Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yellowpanda

[HELP] connecting RGB lights to a non RGB motherboard?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi guys, so I have a Deepcool 350 RGB strip lighting kit, and an MSI X99A GODLIKE Gaming Carbon motherboard. The motherboard has no RGB headers, and I'm getting a Corsair Commander Pro for my RGB fans. I want to hook up the Deepcool 350 to my motherboard through the Commander Pro, however the ports on the Pro and the 350 are different. Is there a way or some other adapter that'll allow me to connect and control the 350 through my computer (not a remote)?

Thanks

All the corsair RGB is proprietary and won't work with other non corsair RGB equipment. Do you have Corsair Fans?

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.2Ghz | Asus Prime X470-Pro | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8GB) DDR-4 3000Mhz |

EVGA RTX 2070 8GB XC Gaming | WD SN750 500GB M.2 NVME | Gigabye 240GB SSD | WD Purple 8TB | XSPC EX 360mm | XSPC Raystorm V3 | EK-Vector RTX 2080 | Alphacool Eisbecher D5 150mm Plexi | XSPC Fittings | XSPC FLX Clear 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD | Corsair LL120 x6 | Corsair RM750x White 2018 | Corsair Commander Pro | Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE | Corsair RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion | Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 | Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless 10,000DPI | LG 27" 4K 60Hz 27UK650 |

Posted · Original PosterOP
48 minutes ago, ddennis002 said:

All the corsair RGB is proprietary and won't work with other non corsair RGB equipment. Do you have Corsair Fans?

I have Corsair LL140 fans. Is there a possibility of something else being able to connect the 350 to the motherboard? I preferably don't want to buy another RGB kit.

Corsair hub is a good choice in your scenario because they will be controlled via USB and don't require a rgb header.

Corsair sells rgb strips that can be connected to its hub.

There's a whole thread about it at corsairs forums : http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Corsair hubs are just chaining LEDs so modding cables could be a solution but I wouldn't risk it.