Youtube Censors SBSK Comment Sections

klotza1
4 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

I didn't say that. I said they used a shotgun to clear a sink. 

And when you boss says you you need clear the sink in 30 secs or you don't get paid it's the right thing.

I'm sorry but this whole situation came out of nowwhere and it was the right decision.

I'm surprised that linking to reddit, a forum, etc. in the video description isn't the go to solution for these channels.

1 hour ago, ElfFriend said:

I'm surprised that linking to reddit, a forum, etc. in the video description isn't the go to solution for these channels.

That's mostly for discussion though. YouTube comments are mostly for leaving your thoughts or jokes.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

On 3/15/2019 at 7:42 PM, Raskolnikov said:

That's mostly for discussion though. YouTube comments are mostly for leaving your thoughts or jokes.

That, and YT comments are really important to the algorithm for measuring interaction and engagement with the video.

On topic: I'm with @mynameisjuan on this one. This pretty much exploded out of nowhere, and advertisers were freaking out. YouTube had to do something. You don't like them banning comments? That's fine. But tough luck. This is standard procedure for them when they need to initiate emergency action. Act quickly, then scale back until they find the sweet spot.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 3/15/2019 at 5:51 PM, Beskamir said:

Some channels do that - LTT is one example. Almost every video they post has a link back to the forum post for the same video. But that doesn't help their engagement levels on YT itself, which benefits from having comments. Not every channel owner can or wants to manage a forum though - and even a subreddit requires moderation and volunteers to run the thing.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Youtube disabled the comments section? "Dissenter" is the answer. Google can place themselves on the head and you can still comment through Dissenter as it's a layer on top of ANY webpage or any URL for that matter.