Won't Boot to OS

defrag every day? That puts an unnecessary amount of wear and tear on a drive for little to no benefit. Plus you've been doing this for 9 years, on a company not well known for its reliabilty (granted not Maxtor levels bad).....

Its dead jim.

So here's my idea because you said:

1 hour ago, just that pc guy said:

when starting windows i forgot to mention i can hear the hard disk turn off and then turn on again

that *usually* not saying this is the case- to a controller board failure or a bad power connector

try using a different connector for the drive and move it up and down slowly and see if the same happens (the drive turning on/off on a loop) 

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

21 hours ago, Sovek said:

defrag every day? That puts an unnecessary amount of wear and tear on a drive for little to no benefit. Plus you've been doing this for 9 years, on a company not well known for its reliabilty (granted not Maxtor levels bad).....

Its dead jim.

not for 9 years i got the pc a year ago after i found it in my parents house garage, so i took it into my care it worked perfecylu fine and then today that happened

21 hours ago, aezakmi said:

So here's my idea because you said:

that *usually* not saying this is the case- to a controller board failure or a bad power connector

try using a different connector for the drive and move it up and down slowly and see if the same happens (the drive turning on/off on a loop) 

il give that a try, hopefully it works

after 2 full days of freaking out and trying to trouble shoot I finally did it, the disks are back up [ this doesnt mean im keeping them just backing up some data on a usb] and they are working... for now, how I did it? I had a usb of windows 10 laying around somewhere so I formatted my laptop and just installed 10 on top of 10 for my desktop, sure my laptop lost all the data but it just had some steam games and a LOT of memes, as for my desktop I tapped into windows.old and retrieved some music importand documents like, word docs, game mods and memes ,  thank you for all the help you guys have given me, without your help I would have overreacted and prob would have broken something, but yall took the time out of your day to help me and I thank you for that