Another navi leak

LukeSavenije
1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

Also, the reason AMD is switching from HBM2 to GDDR6 is cost concerns for the gamer.  Navi is designed for gamers, not professionals.  HBM2 benefits people more like me than a common gamer.  I do a lot of rendering with Blender and Maya, and HBM2 is wonderful for that.  So, I don't mind the extra cost.  HBM memory is actually more of a thing on professional cards.  I'd assume HBM is only going to be dead on cards aimed at gamers, not for professionals.

Yes but the cost is a result of AMD overestimating how much the price would drop, and part of that was the appearance of GDDR5x and 6, that offered an alternative where before there wasn't one.

Also absolutely on professional cards. NVIDIA even used it on a last gen pro card.

On 3/18/2019 at 1:40 AM, Neftex said:

it trades blows on a smaller node with 2 years old card . i said its pointless for gamers exactly for the reason that in other tasks it might be good choice. but we are not talking about those workloads here, are we? you need to stop fanboying over amd my friend

again, all im saying is that releasing navi 2-3 months later than zen2 will for sure lose them sales. im not demanding from them to release it at the same time, ill just buy whats available when i get my zen2 parts

Do you think AMD cares about a fool on a forum howling about entitlements?

You've already stated that you're going to buy Ryzen 2 without any benchmarks. I'm sure that's already a win in their book while you go team green and pay for hardware you'll most likely never use.

What does windows 10 and ET have in common?

They are both constantly trying to phone home.

11 hours ago, Hellion said:

Do you think AMD cares about a fool on a forum howling about entitlements?

You've already stated that you're going to buy Ryzen 2 without any benchmarks. I'm sure that's already a win in their book while you go team green and pay for hardware you'll most likely never use.

dude youre lost case, as i said im not demanding them to release it. it just makes more sense to do so, because all the people who will be building at the time, would have something to consider from amd. if navi isnt out and nvidia is winning in price/performance (like they are now) then pretty much every pc builder will buy nvidia and amd will lose sale.

instead of calling me entitled you should come up with the reason why you think what i say (amd will lose sales) isnt true...

at no point have i said im not going to look at benchmarks... from other posts its clear i care about price/performace...

this is what i said:

"im probably building zen2 pc as soon as its out"

im done talking to you, youre just fanboying over amd

MSI GX660 + i7 920XM @ 2.8GHz + GTX 970M + Samsung SSD 830 256GB