interet

m2234323

what can i do since verizon is charging us 150  for tv phone and internet dad try to change plan to add one more chanle and price were to go up becaser we lost more of discoudn 

it is 100 100  comcast only has bad upload like 10 or 20

57 minutes ago, m2234323 said:

what can i do since verizon is charging us 150  for tv phone and internet dad try to change plan to add one more chanle and price were to go up becaser we lost more of discoudn 

It's called threatening to cancel service.  Call Comcast, go straight to the Retention Department.

Shop around first.  

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

1 hour ago, m2234323 said:

You cant do shit. Pay the price they want or settle for less. Comcast upload ranges from 5 Mbps all the way up to 45 Mbps (Only on Gigabit), in my area its 10 Mbps. My only advice is to cut services. We used to have Comcast Internet, Phone and TV. Now we just got internet. We pay $103 a month for 150/10 service, we do get access to Comcast's streaming service, but thats basically 10 channels and HBO. 

Be luck you got FIOS, we only really have Comcast in my area, AT&T refuses to upgrade because of Detroit Metro Airport. We have no other providers AND because we dont have AT&T Fiber or FIOS in the area we now have data caps of 1 TB a month. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

57 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

You cant do shit. Pay the price they want or settle for less. Comcast upload ranges from 5 Mbps all the way up to 45 Mbps (Only on Gigabit), in my area its 10 Mbps. My only advice is to cut services. We used to have Comcast Internet, Phone and TV. Now we just got internet. We pay $103 a month for 150/10 service, we do get access to Comcast's streaming service, but thats basically 10 channels and HBO. 

Be luck you got FIOS, we only really have Comcast in my area, AT&T refuses to upgrade because of Detroit Metro Airport. We have no other providers AND because we dont have AT&T Fiber or FIOS in the area we now have data caps of 1 TB a month. 

we live in pa 

comcast say 60 for 100 download verizon say 40 but we pay 150 my dad try to change tv at all  we can't go dow he tried price went up 

1 minute ago, m2234323 said:

we live in pa 

comcast say 60 for 100 download verizon say 40 but we pay 150 my dad try to change tv at all  we can't go dow he tried price went up 

Your paying the broadcast TV fee, Sports Fee, Box fees, router rental fees, as well as any other BULL shit fees they add. Personally Id drop TV and Phone and just do internet only. Then just use streaming. 

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

Your paying the broadcast TV fee, Sports Fee, Box fees, router rental fees, as well as any other BULL shit fees they add. Personally Id drop TV and Phone and just do internet only. Then just use streaming. 

that is what i am try to say we are old grand farmer  plan and they would not give us new plan or let us remove tv or phone with out increaser the price i am think of going to comcast just internet for 2 year then come back 

1 minute ago, m2234323 said:

that is what i am try to say we are old grand farmer  plan and they would not give us new plan or let us remove tv or phone with out increaser the price i am think of going to comcast just internet for 2 year then come back 

Do it. Verizon will come crawling back to you. Thats what Comcast did when we dumped TV service with them. Just keep in mind Comcast will fuck you with fees as well. My family has been with them for over a decade. Your just lucky because PA is Comcasts home, so no data caps. 

22 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Do it. Verizon will come crawling back to you. Thats what Comcast did when we dumped TV service with them. Just keep in mind Comcast will fuck you with fees as well. My family has been with them for over a decade. Your just lucky because PA is Comcasts home, so no data caps. 

we do need at lease phone would we save by going with a voce over ip  and no going full cellphone will not wokr my famile want a home phone i perfer it to making phone call 

or how to get a good modem for comcast since i wnat to keep using the router we are using it our own 

26 minutes ago, m2234323 said:

we do need at lease phone would we save by going with a voce over ip  and no going full cellphone will not wokr my famile want a home phone i perfer it to making phone call 

or how to get a good modem for comcast since i wnat to keep using the router we are using it our own 

We havent had home phone in like 8 years at my house. Cell phones work fine for us. I cant say for VoIP, never used any service. Comcast digital voice worked well enough when we had it, but if you do voice on Comcast, they make it a lot harder to buy a modem, because you need an eMTA which does Internet and voice. If you choose to use Comcast's gateway your looking at $13-15 a month in rental fees. Comcast has very few retail eMTA's that they will allow on their network. If you dont get one from the list you might find that they will refuse to provision voice services. They are bastards after all. 

