Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kashoot me

Budget cpu

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

What is the cheapest cpu for a gtx 1050 that won't bottleneck it much?

 

Right now i think it's the pentium G4560 at $113 AUD

Link to post
Share on other sites

well with no specific task parameter set the cheapest cpu that won't bottleneck a 1050 is a freebee celeron from around 10 years ago or newer.

If you have a task in mind I'd suggest something different

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kashoot me said:

What is the cheapest cpu for a gtx 1050 that won't bottleneck it much?

 

Right now i think it's the pentium G4560 at $113 AUD

I mean, a mildly overclocked Q6600 wouldn't hold a GTX 1050 back by much, and those are like $9.


Sabre - i7-8086K - MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X - AsRock Z370 Fatal1ty Gaming K6 - 16GB Corsair DDR4-3466 RGB - 250GB Western Digital Black M.2 NVMe PCIe 3.0x4 - 1TB Inland Professional SSD - 960GB SanDisk Ultra II - 4TB Seagate Barracuda - Corsair RM650i - Fractal Design Meshify C White TG - Noctua NH-C14S

 

Senketsu - i7-6700T - Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB Windforce - Gigabyte GA-B150N Phoenix - 16GB Team Elite DDR4-2400 - 240GB Crucial M500 - Silverstone SF450 - Enermax Steelwing Red - Rosewill RCX-Z300

 

Hypnotoad - i7-6700 - ASUS Dual GTX 1060 3GB - AsRock Z170AX1/3.1 - 12GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4-2133 - 128GB Samsung 850 Pro - 1TB Seagate Barracuda - Corsair CX550M - DIYPC DIY-J21-BK RGB case - Cooler Master Hyper T4 - Aigo RGB fans - RGB strip - Unicorn vomit

 

The Little Pentium That Could - Pentium G3258 - MSI GTX 1050 Ti LP - ASUS H81M-C - 16GB Patriot Viper DDR3-1600 - 480GB SanDisk Ultra II SSD - Silverstone SF450 - Athenatech A100BB - Arctic Alpine 11 Plus - Spunk

Link to post
Share on other sites

Buy a whole prebuilt i5-3470 ex-office pc for like $180USD

 

Comes with everything + W10


My System: i7-8700k 5.0ghz delidded @1.355v // Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi // Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 // 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 // Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 UV/OC 1677core/1050hbm // NZXT S340 White // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w // 120GB PNY CS900/480GB PNY CS1311/1TB Hitachi Deskstar // Displays: ASUS VG248QE/ASUS VG245H/ASUS VP248QG // Eagletech KG010 Mechanical Keyboard - Logitech G502 

 

Wife's System: Ryzen 5 1600 3.8ghz @1.3v // Wraith Spire // Gigabyte AX-370-Gaming // 16GB T-Force DDR4 2667 // XFX Radeon RX 580 8GB // Corsair Obsidian 750D // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w // 120GB Sandisk SSD/500GB Silicon Power A55/4TB Western Digital Blue // Displays: Acer K242HYL/Acer K242HYL // Eagletech KG010 Mechanical Keyboard // Logitech G602

 

Son's System: i3-8350k 4.8ghz @ 1.35v // Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi // ASRock Z370 Extreme 4 // 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 // ASUS Radeon RX 570 4GB // NZXT S340 Black // Seasonic S12II 620w Bronze // 525GB Crucial MX300/500GB Wester Digital Blue // Display: Dell P2417H - Eagletech KG010 Mechanical Keyboard // Logitech G203

 

Daughter's System: i5-4570 // ASUS H81I-Plus // 8GB Corsair DDR3 XMS2 1333 // Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 3GB Mini // Cooler Master Elite 130 // Corsair CX600M // 120GB Sandisk SSD/500GB Western Digital Blue // Display: AOC 20" // HP Business Keyboard // HP Business Mouse

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
37 minutes ago, Kashoot me said:

What is the cheapest cpu for a gtx 1050 that won't bottleneck it much?

