EdgeRouterX remote manage

LovesLaus

I am rather new to the EdgeRouterX for Unquiti ( new to all these enterprise like settings and gear). Just tired of the commercial networking equipment. What I wanted to ask if there is a way to remote connect directly to the router? What I am doing so far is remoting to a computer that is on the network, and then managing the router from there. But I did a change before and I lost connect to my entire network, also means that I have no way to monitor my security camera. I will be away for a few days. Previously I was able to connect to my Linksys 3200 ACM via the linksys account to make changes. So if anyone can provide any assistant that will be great.

@wojtepanik - isnt the clould key only for the Unifi stuff??? I have a cloud controller setup already on a computer that Is connected to the router. but i am not able to connect to the controller software, and everything after the router has lost network, and i am unable to see any devices. 

vpn - do you know how to set that up direct only to the router???

@Falconevo - Yea I saw that post, probably should of posted there as well. I tried to follow those steps, but I still wasn't able to get it to work

7 minutes ago, LovesLaus said:

@Falconevo - Yea I saw that post, probably should of posted there as well. I tried to follow those steps, but I still wasn't able to get it to work

If you have any NAT/Port forward in place for 80 or 443 then it won't work as the NAT takes priority over WAN_local

Please quote or tag me if you need a reply

@Falconevo - i dont think i have anything setup. all i done so far on the router, was the initial wan setup, and changing the ip address of eth00. that was when i got knocked off the router when i was remoting in. which i am also confused about, since the computer i was connected with was on a different ip address all together. all these new settings are exciting and confusing all the same time.

4 minutes ago, LovesLaus said:

@Falconevo - i dont think i have anything setup. all i done so far on the router, was the initial wan setup, and changing the ip address of eth00. that was when i got knocked off the router when i was remoting in. which i am also confused about, since the computer i was connected with was on a different ip address all together. all these new settings are exciting and confusing all the same time.

How are you using the device, do you want to have a WAN port then use the other 4 ports as LAN ports all for the same LAN?

The Edgerouter-X isn't a very user friendly device as it is designed for prosumers really who know about about network config.

Do you currently have LAN access to GUI/Web portal of the device?

Please quote or tag me if you need a reply

@Falconevo - yea i understand that it prosumers, which I don't mind, as I will need to eventually need to understand as well.

Router right now - 

eth0 - was 192.168.1.1 - this was the original port i used to connect and setup the router

eth1 - WAN port

eth 2-4 - connecting to my devices

i remoted to my router and changed the eth0 port to 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.2.10 ( which was not used by any device, and then the router dropped my network connection to the computer i was connecting to. so i just like to for the future to connect directly to my router in case something like this happens, at least this way i maybe able to resolve the issue instead of waiting to get home from work

going to eventually setup a VLan for all my networked devices as well

I recomend you to port forward ssh to your edgerouter and use an ssh tunnel or use UNMS