PC Build

It looks like a clean build.

Only thing I would look into, is getting either 2 or 4 sticks of RAM, IDK if you can use just 3

i7 6700k, GTX 1080, Crucial MX 300, Maximus VII Hero, WD Blue, 16 GB RAM

with all these expensive parts i would go with a gold rated PSU as well of the same wattage.

Will also get a better cooler for the CPU.

Looks okay, but Windows isn't needed. You can get a pretty good quality PSU with the money from the windows saved

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

Bronze PSUs arent really that bad, but I do agree, if you have a 9700k

i7 6700k, GTX 1080, Crucial MX 300, Maximus VII Hero, WD Blue, 16 GB RAM

8 minutes ago, truckerlenny said:

That is a bad choice in cooling especially for an i7-9700K. Surely you can go for something a bit more premium such as a be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4?

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

19 hours ago, Happycowdance said:

i didnt do 12 gb of ram i did 2 sticks of corsair 8 gb meaning same thing i dont order from newegg due to the outrageous pricing for shipping. as for windows how do you suggest i have a operating system without always having that watermark at the bottom of the screen. also from my knowledge that z390 board you used doesnt have wifi build in

19 hours ago, Drunk.EU said:

with all these expensive parts i would go with a gold rated PSU as well of the same wattage.

Will also get a better cooler for the CPU.

gold rated psu means more money better cpu cooler means more money i am trying to stick within 2000 dollars including all shipping costs and taxes

19 hours ago, fasauceome said:

memory express maybe cheaper but charges much more for shipping. i didnt go with the m.2 ssd because i wanted nvme support not just SSD as for psu i dont know much about Seasonic so i will have to do some research. the rtx 2060 is not that cheap from a place from any other store other than vuugo which i then have to pay other fees to get which is why i stuck with a 1660 ti. 

3 minutes ago, truckerlenny said:

gold rated psu means more money better cpu cooler means more money i am trying to stick within 2000 dollars including all shipping costs and taxes

I got a Rosewill lepton 500W 80+ Gold for $50 USD or $66 CAD. Thats 6 more dollars than the one you have.

I'm gonna go find my own tech support...

with BLACKJACK and HOOKERS!

(Welcome to LTT Forums)

3 minutes ago, LukeTheCoder05 said:

I got a Rosewill lepton 500W 80+ Gold for $50 USD or $66 CAD. Thats 6 more dollars than the one you have.

when checking currently for the rosewill it is now 79.99 which is 20 bucks more than i have intended

2 minutes ago, truckerlenny said:

memory express maybe cheaper but charges much more for shipping. i didnt go with the m.2 ssd because i wanted nvme support not just SSD as for psu i dont know much about Seasonic so i will have to do some research. the rtx 2060 is not that cheap from a place from any other store other than vuugo which i then have to pay other fees to get which is why i stuck with a 1660 ti. 

If you're only gaming on the PC NVMe is useless to you. Do you have another use case?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

If you're only gaming on the PC NVMe is useless to you. Do you have another use case?

lol i dont even game lol i just want to shall i dare say it "future proof" which nvme is the new fastest thing.

1 hour ago, truckerlenny said:

3 sticks of RAM is not a good use of money, and the people talking about windows being cheaper are I assume saying that you can just buy a windows key off ebay for about 7 bucks. No one on here outright says it but Im betting that's an option.

Just now, Ravendarat said:

3 sticks of RAM is not a good use of money, and the people talking about windows being cheaper are I assume saying that you can just buy a windows key off ebay for about 7 bucks. No one on here outright says it but Im betting that's an option.

i dont trust ebay to buy anything and never will. i think i will justify within myself for that extra cost. as for 3 sticks of ram i had meant to only put 2 8 gb sticks into it. 

Just now, truckerlenny said:

i dont trust ebay to buy anything and never will. i think i will justify within myself for that extra cost. as for 3 sticks of ram i had meant to only put 2 8 gb sticks into it. 

That makes more sense than, that's why the other guy said 12 gigs of ram, he must have read it as 3 sticks of 4 gb or is just having a bad math day lol. As for not trusting ebay, I understand your reservations, im guessing some people just figure its worth the 7-10 dollar risk as opposed to spending 124$. Also you didn't mention, do you have a monitor and other peripherals already? And you said you aren't using this for gaming right now, what are your actual uses? Might be easier to build a system in your budget with those answers, who know, maybe you're better suited for a Ryzen set up in which case all of this can change

3 hours ago, truckerlenny said:

Well there you go, if you take out the third stick of ram that should be able to make up for the better cooler and PSU.

5 hours ago, celerystruct said:

Well there you go, if you take out the third stick of ram that should be able to make up for the better cooler and PSU.

actually at the original $1834 i was originally over budget which is why i was asking how i could make it better without losing anything or costing me any more

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($529.99 @ Memory Express) 
CPU Cooler: Reeven - Justice 82.1 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($54.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($259.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($64.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($64.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Storage: Kingston - UV500 480 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($81.50 @ shopRBC) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.95 @ Vuugo) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB GAMING Video Card  ($464.00 @ Canada Computers) 
Case: Corsair - Carbide Series 275R (Black w/Tempered Glass) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($83.99 @ Powertop) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($128.50 @ Vuugo) 
Total: $1841.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-14 22:34 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

2 hours ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($529.99 @ Memory Express) 
CPU Cooler: Reeven - Justice 82.1 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($54.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($259.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Storage: Kingston - UV500 480 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($81.50 @ shopRBC) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.95 @ Vuugo) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB GAMING Video Card  ($464.00 @ Canada Computers) 
Case: Corsair - Carbide Series 275R (Black w/Tempered Glass) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($83.99 @ Powertop) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($128.50 @ Vuugo) 
Total: $1841.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-14 22:34 EDT-0400

ive already stated issues with changing to parts that you suggested

2 minutes ago, truckerlenny said:

if it's money you're worried about, get a cheaper case. if it's Nvme, the faster loading times isn't gonna make it anymore 'futureproof' than a sata ssd. if it's wifi, the board already has it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

29 minutes ago, truckerlenny said:

And he's already stated solutions. Why do you even ask here? We're not a rubber stamp organization, we're here to help people get more for their money.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

13 hours ago, truckerlenny said:

actually at the original $1834 i was originally over budget which is why i was asking how i could make it better without losing anything or costing me any more

Didn't you write on your original post that your budget was $2000?

12 hours ago, celerystruct said:

Didn't you write on your original post that your budget was $2000?

1834 plus tax is over budget

23 hours ago, LienusLateTips said:

And he's already stated solutions. Why do you even ask here? We're not a rubber stamp organization, we're here to help people get more for their money.

i asked to fix problems maybe to improve things not make it worse and cause more problems