As far as modems go for Comcast. Stay away from any modems with the Intel Puma 6 chip. That would be like all the 32x8 Docsis 3.0 modems, dont use them. Id go for a Docsis 16x4 or 24x8 modem if doing Docsis 3.0, if you choose to say FUCK IT and do Docsis 3.1, then any of those modems will work. Of course you will have to find one with Digital voice capabilities if you choose Comcast phone service. 

38 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

We havent had home phone in like 8 years at my house. Cell phones work fine for us. I cant say for VoIP, never used any service. Comcast digital voice worked well enough when we had it, but if you do voice on Comcast, they make it a lot harder to buy a modem, because you need an eMTA which does Internet and voice. If you choose to use Comcast's gateway your looking at $13-15 a month in rental fees. Comcast has very few retail eMTA's that they will allow on their network. If you dont get one from the list you might find that they will refuse to provision voice services. They are bastards after all. 

As far as modems go for Comcast. Stay away from any modems with the Intel Puma 6 chip. That would be like all the 32x8 Docsis 3.0 modems, dont use them. Id go for a Docsis 16x4 or 24x8 modem if doing Docsis 3.0, if you choose to say FUCK IT and do Docsis 3.1, then any of those modems will work. Of course you will have to find one with Digital voice capabilities if you choose Comcast phone service. 

what so bad about 3.1 my mom need it for doctor i think we go with voip  so that mean more modems option 

56 minutes ago, m2234323 said:

what so bad about 3.1 my mom need it for doctor i think we go with voip  so that mean more modems option 

You're in Pennsylvania?  

Also, if you change a plan you can get charged more, depending on the discount you got the first time around.  $150 for a triple bundle is about right.  I assume full HD channels and what pay channels do you have?  Like HBO, Starz, etc?

You may need someone who is a bit more savvy with the American way to call on your behalf as well, you sound like you may be a bit new to America and how we do things.  It's not intuitive or smart but it's navigable if you grew up with it.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

6 minutes ago, jstudrawa said:

You're in Pennsylvania?  

Also, if you change a plan you can get charged more, depending on the discount you got the first time around.  $150 for a triple bundle is about right.  I assume full HD channels and what pay channels do you have?  Like HBO, Starz, etc?

You may need someone who is a bit more savvy with the American way to call on your behalf as well, you sound like you may be a bit new to America and how we do things.  It's not intuitive or smart but it's navigable if you grew up with it.

yes it is quite hig compart what i saw on the site for new peoople i thinke they are doing close to bate and switch  non of them we only get 100 when new people get 10 time for same amout i think the easy way to try to to say to verizon i amgoing to comcast and tell them what rate i would get there

6 hours ago, m2234323 said:

yes it is quite hig compart what i saw on the site for new peoople i thinke they are doing close to bate and switch  non of them we only get 100 when new people get 10 time for same amout i think the easy way to try to to say to verizon i amgoing to comcast and tell them what rate i would get there

To add on to what @jstudrawa was saying. Most people that are fortunate like you and have options for ISP's will do the ISP jump. So basically when a promo runs out at the current ISP they jump to the other provider to get a new promo. Thats the American way I guess. Like I said at least you have options. There are a lot of people here that dont, that only have 1 real ISP. 

2 hours ago, Donut417 said:

To add on to what @jstudrawa was saying. Most people that are fortunate like you and have options for ISP's will do the ISP jump. So basically when a promo runs out at the current ISP they jump to the other provider to get a new promo. Thats the American way I guess. Like I said at least you have options. There are a lot of people here that dont, that only have 1 real ISP. 

what to do if you do the jump and the other isp give you the same plan and price that you had 2 year ago when you had them