Fans spin and lights turn on, but no video output

r2724r16

So I just finished putting together my system and I'm having quite a strange issue.

Specs:

- Intel Core i7 920

- ASUS P6T Deluxe v2

- Corsair XSM3 DDR3-1600 (6x2GB)

- ASUS STRIX GTX 770

- Corsair AX860i PSU

- NZXT HAVIK 140

- No drives are currently connected

- Motherboard is placed on a piece of cardboard

The situation:

The lights on my motherboard turn on (the onboard power button LED is red green, the onboard reset button LED is green red, and the RAM led is off), my graphics cards lights are on (and they're both green) and its fans are spinning, my CPU cooler's fans are on, and my AX860i's self-test LED is green and its fan spins up. But when my monitor (which is definitely working) is plugged into my graphics card and my PC is turned on, I get no video output or BIOS screen when I hold the DELETE key. My monitor's LED is just blinking red.

Troubleshooting steps I've taken:

- The RAM is working because I tried my two RAM sticks in another PC.

- The PSU is working because I tried it in another PC.

- I've tried using just one stick of RAM in my motherboard. Tried using a different RAM modules but still no video output.

- I've tried using just two RAM modules in my new motherboard (and swapped those around).

- I've tried another graphics card in my new PC (a GT 710 or something) but still no display output.

- I've cleared the CMOS by removing the battery for some time and then putting it back in (I've tried this like 10 times).

- I've reseated all the cables multiple times.

- I've tried using multiple keyboards (one PS2 and a few USB ones).

- I've tried using another monitor.

- I've tried another CMOS battery.

- I've reseated the CPU.

- I've reseated the graphics card.

Some other (possibly important) notes:

- My keyboard's LEDs don't turn on (for caps lock and num lock).

- My motherboard doesn't have a debug speaker.

- My PSU's self-test LED stays green when the PSU is on and the system is powered on, but the fan stops spinning after around 30 seconds.

- My CPU doesn't have an iGPU.

- I don't have any spare cables for the PSU.

Please help me if possible. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Thanks!

Here's my motherboard manual: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1366/P6T_Deluxe_V2/E4398_P6T_Deluxe.pd

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

3 minutes ago, Geography said:

So I just finished putting together my system and I'm having quite a strange issue.

Specs:

- Intel Core i7 920

- ASUS P6T Deluxe v2

- Corsair XSM3 DDR3-1600 (6x2GB)

- ASUS STRIX GTX 770

- Corsair AX860i PSU

- NZXT HAVIK 140

- No drives are currently connected

- Motherboard is placed on a piece of cardboard

The situation:

The lights on my motherboard turn on (the onboard power button LED is green, the onboard reset button LED is red, and the RAM led is off), my graphics cards lights are on (and they're both green) and its fans are spinning, my CPU cooler's fans are on, and my AX860i's self-test LED is green and its fan spins up. But when my monitor (which is definitely working) is plugged into my graphics card and my PC is turned on, I get no video output or BIOS screen when I hold the DELETE key. My monitor's LED is just blinking red.

Troubleshooting steps I've taken:

- The RAM is working because I tried my two RAM sticks in another PC.

- The PSU is working because I tried it in another PC.

- I've tried using just one stick of RAM in my motherboard. Tried using a different RAM modules but still no video output.

- I've tried using just two RAM modules in my new motherboard (and swapped those around).

- I've tried another graphics card in my new PC (a GT 710 or something) but still no display output.

- I've cleared the CMOS by removing the battery for some time and then putting it back in (I've tried this like 10 times).

- I've reseated all the cables multiple times.

- I've tried using multiple keyboards (one PS2 and a few USB ones).

- I've tried using another monitor.

- I've tried another CMOS battery.

- I've reseated the CPU.

- I've reseated the graphics card.

Some other (possibly important) notes:

- My keyboard's LEDs don't turn on (for caps lock and num lock).

- My motherboard doesn't have a debug speaker.

- My PSU's self-test LED stays green when the PSU is on and the system is powered on, but the fan stops spinning after around 30 seconds.

- My CPU doesn't have an iGPU.

- I don't have any spare cables for the PSU.

Please help me if possible. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Thanks!

Here's my motherboard manual: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1366/P6T_Deluxe_V2/E4398_P6T_Deluxe.pd

Considering your keyboard LEDS don't turn on either, maybe plug your power cable somewhere else?

Crimson Panda

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/g6T8QV

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

Just now, food158 said:

Considering your keyboard LEDS don't turn on either, maybe plug your power cable somewhere else?

