i9 9900k, RTX 2080 95+% CPU usage.

Faultygraphics
12 hours ago, SoreRaito said:

You can try this out if you want to.
It in creases the resolution the frames get rendered in so it increases the load on the GPU and should reduce the load a bit on the CPU.

You can try it out a bit it wont break anything.

DSR.png

I've tried it, fps drops a wee bit but nothing else. CPU and GPU usage are still nearing 100% at all times under load from BF V, most other titles, the CPU now goes down to 20-60% usage, depending on the title. I'm gonna buy a 2560x1440p 144hz monitor next month when I get paid, see if pushing that extra monitor power in will help my CPU go down abit. Thanks for all of the help you lads have given, much appreciate it :)

OP is this in general or just multiplayer for bfv?

Edit: Okay no need to answer that. So im running a 9900k same as you. Im running with a Gaming X Trio 2080. 

Im not really a Battlefield player but decided to launch the game to test this for you.

Now single player, CPU never broke over 50%. GPU was basically 100% which is normal in pretty much any game you come across.

I was hitting 70-90 FPS in borderless windowed mode on one of my dual 1080p 144hz monitors. Meanwhile my system has Chrome open and Opera Browser and Steam and Discord and other programmes. Trying to tax the system.

In multiplayer (which i have never tried before but i died a lot) my CPU did hit 70% and would spike a little higher for a moment. But nothing like your 95% which you appear to suggest is pretty constant.

I should note that I was using my CPU on stock settings without overclock (simply because I havent had the time yet to tweak it myself).

I dont know if this helps you at all. But from the same CPU, mine at stock and yours overclocked, I didnt hit your 95%. 

Whether it makes a difference though, im running 32GB RAM at 3200.

CPU
Intel® Core i9 9900K 8 Core 16 Threads
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG Strix Z390-E
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB
Graphics Card
MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio

1st Drive

500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVME 

2nd Drive

1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVME
3rd Hard Disk
480GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 450MB/sW)
4th Hard Disk
2TB 3.5" SEAGATE SSHD, SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM

5th Hard Disk
2TB 3.5" SEAGATE SSHD, SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RM SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET 
Processor Cooling
Corsair H150i Pr 360mm AIO

Case:

Lian Li O11 Air

• 6 months later...

Hello did u found a solution? I have exactly same problem with 5ghz overclocked and x trio 2080ti not overclocked.

• 3 months later...

The below is what worked for me to reduce CPU utilization and may work for others:

I was also getting about 90% CPU utilization on my Intel 9900KF processor while playing multiplayer on BF5 using a 2080TI GPU. What i have noticed with BF5 is that it will try to use as much CPU cores / threads as possible which i suspect leads to the higher CPU utilization.

To check how many job threads BF5 is using, the console command "Render.DrawScreenInfo 1" can be executed when in BF5 to view the total job threads being used. Initially for me it was 12 job threads.

One can specify how much job threads should be used by using the console commands "thread.processorcount" and "thread.maxprocessorcount". So what i did was to create a file called "user.cfg" within the BF5 installation folder and then added the following lines and saved.

thread.processorcount 8
thread.maxprocessorcount 8

Once i started up BF5 multiplayer again, my CPU utilization on average was about between 50% and 60%.

I also tried the value 4 for the console commands "thread.processorcount" and "thread.maxprocessorcount". My CPU utilization was then between 30% and 40%.

Please note i think the effects of using the console commands "thread.processorcount" and "thread.maxprocessorcount" will vary depending on the CPU and GPU being used.