 

Right now i think it's the pentium G4560 at $113 AUD

lolol, i forgot to say i want it for mild 1080p gaming at at least low - medium settings and above (i dont mind drops) 75fps

Link to post
Share on other sites

if you’re fine with buying a new mobo, you could always get a 2200g or 2400g (or 2600)

 

im taking about ryzen btw, not sure if you knew or not 


Discord: iLostMyXbox21#4649

I took a walk around the world to Ease my troubled mind I left my body lying somewhere In the sands of time I watched the world float to the dark Side of the moon I feel there is nothing I can do, yeah I watched the world float to the Dark side of the moon After all I knew it had to be something To do with you I really don't mind what happens now and then As long as you'll be my friend at the end If I go crazy then will you still Call me Superman If I'm alive and well, will you be There holding my hand I'll keep you by my side with My superhuman might Kryptonite You called me strong, you called me weak But still your secrets I will keep You took for granted all the times Never let you down You stumbled in and bumped your head, if Not for me then you'd be dead I picked you up and put you back On solid ground If I go crazy then will you still Call me Superman If I'm alive and well, will you be There holding my hand I'll keep you by my side with My superhuman might Kryptonite Oh whoa whoa If I go crazy then will you still Call me Superman If I'm alive and well, will you be There holding my hand I'll keep you by my side with My superhuman might Kryptonite If I go crazy then will you still Call me Superman If I'm alive and well, will you be There holding my hand I'll keep you by my side with My superhuman might Kryptonite

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
23 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

Buy a whole prebuilt i5-3470 ex-office pc for like $180USD

 

Comes with everything + W10

i thought about it but i want the building experience and doesn't look like it came out of a library, also lots of upgradeable path.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
24 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

if you’re fine with buying a new mobo, you could always get a 2200g or 2400g (or 2600)

 

im taking about ryzen btw, not sure if you knew or not 

its slightly cheaper that the gpu and pentium, but the frames fluctuate a lot (in my opinion). defo think about it

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Kashoot me said:

its slightly cheaper that the gpu and pentium, but the frames fluctuate a lot (in my opinion). defo think about it

Personally I wouldn't buy a dual core anything in 2019.

 

Even a 4/4 is cutting it close.


My System: i7-8700k 5.0ghz delidded @1.355v // Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi // Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 // 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 // Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 UV/OC 1677core/1050hbm // NZXT S340 White // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w // 120GB PNY CS900/480GB PNY CS1311/1TB Hitachi Deskstar // Displays: ASUS VG248QE/ASUS VG245H/ASUS VP248QG // Eagletech KG010 Mechanical Keyboard - Logitech G502 

 

Wife's System: Ryzen 5 1600 3.8ghz @1.3v // Wraith Spire // Gigabyte AX-370-Gaming // 16GB T-Force DDR4 2667 // XFX Radeon RX 580 8GB // Corsair Obsidian 750D // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w // 120GB Sandisk SSD/500GB Silicon Power A55/4TB Western Digital Blue // Displays: Acer K242HYL/Acer K242HYL // Eagletech KG010 Mechanical Keyboard // Logitech G602

 

Son's System: i3-8350k 4.8ghz @ 1.35v // Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi // ASRock Z370 Extreme 4 // 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 // ASUS Radeon RX 570 4GB // NZXT S340 Black // Seasonic S12II 620w Bronze // 525GB Crucial MX300/500GB Wester Digital Blue // Display: Dell P2417H - Eagletech KG010 Mechanical Keyboard // Logitech G203

 

Daughter's System: i5-4570 // ASUS H81I-Plus // 8GB Corsair DDR3 XMS2 1333 // Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 3GB Mini // Cooler Master Elite 130 // Corsair CX600M // 120GB Sandisk SSD/500GB Western Digital Blue // Display: AOC 20" // HP Business Keyboard // HP Business Mouse

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jayz and Paul's both frequently recommend the Ryzen 3 2200G for low budget builds. Currently $87.99 USD on pcpartpicker. 

That may require a new MOBO (and even new RAM if you're not currently on DDR4). If you're not planning to overclock, the MOBOs can run as low as $50ish.

