Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
benjaminr

can you suggested me one very good gaming headset?

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, benjaminr said:

the   Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO.   is it  worth to  buy  for  gaming and  music?

No. Cost to performance ratio is very high.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, trevb0t said:

No. Cost to performance ratio is very high.

what  you mean Cost to performance ratio is very high??

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, benjaminr said:

what  you mean Cost to performance ratio is very high??

It is probably subjective, but you dont need to pay that much for a satisfying sound experience, that is what he is saying.

You would also need a separate mic, which would cost at least additional 50€ (no, a cheap 5€ mic wont do crap), which means, you could as well lookout

for a 150€ headset. Despite the suggestions on this board, most "gaming" headsets for 150€ are more or less worth their money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, WithSugerPlease said:

It is probably subjective, but you dont need to pay that much for a satisfying sound experience, that is what he is saying.

You would also need a separate mic, which would cost at least additional 50€ (no, a cheap 5€ mic wont do crap), which means, you could as well lookout

for a 150€ headset. Despite the suggestions on this board, most "gaming" headsets for 150€ are more or less worth their money.

the   Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO.   is it  worth to  buy  for  gaming and  music?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, benjaminr said:

the   Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO.   is it  worth to  buy  for  gaming and  music?

It is a "studio" headphone from an excellent brand, so yes, it will be worth the money for music, i guess. As for gaming, it has no mic, so it is useless without a separate mic (unless you rarely chat with others ingame). I dont know either if it has any surround ability, and apparently the so-called audiophile folks here dont care to give proper advice on that. All in all, you might be better off with these headsets for gaming AND music:

Lioncast LX55, Steelseris arctic 5 2019 edition or HyperX Cloud II

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
13 minutes ago, WithSugerPlease said:

It is a "studio" headphone from an excellent brand, so yes, it will be worth the money for music, i guess. As for gaming, it has no mic, so it is useless without a separate mic (unless you rarely chat with others ingame). I dont know either if it has any surround ability, and apparently the so-called audiophile folks here dont care to give proper advice on that. All in all, you might be better off with these headsets for gaming AND music:

Lioncast LX55, Steelseris arctic 5 2019 edition or HyperX Cloud II

 

what is  your  opinon  for  the 

HyperX Cloud alpha?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, benjaminr said:

the   Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO.   is it  worth to  buy  for  gaming and  music?

to me they are but I own them and have used them for a while and my preferences and perception of value are skewed. but stay away from logitech headphones I have yet to hear and feel adequate quality from their headphones and asking price. their speakers sound good but the build quality and sound quality on their headphones never warrant their prices. 

 

 


***FEEL FREE TO DM ME QUESTIONS ABOUT MY GEAR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR JUST CURIOUS***

CPU : ryzen 3600x  Motherboard: b350 PC mate RAM:16 GB ddr4 corsair lpx GPU: gtx 1070 6gb Case:phanteks p400 

Storage:x1 280 gb kingston ssd x1 1tb WD blue hdd x1 2tb seagate barraccuda 

 PSU:650 GQ Cooling:be quite! BK009 Keyboard:ducky one 2 rgb full sized Mouse:G502, Model o Operating System:win 10

Desktop audio gear: topping d10 --->  monolith Cavelli Liquid Spark---> Beyerdynamic dt 990 , Sennheiser Hd 58x, Hifiman HE4xx, AKG k240, AKG k52

Speaker Setup: Topping PA3--->Micca RB42

My portable setup: fiio Q1 mk2, fiio ubtr, fiio btr1k,fiio btr5---> Tin T2,Tin t3,Tin t4, QKZ VK4, Koss ksc 75,Blon 03 , Vido

 AKG y50bt,Sennheiser HD 4.40

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, benjaminr said:

 

which  are  the  best gaming  headsets?

 

3 hours ago, benjaminr said:

i dont want the best,

LOL.

 

But anyways, Beyerdynamics are pretty comfortable. Gaming headsets represent "value" in that they have both headphones and a microphone, but both are garbage. If you're hellbent on getting a headset, then get the Massdrop PC37X.


Crimson Panda

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/g6T8QV

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, food158 said:

 

LOL.

 

But anyways, Beyerdynamics are pretty comfortable. Gaming headsets represent "value" in that they have both headphones and a microphone, but both are garbage. If you're hellbent on getting a headset, then get the Massdrop PC37X.

the   Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO.   is it  worth to  buy  for  gaming and  music?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, food158 said:

Restating your question and not even considering what I said does not help.

