Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP
Link to post
Share on other sites

with all these expensive parts i would go with a gold rated PSU as well of the same wattage.

Will also get a better cooler for the CPU.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks okay, but Windows isn't needed. You can get a pretty good quality PSU with the money from the windows saved


Despite me bringing in 3D XPoint into stupid shit, I am indeed not paid by Intel to advertise 3D XPoint

Ryzen 5 1500X 4GHz/1.4V, 8GB DDR4, RX 570, Corsair 88R, 1TB HDD, 240GB SSD, Corsair 88R

1500X idle temperature: 40C 

1500X load temperature (OCCT AVX 64bit all cores/Prime95 1h sustained) : 80C

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, truckerlenny said:

That is a bad choice in cooling especially for an i7-9700K. Surely you can go for something a bit more premium such as a be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4?


S E O Z

Custom Build Log  Arctic Freezer 33 eSports One Review  i5-8600K 5.3GHz CPU-Z Validation  Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Perspective

 

 

Main PC:

CPU: i5-8600K 4.7GHz Cooler: Arctic 33 eSports One Motherboard: Asus Prime Z370-P RAM: 16GB Corsair LPX DDR4-3000 GPU: Asus GTX 1060 3GB Storage: 500GB Crucial P1 + 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD PSU: Corsair CX450M Case: NZXT S340

Keyboard: EagleTec KG011 Mouse: Logitech G305 Monitor: LG 29WK600 Sound: Audio-Technica ATH-M50x

 

Brother:

CPU: Ryzen 2200G 3.5GHz Cooler: AMD Wraith Stealth Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4 RAM: 8GB Patriot Viper 4 DDR4-3000 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Storage: Integral V2 250GB SSD PSU: BQ PP 10 400W Case: DeepCool Frame

Keyboard: Redragon K552 Mouse: Corsair Sabre RGB Monitor: AOC E2270SWHN + Acer KG221Q Sound: Earbuds

 

Asus ZenBook UX410-UA:

CPU: i3-8130U 2.2GHz RAM: 12GB DDR4-2400 GPU: Intel UHD 620 Storage: 256GB SK Hynix M.2 SATA SSD Screen: 14" 1920x1080p IPS

Link to post
Share on other sites

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - MSI GTX 650 - some 7200RPM SATA II thing - Ubuntu (at the moment)

 

Feel free to critique my website. I am but a young entrepreneur.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
19 hours ago, Happycowdance said:

i didnt do 12 gb of ram i did 2 sticks of corsair 8 gb meaning same thing i dont order from newegg due to the outrageous pricing for shipping. as for windows how do you suggest i have a operating system without always having that watermark at the bottom of the screen. also from my knowledge that z390 board you used doesnt have wifi build in

 

19 hours ago, Drunk.EU said:

with all these expensive parts i would go with a gold rated PSU as well of the same wattage.

Will also get a better cooler for the CPU.

gold rated psu means more money better cpu cooler means more money i am trying to stick within 2000 dollars including all shipping costs and taxes

 

19 hours ago, fasauceome said:

memory express maybe cheaper but charges much more for shipping. i didnt go with the m.2 ssd because i wanted nvme support not just SSD as for psu i dont know much about Seasonic so i will have to do some research. the rtx 2060 is not that cheap from a place from any other store other than vuugo which i then have to pay other fees to get which is why i stuck with a 1660 ti. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, truckerlenny said:

gold rated psu means more money better cpu cooler means more money i am trying to stick within 2000 dollars including all shipping costs and taxes

I got a Rosewill lepton 500W 80+ Gold for $50 USD or $66 CAD. Thats 6 more dollars than the one you have.


Ready

0 print "fartz"

10 goto 0

fartz

fartz

fartz

fartz

fartz

fartz

fartz

fartz

fartz

fartz

fartz

fartz

Ctrl-break

Ready.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, LukeTheCoder05 said:

I got a Rosewill lepton 500W 80+ Gold for $50 USD or $66 CAD. Thats 6 more dollars than the one you have.

when checking currently for the rosewill it is now 79.99 which is 20 bucks more than i have intended

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, truckerlenny said:

memory express maybe cheaper but charges much more for shipping. i didnt go with the m.2 ssd because i wanted nvme support not just SSD as for psu i dont know much about Seasonic so i will have to do some research. the rtx 2060 is not that cheap from a place from any other store other than vuugo which i then have to pay other fees to get which is why i stuck with a 1660 ti. 

If you're only gaming on the PC NVMe is useless to you. Do you have another use case?


