Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Acperrigo

Can’t play games with my fancy new 2070

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

So when I play any game that requires any type of cpu/gpu activity my computer hard reboots cuts to black and reboots. No idea what is happening. I’m not over heating when this happens both the gpu and cpu are well under 60 Celsius. I cannot play division, or apex legends however the computer will run league for hours on end. 

Specs 

cpu: intel i5 7600k

gpu: rtx 2070 evga black edition

psu 850 watt Corsair 80+ bronze 

16g ram Corsair vengeance 

mobo: MSi h270 cpu mate 

 ps. All fans are working and functional and I’ve tested power supply

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Running the GPU with stock cooler @ Stock clocks? 

Do you have the latest drivers installed?

PCI-E Cables installed?

Have you tried different output on the card or different cable?

 

What GPU were you using before you got the 2070?


My Rig: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.2Ghz | Asus Prime X470-Pro | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8GB) DDR-4 3000Mhz |

EVGA RTX 2070 8GB XC Gaming | WD SN750 500GB M.2 NVME | Gigabye 240GB SSD | WD Purple 8TB | XSPC EX 360mm | XSPC Raystorm V3 | EK-Vector RTX 2080 | Alphacool Eisbecher D5 150mm Plexi | XSPC Fittings | XSPC FLX Clear 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD | Corsair LL120 x6 | Corsair RM750x White 2018 | Corsair Commander Pro | Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE | Corsair RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion | Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 | Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless 10,000DPI | LG 27" 4K 60Hz 27UK650 |

https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=119446601351

http://www.3dmark.com/spy/6800778

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Hqb8V6

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Shimejii said:

Its the PSU more then likely, it may be a bad unit struggling to give all the power needed.

The psu is about 5 years old which I know is old but he fan runs and the local  repair shop said psu was fine but I don’t know what they based that off of if it helps sometimes it would reset (not nearly as often) with my 970 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Acperrigo said:

The psu is about 5 years old which I know is old but he fan runs and the local  repair shop said psu was fine but I don’t know what they based that off of if it helps sometimes it would reset (not nearly as often) with my 970 

Sometimes it just happens, they list certain PSU's as 850 750 or 650, but they can only handle so much load like 400-600  before power failure. Ive had multiple CX units that were labelled 750 just fail when over 450 watts was applied.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, ddennis002 said:

Running the GPU with stock cooler @ Stock clocks? 

Do you have the latest drivers installed?

PCI-E Cables installed?

Have you tried different output on the card or different cable?

 

What GPU were you using before you got the 2070?

I’ve had a 970 which did it as well just not as often yes pci e cables all in lastesr drivers I’ve tried an hdmi cord in case dp was one of the funky ones 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Sometimes it just happens, they list certain PSU's as 850 750 or 650, but they can only handle so much load like 400-600  before power failure. Ive had multiple CX units that were labelled 750 just fail when over 450 watts was applied.

Very interesting will have to check out a evga unit 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Acperrigo said:

I’ve had a 970 which did it as well just not as often yes pci e cables all in lastesr drivers I’ve tried an hdmi cord in case dp was one of the funky ones 

I definatly agree with Shimejji sounds like PSU not supplying enough power when in demand. Do you know if the PSU is a single 12v rail or multiple? If multiple you could try a different 12v rail.


My Rig: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.2Ghz | Asus Prime X470-Pro | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8GB) DDR-4 3000Mhz |

EVGA RTX 2070 8GB XC Gaming | WD SN750 500GB M.2 NVME | Gigabye 240GB SSD | WD Purple 8TB | XSPC EX 360mm | XSPC Raystorm V3 | EK-Vector RTX 2080 | Alphacool Eisbecher D5 150mm Plexi | XSPC Fittings | XSPC FLX Clear 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD | Corsair LL120 x6 | Corsair RM750x White 2018 | Corsair Commander Pro | Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE | Corsair RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion | Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 | Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless 10,000DPI | LG 27" 4K 60Hz 27UK650 |

https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=119446601351

http://www.3dmark.com/spy/6800778

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Hqb8V6

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Acperrigo said:

Very interesting will have to check out a evga unit 

Try to get something listed in the top 3 tiers.


My Rig: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.2Ghz | Asus Prime X470-Pro | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8GB) DDR-4 3000Mhz |

EVGA RTX 2070 8GB XC Gaming | WD SN750 500GB M.2 NVME | Gigabye 240GB SSD | WD Purple 8TB | XSPC EX 360mm | XSPC Raystorm V3 | EK-Vector RTX 2080 | Alphacool Eisbecher D5 150mm Plexi | XSPC Fittings | XSPC FLX Clear 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD | Corsair LL120 x6 | Corsair RM750x White 2018 | Corsair Commander Pro | Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE | Corsair RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion | Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 | Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless 10,000DPI | LG 27" 4K 60Hz 27UK650 |

https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=119446601351

http://www.3dmark.com/spy/6800778

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Hqb8V6

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
26 minutes ago, ddennis002 said:

Try to get something listed in the top 3 tiers.

Well I also have a rm750x Corsair that when I plug in to the mobo it won’t turn on and this psu is only months old 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you know if that PSU works in any other system? can you short pin 4 and 5 and get it to power on and plug something into it? If it is a known good PSU sounds like you have a motherboard issue then.


My Rig: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.2Ghz | Asus Prime X470-Pro | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8GB) DDR-4 3000Mhz |

EVGA RTX 2070 8GB XC Gaming | WD SN750 500GB M.2 NVME | Gigabye 240GB SSD | WD Purple 8TB | XSPC EX 360mm | XSPC Raystorm V3 | EK-Vector RTX 2080 | Alphacool Eisbecher D5 150mm Plexi | XSPC Fittings | XSPC FLX Clear 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD | Corsair LL120 x6 | Corsair RM750x White 2018 | Corsair Commander Pro | Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE | Corsair RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion | Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 | Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless 10,000DPI | LG 27" 4K 60Hz 27UK650 |

https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=119446601351

http://www.3dmark.com/spy/6800778

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Hqb8V6

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
14 minutes ago, ddennis002 said:

Do you know if that PSU works in any other system? can you short pin 4 and 5 and get it to power on and plug something into it? If it is a known good PSU sounds like you have a motherboard issue then.

I plugged it into my ASUS mother board and the leds came on I can’t really test on it cause it has bent pins

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Buy VPN

×