Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fireandy500

GPU pegged at 100% with Vsync on

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello, about a month ago I built my first computer. I have a Ryzen 5 2600 and an XFX RX 580 8GB card. I'm having an issue with my graphics card sitting at 100% usage whenever I play Destiny 2 on its highest settings. It stays at 60 fps with V-sync on at all times, if I turn off V-sync it goes up to around 75. My issue is that I try to watch Youtube while I play but the video freezes while the audio continues to play all the time. I was wondering what could be causing this issue. I've tried lowering the graphics down but it keeps freezing and staying at 100% usage until I put it on low settings. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

boilerplate: first thing you should do is update your display driver. if you want to make sure, do a ddu and install it again.

what browser you're using? what os you're using?

if you have a dual monitor setup, try to run destiny 2 at windowed borderless.

are you doing 60 fps in the wild or at the tower? destiny 2's fps varies a lot depending your location.

can you take a photo of your graphics card? it shouldnt doing 100% usage when running title like this at 1080p. stay at tower and check your gpu usage.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!