiePie more attention.”

It's unfair to PewDiePie that his name got dragged into this tragedy, but at the same time one has to wonder why he was mentioned in the first place. I'm wondering to what extent Internet personalities are responsible for cultivating a following among certain segments and cross-sections of audiences based on their behavior--and what the follow-on effect is in a medium where the controllers (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter) seem to have no desire to truly take responsibility for the platforms they create.

Please, can we not.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Please, can we not.

Why, what could go wrong? 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Please do not bring this up here. I am already pissed off that they are putting this on him. His reddit was already shutdown and people are writing full threads on how he feed and organized this which is utter bullshit.

I love Felix and this is the first news that is physically making me angry. Also this is more political than tech news. 

Pewds is not tech news worthy just because he's on YouTube. I've never believed the media when it comes to reporting on new media. They have an interest in de-platforming anyone who isn't one of them.  

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

tenor.gif?itemid=3579864

dont @ me

"tech news"

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

It's not tech news, true, but I'm gonna have to pretty much disagree with most people here. His constant "it's just a joke" kind of attitude and "edginess" played a part. How small or large that part is remains very contentious. 

I don’t find this topic or this asshole’s tweets to be very appropriate at this time. 

2 minutes ago, Deus Voltage said:

It's not tech news, true, but I'm gonna have to pretty much disagree with most people here. His constant "it's just a joke" kind of attitude and "edginess" played a part. How small or large that part is remains very contentious. 

How much of a role does traditional media play then by constantly putting the spotlight on these wackjobs?

The dude livestreamed it because he wanted it to be seen and shared, which means he wants to be in the spotlight and have his "deeds" espoused to the world and like always the media is more than willing to oblige...

6 minutes ago, Deus Voltage said:

I still cant understand how you would think his videos come off to some as "mass murder people". Its not his fault some of his fans are fucking psycho especially that large of  fanbase. 

10 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

How much of a role does traditional media play then by constantly putting the spotlight on these wackjobs?

The dude livestreamed it because he wanted it to be seen and shared, which means he wants to be in the spotlight and have his "deeds" espoused to the world and like always the media is more than willing to oblige...

Oh I agree. Mainstream media outlets definitely had a field day with this. Just look up New Zealand on youtube and you'll be bombarded with BBC/CBS/Fox News....

So in a sense, his tactic worked. Then again, you'd have to ask yourself, would he still have been on the news even if he didn't want the spotlight?

I think what makes this particular event so heartbreaking is the fact that it was live streamed in such surreal first person sort of way. 

mynameisjuan:

I still cant understand how you would think his videos come off to some as "mass murder people". Its not his fault some of his fans are fucking psycho especially that large of  fanbase.

It's more about general awareness in my personal view. You're the biggest youtuber, and that comes with a hefty responsibility I think. At the end of the day though, I'm confident that he'll grow more mature from this and distance himself from the psychos even further.