I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - MSI GTX 650 - some 7200RPM SATA II thing - Ubuntu (at the moment)

 

Feel free to critique my website. I am but a young entrepreneur.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, fasauceome said:

If you're only gaming on the PC NVMe is useless to you. Do you have another use case?

lol i dont even game lol i just want to shall i dare say it "future proof" which nvme is the new fastest thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, truckerlenny said:

3 sticks of RAM is not a good use of money, and the people talking about windows being cheaper are I assume saying that you can just buy a windows key off ebay for about 7 bucks. No one on here outright says it but Im betting that's an option.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Ravendarat said:

3 sticks of RAM is not a good use of money, and the people talking about windows being cheaper are I assume saying that you can just buy a windows key off ebay for about 7 bucks. No one on here outright says it but Im betting that's an option.

i dont trust ebay to buy anything and never will. i think i will justify within myself for that extra cost. as for 3 sticks of ram i had meant to only put 2 8 gb sticks into it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, truckerlenny said:

i dont trust ebay to buy anything and never will. i think i will justify within myself for that extra cost. as for 3 sticks of ram i had meant to only put 2 8 gb sticks into it. 

That makes more sense than, that's why the other guy said 12 gigs of ram, he must have read it as 3 sticks of 4 gb or is just having a bad math day lol. As for not trusting ebay, I understand your reservations, im guessing some people just figure its worth the 7-10 dollar risk as opposed to spending 124$. Also you didn't mention, do you have a monitor and other peripherals already? And you said you aren't using this for gaming right now, what are your actual uses? Might be easier to build a system in your budget with those answers, who know, maybe you're better suited for a Ryzen set up in which case all of this can change

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, truckerlenny said:

i dont trust ebay to buy anything and never will. i think i will justify within myself for that extra cost. as for 3 sticks of ram i had meant to only put 2 8 gb sticks into it. 

Well there you go, if you take out the third stick of ram that should be able to make up for the better cooler and PSU.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 hours ago, celerystruct said:

Well there you go, if you take out the third stick of ram that should be able to make up for the better cooler and PSU.

actually at the original $1834 i was originally over budget which is why i was asking how i could make it better without losing anything or costing me any more

Link to post
Share on other sites

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($529.99 @ Memory Express) 
CPU Cooler: Reeven - Justice 82.1 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($54.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($259.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($64.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($64.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Storage: Kingston - UV500 480 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($81.50 @ shopRBC) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.95 @ Vuugo) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB GAMING Video Card  ($464.00 @ Canada Computers) 
Case: Corsair - Carbide Series 275R (Black w/Tempered Glass) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($83.99 @ Powertop) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($128.50 @ Vuugo) 
Total: $1841.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-14 22:34 EDT-0400


CPU: Intel i7-4870HQ Heatsink: Coolermaster TPC 812 GPU: Zotac GTX 1070ti Mini RAM: Geil DDR3 2x8GB Evo Potenza 2400Mhz mobo: MSI B85-IE35 case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($529.99 @ Memory Express) 
CPU Cooler: Reeven - Justice 82.1 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($54.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($259.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($64.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($64.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Storage: Kingston - UV500 480 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($81.50 @ shopRBC) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.95 @ Vuugo) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB GAMING Video Card  ($464.00 @ Canada Computers) 
Case: Corsair - Carbide Series 275R (Black w/Tempered Glass) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($83.99 @ Powertop) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($128.50 @ Vuugo) 
Total: $1841.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-14 22:34 EDT-0400

ive already stated issues with changing to parts that you suggested

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, truckerlenny said:

ive already stated issues with changing to parts that you suggested

if it's money you're worried about, get a cheaper case. if it's Nvme, the faster loading times isn't gonna make it anymore 'futureproof' than a sata ssd. if it's wifi, the board already has it.


CPU: Intel i7-4870HQ Heatsink: Coolermaster TPC 812 GPU: Zotac GTX 1070ti Mini RAM: Geil DDR3 2x8GB Evo Potenza 2400Mhz mobo: MSI B85-IE35 case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, truckerlenny said:

ive already stated issues with changing to parts that you suggested

And he's already stated solutions. Why do you even ask here? We're not a rubber stamp organization, we're here to help people get more for their money.


I like PSUs for some odd reason. Feel free to ask me about PSU questions.

 

Helios EVO: Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | Sapphire AMD RX VEGA 64 | Define C TG | Corsair CX550M | Cooler Master Hyper 212 BLACK RGB

 

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List 3.0 | Don't buy the S12II/M12II | Avoid the EVGA G3

 

Quick PSU Whitelist: Cooler Master MasterWatt/V/MasterWatt Maker/MIJ, EVGA x2/xQ bar BQ, All Corsair grey units bar VS and HXi/AXi, All SeaSonic bar M12II series/ECO, Thermaltake Toughpower line/iRGB +

 

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, truckerlenny said:

actually at the original $1834 i was originally over budget which is why i was asking how i could make it better without losing anything or costing me any more

Didn't you write on your original post that your budget was $2000?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
23 hours ago, LienusLateTips said:

And he's already stated solutions. Why do you even ask here? We're not a rubber stamp organization, we're here to help people get more for their money.

i asked to fix problems maybe to improve things not make it worse and cause more problems

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×