VPN, but google knows?!

So, this may seem like a really stupid question . 

I'm new to VPN's, Bought one today (Using the LMG link of course!) due to my ISP emailing me, making sure I knew, that they knew, what i was doing, and how much i was "downloading" (I stream twitch a lot, youtube etc) And it's in the hundreds of  gigabytes. 

Now, if i search my ip, or a whois, the VPN is working perfectly. However, If i go into google maps, and do a gps search from "my location" It knows exactly where I am. How can this be?

PC, And yep, Signed into google, But it knows my "current location" 

And Ethernet to my router. 

4 minutes ago, GrandFatMan said:

So, this may seem like a really stupid question . 

I'm new to VPN's, Bought one today (Using the LMG link of course!) due to my ISP emailing me, making sure I knew, that they knew, what i was doing, and how much i was "downloading" (I stream twitch a lot, youtube etc) And it's in the hundreds of  gigabytes. 

Now, if i search my ip, or a whois, the VPN is working perfectly. However, If i go into google maps, and do a gps search from "my location" It knows exactly where I am. How can this be?

Cookies and/or being signed in + previously logged information or information from your phone, if location services are or were enabled at that location.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

3 minutes ago, GrandFatMan said:

PC, And yep, Signed into google, But it knows my "current location" 

And Ethernet to my router. 

try a private tab, its probably from being signed in.

VPNs tend to use commonly known ports for each different provider. So if a VPN doesnt use 443 and uses and say uses 2004, yeah its pretty each to tell that its VPN traffic with analytics. 

There are also other ways of tracking you with certain services like PC and phone using the same service but PC is only on VPN which is the easiest way to catch you. 

Try cleaning up the cookies/cashe and then double check if it still shows your exact location. If you're signed into google then this information can be stored on their side and you gotta log out.