I AM SAYING THE Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO.  ARENT GOOD FOR  GAMING AND MUSIC?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, benjaminr said:

I AM SAYING THE Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO.  ARENT GOOD FOR  GAMING AND MUSIC?

Ok buddy. tHe BEYERdyanmic DT990 PrO is GOOD! BUt hoW MUCH MONEY do you wAnt to SPenD anD Do yoU WANT A heADseT or sePAratE HEADPHONE and MICrOPHONE?


Crimson Panda

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/g6T8QV

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, food158 said:

Ok buddy. tHe BEYERdyanmic DT990 PrO is GOOD! BUt hoW MUCH MONEY do you wAnt to SPenD anD Do yoU WANT A heADseT or sePAratE HEADPHONE and MICrOPHONE?

stop Ive tried my best to help him we had a pretty long and extensive coversation and compretly disregarded what i said to him:

 

30 minutes ago, rice guru said:

lets get a few things straight before we proceed. 

 number 1 the word gaming in the phrase gaming headphones is a marketing word. in the audio space gaming means RGB and gamer easthtic. for example look at "gaming keyboards" they are keyboards with pretty lights and cool designs to them

number 2: all heaphones sound different. and detail is a relative word used to imply the quality of a headphone for example dt 990s are mid fi headphones and will provide te same amount o similar amount of detail as other mid fi headphone meanwhile more expensive headphones like a hd 800 dt 1990s and audeze lcd 2s which are considered hi fi will provide more detail for any purpose so ato some this point up the amount of detail you will get are relative to how much you want to spend.

 

number 3: what is most important in gaming is great sound stage. so how wide thing the sound sounds allowing for better separation so you can hear how far and how close your enemy is and where your enemy is relative to your postion. and imaging good imagin in headpphones will let you know how many degrees to the righ or left your enemy is either behind you and in front of you. 

 number 4: high highs are great for gaming as foot steps are highlighted when your litening for them. for more info on sound qulity in games here is a video that explains things better than I can he also says dt 990s are for hardcore gaming in the the comments, 

 

the DT 990s: have what you call a V shaped frequency response. which means they have emphasized bass,  recessed mids which are things like voices and empasized highs. they have excellent. the DT 990s are better than any gaming headphone you can buy that are labelled gaming. they have   awesome sound stage and imaging. the concern is for music and the probability that you cant drive them. their is a reason I have the hd 58x is because the 990 is a bit too harsh for my hearing in some music I listen to can make these headphones fatiguing so my dt 990's are relegated for gaming and when I feel like making music and I want to hear a lot of detail in my highs.

which I think was pretty well worded and even provided a great video of a guy saying what makes good audio better than I can.I don't know if he can grasp the idea of worth and value and the fact that we all see thing both things differently


***FEEL FREE TO DM ME QUESTIONS ABOUT MY GEAR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR JUST CURIOUS***

CPU : ryzen 3600x  Motherboard: b350 PC mate RAM:16 GB ddr4 corsair lpx GPU: gtx 1070 6gb Case:phanteks p400 

Storage:x1 280 gb kingston ssd x1 1tb WD blue hdd x1 2tb seagate barraccuda 

 PSU:650 GQ Cooling:be quite! BK009 Keyboard:ducky one 2 rgb full sized Mouse:G502, Model o Operating System:win 10

Desktop audio gear: topping d10 --->  monolith Cavelli Liquid Spark---> Beyerdynamic dt 990 , Sennheiser Hd 58x, Hifiman HE4xx, AKG k240, AKG k52

Speaker Setup: Topping PA3--->Micca RB42

My portable setup: fiio Q1 mk2, fiio ubtr, fiio btr1k,fiio btr5---> Tin T2,Tin t3,Tin t4, QKZ VK4, Koss ksc 75,Blon 03 , Vido

 AKG y50bt,Sennheiser HD 4.40

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, food158 said:

Ok buddy. tHe BEYERdyanmic DT990 PrO is GOOD! BUt hoW MUCH MONEY do you wAnt to SPenD anD Do yoU WANT A heADseT or sePAratE HEADPHONE and MICrOPHONE?

sePAratE HEADPHONE and MICrOPHONe

 
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, benjaminr said:

sePAratE HEADPHONE and MICrOPHONe

 

Cool, DT990s work fine, but you might want to try DT 880s instead or the Massdrop 58X. This is because DT990s are known to be very bright, or have emphasis on the high notes. After a while, that could be tiring to you.

