Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bmichaels556

My Printer is Printing Too Low On The Page?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey gang, quick problem with my printer. It's a Canon MG2522. You know, just a cheapo printer, but one that's served me well for a while now!

I've noticed since setting it up again after moving, that it prints "low". For example, suppose on the top and bottom of a document, you've got about a 1 inch margin. Well, the top margin will extend, and the bottom will end up cut off. And it'll even do this when fitting to the page at about 90% scale. But I've never had to fit to page, even for prints of images and whatnot that have gone pretty close to the edge, so this is weird. 

So the problem seems to be that, the positioning of where the print is supposed to go, is somehow "too low" and so I'm getting this weird cutoff. Now, this is a cheap printer, and it's never been great at printing the edges. You need to account for about half an inch or more, I've found, to not have anything cut off on the outer edges. But this is different and pretty annoying, because it's bad enough to be affecting things like bottom page numbers, or even cutting into the last line of text on a document.

I can't seem to find any manual way to re-align this thing, or if this can even be fixed. Hope you guys can help! :)

You should be able to find a print head alignment option on the printer software or through device and printer menu under control panel.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore