Another navi leak

LukeSavenije

Sources: wccftech, OC3D, @valdyrgramr

many rumors already have indicated that AMD's Navi would launch this year, but when is still rumored. And I found another one to add to the list. Navi would lauch around a month after zen2/3rd gen ryzen. Speculated is around August, which is around Siggraph and Gamescom 2019.

As a gaming-focused product, a Navi launch at Gamescom makes a lot of sense, though it is possible that AMD will have short tech demos for Navi before this time, perhaps giving us an early showing of the architecture at Computex or E3.

This report comes from Wccftech, who had accurately reported on Mike Rayfield's departure from AMD before its official announcement and accurately reported on the Radeon VII before the product's reveal. Navi is expected to be a major departure from AMD's older GCN-based graphics products, though at this time it is unknown exactly what the architecture will feature. 

Early roadmaps for Navi reference both "scalability" and "next-gen memory". This likely references how AMD plans to scale into the high-end of the graphics market with the architecture and plan to use modern GDDR6 memory. 

Some rumors previously had suggested an October launch, but as of now, AMD is telling its partners to expect the launch exactly a month after the Ryzen 7nm launch. Those who read my original exclusive will remember that I talked about how Navi is going to be the first non-GCN GPU and the first card to break free of the 4096 SP limit imposed by the GCN macro-architecture.

is is true or another useless rumor? I don't even know anymore

well that kinda sucks, would be better move to release same time as zen2. so people who build new pc can get both amd cpu and gpu at the same time. im probably building zen2 pc as soon as its out but if theres no navi gpu by then, im not gonna wait and buy nvidia right away

MSI GX660 + i7 920XM @ 2.8GHz + GTX 970M + Samsung SSD 830 256GB

Chiplets on GPU?

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

5 minutes ago, Neftex said:

well that kinda sucks, would be better move to release same time as zen2. so people who build new pc can get both amd cpu and gpu at the same time. im probably building zen2 pc as soon as its out but if theres no navi gpu by then, im not gonna wait and buy nvidia right away

it would from one side

but from the other side, if they do the same as last time with the hype, they get a lot of views on it

Departure from GCN yet it's said that it's the last of it hmm. Maybe they found a way to go beyond GCN SP limit yet just a modified architecture. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

1 minute ago, Doobeedoo said:

Departure from GCN yet it's said that it's the last of it hmm. Maybe they found a way to go beyond GCN SP limit yet just a modified architecture. 

consensis is that they made the SPs "longer" instead of making them wider, aswell as working on the backend a bit. 

its still GCN, but quite a step different than Polaris. 

any chiplet design is still at least 2 years away (minimum) imo. 

3 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

consensis is that they made the SPs "longer" instead of making them wider, aswell as working on the backend a bit. 

Aha, I would also take it it's quite a step different then Vega too then. They're planning to replace Polaris tier first so Vega tier replace after. 

Radeon VII got quite a good boost mainly just from 7nm though. Navi will be 7nm and also newer architectural approach as well. I'm just thinking how much faster the full fat Navi chip could be vs Radeon VII heh. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Just now, Doobeedoo said:

They're planning to replace Polaris tier first so Vega tier replace after. 

big navi is apperantly next year. this year its small navi. Vega is apperantly sticking around as a compute card, though idk how this will affect the compute performance of Navi in tasks where the Vega is proficient. 

Arcturus is probably 2021 at the earliest. and dempending on what they do with navi, i wouldnt be surprised to see it early/late 2022

18 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

big navi is apperantly next year. this year its small navi. Vega is apperantly sticking around as a compute card, though idk how this will affect the compute performance of Navi in tasks where the Vega is proficient. 

Arcturus is probably 2021 at the earliest. and dempending on what they do with navi, i wouldnt be surprised to see it early/late 2022

Hm big Navi next year does sound bit far though. The mid range one will probably use GDDR6 so high end one HBM2/3 for it. 

Arcturus is the more exciting one really. But yeah that timeframe for it looks possible. 

Chances are the high end navi card will beat the RTX 2080ti by a fair margin. AMD have been making bets. If they are betting men (or women in Lisa Su's case!) then they know Nvidia is going to rush out their 7nm product, possibly 7nm turing. They know that will slaughter navi. So I'm expecting the high end flagship of navi to BEAT the 2080ti by 10 or 15% to try and combat that situation. Cause otherwise Nvidia will drop the bomb of 7nm without competition and get a full-on dominant market share.

I'm predicting Navi will be truly amazing. It HAS to be, or else they will be dead in the gpu market for a few years. Navi is CRUCIAL and that's coming from a huge AMD fan here. What's most impressive of all about Navi though will be the power consumption. This is going to be more efficient than Turing (That was definitely one of Turing's weak points)

16 minutes ago, MeatFeastMan said:

Chances are the high end navi card will beat the RTX 2080ti by a fair margin. AMD have been making bets. If they are betting men (or women in Lisa Su's case!) then they know Nvidia is going to rush out their 7nm product, possibly 7nm turing. They know that will slaughter navi. So I'm expecting the high end flagship of navi to BEAT the 2080ti by 10 or 15% to try and combat that situation. Cause otherwise Nvidia will drop the bomb of 7nm without competition and get a full-on dominant market share.

I'm predicting Navi will be truly amazing. It HAS to be, or else they will be dead in the gpu market for a few years. Navi is CRUCIAL and that's coming from a huge AMD fan here. What's most impressive of all about Navi though will be the power consumption. This is going to be more efficient than Turing (That was definitely one of Turing's weak points)

hahahahahahaah oh man, thats a nice fantasy you living in. Firstly nvidia literally already hold the full-on dominant market share as you put it, currently its above 80% nvidia. Thats nothing except dominant. I used to be an AMD fan like you, but i realized their GPU division has been dead in the water for many many years, their cpus tho i will most likely be buying if the leaks are accurate with close to 5ghz and a crap ton of cores AT A competitive price omg sign me tf up!

1 minute ago, Zeeus said:

hahahahahahaah oh man, thats a nice fantasy you living in. Firstly nvidia literally already hold the full-on dominant market share as you put it, currently its above 80% nvidia. Thats nothing except dominant. I used to be an AMD fan like you, but i realized their GPU division has been dead in the water for many many years, their cpus tho i will most likely be buying if the leaks are accurate with close to 5ghz and a crap ton of cores AT A competitive price omg sign me tf up!

i don't care who it makes

intel, amd, nvidia. just gimme dem nice hardware

that's how i think everyone should do

5 hours ago, Neftex said:

Could you be any more entitled?

AMD is not going to rush a launch to meet your fabricated time frame. People already whined saying Radeon 7 was "rushed" when the drivers were fixed by the time it was available to the public. I can only imagine the backlash that would occur if they released it months earlier because one guy was going to by nvidia instead...

I also wouldn't recommend planning to buy anything in advance until you see benchmarks. Navi could be a massive flop for all we know.

What does windows 10 and ET have in common?

They are both constantly trying to phone home.

1 hour ago, Doobeedoo said:

Hm big Navi next year does sound bit far though. The mid range one will probably use GDDR6 so high end one HBM2/3 for it. 

Arcturus is the more exciting one really. But yeah that timeframe for it looks possible. 

They've said no HMB on Navi. That was really the entire point of Navi, to get away from HBM. That dosen;t mean it won't come back in a few generations if GDDR starts hitting a performance or capacity wall. But if that happens NVIDIA will switch to mainstream HBM too.

1 hour ago, MeatFeastMan said:

I think your being waaaay optimistic. Navi is a significant improvement on preceding architecture by AMD by all accounts and that should offer it enormous advantages. But if Big Navi was going to walk all over the 2080Ti that hard, then small Navi would be matching it and we know that isn't going to be the case. Big Navi is meant to be a significant step up over little Navi, not a full generation ahead.

2 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

Chiplet isn't happening period. Amd explicitly said that given current setups of the way GPU's work it would be extremly difficult to make work, i don't pretend to understand why but they've said they've no plans for it. That means nothing in development, and development schedules go waaay ahead so where looking at more like 5 years minimum.

Another leak?? Damn, did it leak a lot it lost power? They should hire a plumber.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

6 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

Another leak?? Damn, did it leak a lot it lost power? They should hire a plumber.

LOL :D  But IMO I wouldn't consider a wccftech article a leak.

12 minutes ago, Hellion said:

AMD is not going to rush a launch to meet your fabricated time frame. People already whined saying Radeon 7 was "rushed" when the drivers were fixed by the time it was available to the public. I can only imagine the backlash that would occur if they released it months earlier because one guy was going to by nvidia instead...

I also wouldn't recommend planning to buy anything in advance until you see benchmarks. Navi could be a massive flop for all we know.

No one is entitled for wanting AMD to have something that competes. Although the Radeon 7 was clearly rushed when reviewers had to use buggy test drivers,and with the cards not having UEFI support at launch.

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

image.png.aa4df42c954752937ea35e0071ed7efe.png

Wait...am I seeing 3 hands??

DAC/AMPs:

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

1 minute ago, Blademaster91 said:

Whenever WCCFTech releases a news article about nVidia, Intel and AMD, I simply skip the article and read the comments.

They've got the most creative gifs, images and more of the shitposting :D They are too hilarious.

DAC/AMPs:

16 minutes ago, CarlBar said:

They've said no HMB on Navi. That was really the entire point of Navi, to get away from HBM. That dosen;t mean it won't come back in a few generations if GDDR starts hitting a performance or capacity wall. But if that happens NVIDIA will switch to mainstream HBM too.

Yeah, for the mid-range part, nothing was said about higher end chip, which is the one that HBM2 would only make sense really. Though, just from more architectural improvements, the so called big Navi should be faster by a good margin compared to Radeon VII for example. 

52 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

No one is entitled for wanting AMD to have something that competes. Although the Radeon 7 was clearly rushed when reviewers had to use buggy test drivers,and with the cards not having UEFI support at launch.

Sorry bud but when you cry that a product with no confirmed release date, based only on rumors is not available when you want it, that's the definition of entitled.

You're also missing my point. I'm not saying Radeon 7 wasn't rushed. The point I'm making is that it was rushed by about 2 weeks. Imagine that multiplied several times because one guy is threatening to buy nvidia instead....

What does windows 10 and ET have in common?

They are both constantly trying to phone home.

4 hours ago, CarlBar said:

Chiplet isn't happening period. Amd explicitly said that given current setups of the way GPU's work it would be extremly difficult to make work, i don't pretend to understand why but they've said they've no plans for it. That means nothing in development, and development schedules go waaay ahead so where looking at more like 5 years minimum.

Wasnt it that they had no plans for chiplet GPUs for consumers, but they did have it for some server cards? (As some tasks on servers are different and therefore it can work with some type of tasks?)

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

3 hours ago, Hellion said:

radeon 7 would still be meh card for gamers even if it wasnt rushed, thats also why they didnt make ton of supply of it.

just saying what makes sense, people will be building new pcs with zen2 coming out and they will need a gpu. with navi nowhere and nvidia beating other amd offers with price/performance it might hurt them quite a lot

MSI GX660 + i7 920XM @ 2.8GHz + GTX 970M + Samsung SSD 830 256GB