Mouse: 2.4G v Bluetooth

Go to solution Solved by Corsair Nick,

Perfect, so if you're looking to get the most battery life, I would use the Bluetooth connection for daily use.  You should get around the same hours of usage mentioned above.  If you have any other questions, let me know and I can help you out.

I recently got a new wireless mouse from corsair. It has an option for 2.4G as well as Bluetooth. I was wondering which would offer the best battery life for the mouse, as I mostly play single player games and therefore would prefer battery life over the best latency. I tried using the ever-trusty Google, but did not find much that would help.

If anyone knows more about this, I would appreciate learning a thing or two about the differences.

Thanks.

2.4g is best option in all ways (from my understanding), but you can then use bluetooth for things that dont supprt the 2.4g dongle (i mean then w/ bluetooth, you can use a mouse on your phone for example). 

This entirely depends on Corsair's implementation of RF transmission.  The difference should be fairly negligible and the best way to know is to test it yourself.

7 minutes ago, Saksham said:

2.4g is best option in all ways

Bluetooth is a 2.4GHz standard.  It was created so that devices would be easily compatible with each other.  However, companies can implement their own method if they want to or need to.

On 3/14/2019 at 11:18 AM, cmm093 said:

I recently got a new wireless mouse from corsair. It has an option for 2.4G as well as Bluetooth. I was wondering which would offer the best battery life for the mouse, as I mostly play single player games and therefore would prefer battery life over the best latency. I tried using the ever-trusty Google, but did not find much that would help.

If anyone knows more about this, I would appreciate learning a thing or two about the differences.

Thanks.

Which Corsair wireless mouse did you purchase?  For example there is a notable difference on the Harpoon Wireless in battery life when using Bluetooth vs 2.4ghz, up to 60hrs vs 30hrs respectively.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

17 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

Which Corsair wireless mouse did you purchase?  For example there is a notable difference on the Harpoon Wireless in battery life when using Bluetooth vs 2.4ghz, up to 60hrs vs 30hrs respectively.

I purchased the Harpoon. 

Perfect, so if you're looking to get the most battery life, I would use the Bluetooth connection for daily use.  You should get around the same hours of usage mentioned above.  If you have any other questions, let me know and I can help you out.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/