Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ed.Nev

Oculus rift on steam vr gives me 4 fps

Posted · Original PosterOP

My friend did family sharing with me on steam and when I went to play super hot off steam vr the game ran at about 4-10 fps. So I bought gorn and I still have the same problems however some games e.g. blade and sorcery do work so its not my headset which is the problem. All games off the Oculus store work perfectly. I tried beat saber on steam (from family sharing) and again low fps. Then I bought it off the Oculus store and it works fine.

I really don't want to buy all these games so I need a way to fix this fps. 
Thanks 
My specs:
Rx 590
I5 8400
12gb ram
Latest drivers on everything not sure what the problem is

2 minutes ago, Ed.Nev said:

My friend did family sharing with me on steam and when I went to play super hot off steam vr the game ran at about 4-10 fps. So I bought gorn and I still have the same problems however some games e.g. blade and sorcery do work so its not my headset which is the problem. All games off the Oculus store work perfectly. I tried beat saber on steam (from family sharing) and again low fps. Then I bought it off the Oculus store and it works fine.

I really don't want to buy all these games so I need a way to fix this fps. 
Thanks 
My specs:
Rx 590
I5 8400
12gb ram
Latest drivers on everything not sure what the problem is

Perhaps it is inherently family sharing or steam.

3 minutes ago, food158 said:

Perhaps it is inherently family sharing or steam.

Yes but then I bought gorn of steam to test that and it still didn't work :( thx tho

3 minutes ago, Ed.Nev said:

I will give it a shot thanks 👍

if that doesn’t work you could try reinstalling windows

Discord: iLostMyXbox21#4649

I took a walk around the world to Ease my troubled mind I left my body lying somewhere In the sands of time I watched the world float to the dark Side of the moon I feel there is nothing I can do, yeah I watched the world float to the Dark side of the moon After all I knew it had to be something To do with you I really don't mind what happens now and then As long as you'll be my friend at the end If I go crazy then will you still Call me Superman If I'm alive and well, will you be There holding my hand I'll keep you by my side with My superhuman might Kryptonite You called me strong, you called me weak But still your secrets I will keep You took for granted all the times Never let you down You stumbled in and bumped your head, if Not for me then you'd be dead I picked you up and put you back On solid ground If I go crazy then will you still Call me Superman If I'm alive and well, will you be There holding my hand I'll keep you by my side with My superhuman might Kryptonite Oh whoa whoa If I go crazy then will you still Call me Superman If I'm alive and well, will you be There holding my hand I'll keep you by my side with My superhuman might Kryptonite If I go crazy then will you still Call me Superman If I'm alive and well, will you be There holding my hand I'll keep you by my side with My superhuman might Kryptonite

What is your SSAA setting on Steam VR?

You should avoid anything more than x2 with RX590 otherwise your FPS will go to hell.

8 hours ago, WereCat said:

What is your SSAA setting on Steam VR?

You should avoid anything more than x2 with RX590 otherwise your FPS will go to hell.

Already set to x1