But then how will I enter the BIOS? I need my keyboard plugged into my PC.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

3 minutes ago, food158 said:

Power cable as in PSU cable.

Just tried, still no luck.

1 minute ago, food158 said:

Are you certain the mobo is working properly?

I know the RAM, PSU, and graphics card work fine. And I'm pretty sure the motherboard (and CPU) works fine because the person who sold it to me on eBay said it's in working condition. Any ideas?

Just now, Geography said:

I know the RAM, PSU, and graphics card work fine. And I'm pretty sure the motherboard (and CPU) works fine because the person who sold it to me on eBay said it's in working condition. Any ideas?

Unless you test it, I wouldn't be so sure. The mobo is responsible for a lot of these connections, which no video output and inconsistent power delivery sounds like.

Crimson Panda

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

Unless you test it, I wouldn't be so sure. The mobo is responsible for a lot of these connections, which no video output and inconsistent power delivery sounds like.

How can I test it though?

Try booting with just your CPU in(and psu ofc).

And what should I expect (e.g. the lights turn on)?

5 minutes ago, food158 said:

It's to isolate everything else. Should the computer not startup, we have the culprits.

I tried booting with just my CPU (and its cooler), motherboard, and PSU. When I flip the switch on my PSU, the motherboard lights up (the onboard power button LED turns red and the onboard reset button LED turns green) but when I press the onboard power button, nothing happens.

EDIT: When I flip the switch on my PSU, the motherboard lights up (the onboard power button LED turns red and the onboard reset button LED turns green) and when I press the onboard power button, the CPU cooler's fan spins up. But I can't boot up because there's no iGPU and RAM.

1 minute ago, Geography said:

I tried booting with just my CPU (and its cooler), motherboard, and PSU. When I flip the switch on my PSU, the motherboard lights up (the onboard power button LED turns red and the onboard reset button LED turns green) but when I press the onboard power button, nothing happens.

Interesting, the onboard power button was green and the reset button was red before right? Reseat the onboard pins just to be safe, but otherwise slowly add parts one by one. If all else fails, I would think your mobo or cpu, but I bet mobo, is not functional.

Crimson Panda

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

Interesting, the onboard power button was green and the reset button was red before right? Reseat the onboard pins just to be safe, but otherwise slowly add parts one by one. If all else fails, I would think your mobo or cpu, but I bet mobo, is not functional.

My bad. If you read my last post, I edited it.

Just now, food158 said:

I see; I still believe your mobo or cpu is disfunctional.

How come? Is there something indicating that?

How come? Is there something indicating that?

We've isolated every other part: ram, psu, monitor, etc. One onboard LED gets power and the other doesn't. Of course, this is just my thought solely.

Crimson Panda

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

Just now, food158 said:

We've isolated every other part: ram, psu, monitor, etc. One onboard LED gets power and the other doesn't. Of course, this is just my thought solely.

Wait, which LED doesn't get power?

Wait, which LED doesn't get power?

Onboard power LED was red? Onboard power button isn't getting anything right? Unless that indicates something else.

Crimson Panda

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

2 minutes ago, food158 said:

Onboard power LED was red? Onboard power button isn't getting anything right? Unless that indicates something else.

The motherboard's onboard power button LED is red and it's onboard reset button LED is green (and I'm pretty sure this is normal). When I hit the onboard power button, the fans on my CPU cooler spin up, but I get no POST or BIOS splash.

I also found out that this motherboard requires a dedicated graphics card to POST, so I'll plug my GTX 770 in.

The motherboard's onboard power button LED is red and it's onboard reset button LED is green (and I'm pretty sure this is normal). When I hit the onboard power button, the fans on my CPU cooler spin up, but I get no POST or BIOS splash.

I also found out that this motherboard requires a dedicated graphics card to POST, so I'll plug my GTX 770 in.

Oh it's normal...

Crimson Panda

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

Any update on this OP?

CPU
Intel® Core i9 9900K 8 Core 16 Threads
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG Strix Z390-E
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB
Graphics Card
MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio

1st Drive

500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVME 

2nd Drive

1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVME
3rd Hard Disk
480GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 450MB/sW)
4th Hard Disk
2TB 3.5" SEAGATE SSHD, SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM

5th Hard Disk
2TB 3.5" SEAGATE SSHD, SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RM SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET 
Processor Cooling
Corsair H150i Pr 360mm AIO

Case:

Lian Li O11 Air

3 minutes ago, Findiculous said:

Any update on this OP?

Getting a mobo POST speaker today. I hope it'll tell me something.