Laptop lags sometimes in games

Supertendo

Hey guys, 

I have this laptop https://www.amazon.in/Asus-FX553VE-DM318T-15-6-inch-i7-7700HQ-Graphics/dp/B074ZBNXR7?tag=googinhydr18418-21&tag=googinkenshoo-21&ascsubtag=_k_CjwKCAjw96fkBRA2EiwAKZjFTTdqiTJoP3CW7_pqf4xBLR6ihOsqghYO-_5Rge6HDgLDucIFWBU1DBoCWsgQAvD_BwE_k_&gclid=CjwKCAjw96fkBRA2EiwAKZjFTTdqiTJoP3CW7_pqf4xBLR6ihOsqghYO-_5Rge6HDgLDucIFWBU1DBoCWsgQAvD_BwE

The games work smooth for some time after which they start lagging.. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

It it starts out without lag and starts to lag after sometime its probably just thermal throttling. You could try undervolting the CPU but its hard to say if you will get much for the effort.

9 hours ago, Supertendo said:

Hey guys, 

I have this laptop https://www.amazon.in/Asus-FX553VE-DM318T-15-6-inch-i7-7700HQ-Graphics/dp/B074ZBNXR7?tag=googinhydr18418-21&tag=googinkenshoo-21&ascsubtag=_k_CjwKCAjw96fkBRA2EiwAKZjFTTdqiTJoP3CW7_pqf4xBLR6ihOsqghYO-_5Rge6HDgLDucIFWBU1DBoCWsgQAvD_BwE_k_&gclid=CjwKCAjw96fkBRA2EiwAKZjFTTdqiTJoP3CW7_pqf4xBLR6ihOsqghYO-_5Rge6HDgLDucIFWBU1DBoCWsgQAvD_BwE

The games work smooth for some time after which they start lagging.. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

It’s either heat saturation on the coolers or the combination of HDD and 8GB of RAM. Depending on how long your laptop has been running for you might want to crack it open to give it a good cleaning. If it doesn’t improve things you might want to try this 

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

I turned my fan to max which fixed the issue but the table is getting really hot so it gonna stay that way? And when I am playing GTA V there is seriously very bad anti aliasing even after turning it up in nvidia settings and game settings.. Any suggestions? The game is running smoothly now 

4 hours ago, Supertendo said:

I turned my fan to max which fixed the issue but the table is getting really hot so it gonna stay that way? And when I am playing GTA V there is seriously very bad anti aliasing even after turning it up in nvidia settings and game settings.. Any suggestions? The game is running smoothly now 

Try to prop it up with something so it has an easier time breathing. As for the anti aliasing, no idea. Might be either the game or the driver overwriting the settings of the other. 

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

• 1 month later...
On 3/16/2019 at 12:49 PM, Napper198 said:

Try to prop it up with something so it has an easier time breathing. As for the anti aliasing, no idea. Might be either the game or the driver overwriting the settings of the other. 

What he says. If you cant afford a laptop cooling pad you can use 4 dices to lift the notebook. :)

• 5 months later...
On 5/7/2019 at 9:47 AM, Rhodan said:

What he says. If you cant afford a laptop cooling pad you can use 4 dices to lift the notebook. :)

not recommended with hdd, a slip up and boom there goes your data lol

find a cardboard and cut a bunch of holes, place it under laptop, its the best ghetto "laptop cooling pad" ever lol, get like 3ish layers to get it thick enough for venting

• 2 months later...

I've been playing Star Citizen for a handful of years now, and have had to make some upgrades in order to suite the ever growing demands and development of the game. I would highly recommend doubling your RAM, based on some of my own SC instances holding up to 10-11GB memory. Definitely consider getting your hands on an SSD as well. You'll be reaping the benefits not only of just speed, but power usage while on the road, data corruption being eliminated, and the fact that SSD storage has never been so cheap. Jump on it! :)

Also, if you are adept in hardware, you could consider repasting your CPU and GPU onboard with a more reputable brand TIM. This has always shaved off an easy 5C+/- on my laptop builds.