 

I would buy the 58X, super good value.

 

As for microphones, I know of the Antlion Mod Mic and Blue Snowball ice are ok.

Blue Snowball is cheaper and sounds better though.

 


Crimson Panda

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/g6T8QV

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rice guru said:

stop Ive tried my best to help him we had a pretty long and extensive coversation and compretly disregarded what i said to him:

 

which I think was pretty well worded and even provided a great video of a guy saying what makes good audio better than I can.I don't know if he can grasp the idea of worth and value and the fact that we all see thing both things differently

You have my respect fallen warrior.


Crimson Panda

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/g6T8QV

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, food158 said:

Cool, DT990s work fine, but you might want to try DT 880s instead or the Massdrop 58X. This is because DT990s are known to be very bright, or have emphasis on the high notes. After a while, that could be tiring to you.

 

I would buy the 58X, super good value.

 

As for microphones, I know of the Antlion Mod Mic and Blue Snowball ice are ok.

Blue Snowball is cheaper and sounds better though.

 

lol literally exactly what I've been telling him.  but instead of dt 880s Im telling him to grab 770s as he listens to things like edm so the nice close subass is great and those cans have comparable soundstage and imaging to its brothers anyway and it has a 80 ohm version so he should be able to drive them on onboard audio. and I've also told him to grab 58x instead as it sounds more pleasant. also 770s ride the fence between too sharp and just right compared to the 990's too sharp


***FEEL FREE TO DM ME QUESTIONS ABOUT MY GEAR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR JUST CURIOUS***

CPU : ryzen 3600x  Motherboard: b350 PC mate RAM:16 GB ddr4 corsair lpx GPU: gtx 1070 6gb Case:phanteks p400 

Storage:x1 280 gb kingston ssd x1 1tb WD blue hdd x1 2tb seagate barraccuda 

 PSU:650 GQ Cooling:be quite! BK009 Keyboard:ducky one 2 rgb full sized Mouse:G502, Model o Operating System:win 10

Desktop audio gear: topping d10 --->  monolith Cavelli Liquid Spark---> Beyerdynamic dt 990 , Sennheiser Hd 58x, Hifiman HE4xx, AKG k240, AKG k52

Speaker Setup: Topping PA3--->Micca RB42

My portable setup: fiio Q1 mk2, fiio ubtr, fiio btr1k,fiio btr5---> Tin T2,Tin t3,Tin t4, QKZ VK4, Koss ksc 75,Blon 03 , Vido

 AKG y50bt,Sennheiser HD 4.40

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, food158 said:

You have my respect fallen warrior.

what  you mean my friend?

look my friend i am asking if i will  buy the DT990s will not be very  good for  gaming?

if you rate  from 0 to 10  the dt990 what rate  you  would put  them  for gaming and music?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

look i am  hearing all the  kind of music    (  trance, psy  electro and etc)

 

my question is because i liked  the dt990 i am asking will be very  good in  games and music? this i am asking

 

i dont want to buy the best headphone

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, benjaminr said:

what  you mean my friend?

look my friend i am asking if i will  buy the DT990s will not be very  good for  gaming?

if you rate  from 0 to 10  the dt990 what rate  you  would put  them  for gaming and music?

Sire benjaminr of the interconnect lands,

You're dilemma is what I consider from the mind of, excuse my colloquial term, "black and white thinking."

The DT990s may serve you well, but my wish is your wish. I want to fulfill your desire to best of my ability. Therefore, I shall recommend you the Sennheiser 58X and Blue Snowball ice.

 

With utmost politeness,

food158


Crimson Panda

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/g6T8QV

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, food158 said:

Sire benjaminr of the interconnect lands,

You're dilemma is what I consider from the mind of, excuse my colloquial term, "black and white thinking."

The DT990s may serve you well, but my wish is your wish. I want to fulfill your desire to best of my ability. Therefore, I shall recommend you the Sennheiser 58X and Blue Snowball ice.

 

With utmost politeness,

food158

if you rate  from 0 to 10  the dt990 what rate  you  would put  them  for gaming and music?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, food158 said:

Yes. It's good, not great. Especially for prolonged use



for you which are the best top 5 headphones for my budget 150 euro max? for gaming and movies???

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×