I've seen it paired with similar GPU's without issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, trevb0t said:

What do you mean by that?

I mean that it can go really low, but really high.

that's from what i've seen anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, trevb0t said:

Jayz and Paul's both frequently recommend the Ryzen 3 2200G for low budget builds. Currently $87.99 USD on pcpartpicker. 

That may require a new MOBO (and even new RAM if you're not currently on DDR4). If you're not planning to overclock, the MOBOs can run as low as $50ish.

I've seen it paired with similar GPU's without issue.

thanks, defo think about it :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, trevb0t said:

Jayz and Paul's both frequently recommend the Ryzen 3 2200G for low budget builds. Currently $87.99 USD on pcpartpicker. 

That may require a new MOBO (and even new RAM if you're not currently on DDR4). If you're not planning to overclock, the MOBOs can run as low as $50ish.

I've seen it paired with similar GPU's without issue.

How do you find cheap motherboards?

on pcpartpicker the cheapest one i can find is 100$

the cheaper ones have a *slight* compatibility issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kashoot me said:

How do you find cheap motherboards?

on pcpartpicker the cheapest one i can find is 100$

the cheaper ones have a *slight* compatibility issue.

The chipset you'd want for 2nd Gen Ryzen is the B450 series (Or X470 if you run crossfire). If you don't mind mATX factor, they drop about 15 bucks on almost every model. That said, if you're overclocking, a lot of the low end models won't support it well. Then your lowest cost is in the $75ish range currently. (Which is on a nice low, since a 3rd gen Ryzen is about to drop. It may continue to go down, who knows.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been posting this around when suggesting. So here's some food for thought:

 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor $87.99 @ Walmart
Motherboard ASRock - B450M-HDV R4.0 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $59.99 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill - Aegis 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $39.99 @ Newegg
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $187.97
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-15 10:05 EDT-0400  

 

Sub out the RAM for 16gb though is my sugestion. That was for a dude looking for a pretty barebones setup/cost.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
16 hours ago, trevb0t said:

The chipset you'd want for 2nd Gen Ryzen is the B450 series (Or X470 if you run crossfire). If you don't mind mATX factor, they drop about 15 bucks on almost every model. That said, if you're overclocking, a lot of the low end models won't support it well. Then your lowest cost is in the $75ish range currently. (Which is on a nice low, since a 3rd gen Ryzen is about to drop. It may continue to go down, who knows.)

i think its where i live, i live in Australia and things are generally  more expensive with electronics, but then if its ALSO USD it can go up a bit but thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
15 hours ago, trevb0t said:

I've been posting this around when suggesting. So here's some food for thought:

 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor $87.99 @ Walmart
Motherboard ASRock - B450M-HDV R4.0 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $59.99 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill - Aegis 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $39.99 @ Newegg
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $187.97
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-15 10:05 EDT-0400  

 

Sub out the RAM for 16gb though is my sugestion. That was for a dude looking for a pretty barebones setup/cost.

if you change the pcpartpicker location to Australia it become twice as much, but hey, if its all i can get, then i will get

 

 

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2019 at 11:38 PM, Kashoot me said:

What is the cheapest cpu for a gtx 1050 that won't bottleneck it much?

 

Right now i think it's the pentium G4560 at $113 AUD

A Pentium in 2019.. save those hard earned dollars and get yourself a B450 MOBO + 2200g 


MoBo: MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon ACCPU: Ryzen 2700x 1.36V @ 4.15GhZ  | Cooler: NZXT  Kraken X52  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour +186MhZ /+500MhZ | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX (2*8) 16GB 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2Nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSDPSU: RM550x (2018) | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C white |  Mouse: Logitech G pro Wireless | MonitorGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kashoot me said:

if you change the pcpartpicker location to Australia it become twice as much, but hey, if its all i can get, then i will get

Ah, I see.. I always forget that a large portion of this forum seem to be outside of North America so I am over here just being an asshole in my recommendations that don't necessarily even apply lol.

 

That said if it's a fairly even price increase across the board, I imagine this will still be an equally budget friendly combo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×