Mobile Kepler support to end by April and Killing 3D Vision

On the bright side, I'm on a GTX 970M so I still get updates:
On the down side, it seems like updates after 400 seems to have cause performance issues. I heard from some people that some graphic calculations are moved back to the CPU after version 400.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

13 hours ago, Hellion said:

Just because it's the newest shiny toy doesn't mean it's not still a dumb gimmick with a high cost of adoption with little to no benefit for most consumers.

Better visuals and more natural lighting  is not a gimmick

With your logic ips or 4k res is a gimmick

And everyone that buys higher hz, higher res, color accurate, viewing angle monitors  are obviously looking for better visuals

Early adoption always had its fees

On 3/15/2019 at 5:40 AM, BuckGup said:

Ask the people with multi thousand dollar 3D TVs. Oh wait

We used it once, It wasn't really ever used

✨FNIGE✨

8 hours ago, pas008 said:

Better visuals and more natural lighting  is not a gimmick

With your logic ips or 4k res is a gimmick

And everyone that buys higher hz, higher res, color accurate, viewing angle monitors  are obviously looking for better visuals

Early adoption always had its fees

Other than 4k these are extremely poor comparisons because the others are outliers with actual tangible benefits.

According to many of the hardware surveys I have seen, the most common graphics cards for those that play games fall into the 1050-1060 range. No one playing with this level of performance is willing to sacrifice a 50-60% frame rate reduction for an entirely subjective "better" image.

Hell, the indoor scenes of the newest metro game with ray tracing on actually look severely worse and less realistic to many.

It's a complete gimmick so nvidia would have something to put their name on. Just as ridiculous as the idiots posting "FIRST" on every video. Exactly the same mentality.

What does windows 10 and ET have in common?

They are both constantly trying to phone home.

7 hours ago, Hellion said:

Other than 4k these are extremely poor comparisons because the others are outliers with actual tangible benefits.

According to many of the hardware surveys I have seen, the most common graphics cards for those that play games fall into the 1050-1060 range. No one playing with this level of performance is willing to sacrifice a 50-60% frame rate reduction for an entirely subjective "better" image.

Hell, the indoor scenes of the newest metro game with ray tracing on actually look severely worse and less realistic to many.

It's a complete gimmick so nvidia would have something to put their name on. Just as ridiculous as the idiots posting "FIRST" on every video. Exactly the same mentality.

exactly its all subjective, you may not like it but others obviously do hence 4k, high hz, ips, etc all sell

and you can visually see the difference

and when you say no one is playing games with graphical tweaks that result in frame reduction is bullshit

quick examples lol

fallout mods

skyrim mods

crysis mods

shall i continue to list more games people mod graphically that does result in fps reductions?

so its obviously not a gimmick, and you are judging a book by its first few pages

I can see the difference and many others do, we all just waiting to see the progress

besides sitting and posting like negative nancy

fyi rt has been around for long time

with your mentality

no one should push the envelope everything is fine lets just stagnate

and while we at it give the devs more and more work on each lighting scene to make it look just good enough lol

On 3/18/2019 at 5:40 AM, pas008 said:

exactly its all subjective, you may not like it but others obviously do hence 4k, high hz, ips, etc all sell

and you can visually see the difference

and when you say no one is playing games with graphical tweaks that result in frame reduction is bullshit

quick examples lol

fallout mods

skyrim mods

crysis mods

shall i continue to list more games people mod graphically that does result in fps reductions?

so its obviously not a gimmick, and you are judging a book by its first few pages

I can see the difference and many others do, we all just waiting to see the progress

besides sitting and posting like negative nancy

fyi rt has been around for long time

with your mentality

no one should push the envelope everything is fine lets just stagnate

and while we at it give the devs more and more work on each lighting scene to make it look just good enough lol

Again, other then 4k which my opinion is well documented here for panels under 32 inches, the rest actually have measurable benefits.

Not sure what the rest of your tangent is about but strawman arguments make me yawn...

What does windows 10 and ET have in common?

They are both constantly trying to phone home.

3 hours ago, Hellion said:

Again, other then 4k which my opinion is well documented here for panels under 32 inches, the rest actually have measurable benefits.

Not sure what the rest of your tangent is about but strawman arguments make me yawn...

Exactly 

Numerous rt shit keeps happening and many noticing/commenting/impressed/etc with the visual difference

But its a gimmick lol

Enough said