Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MiiaBestLamia

Best RTX2060 model

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi!

Using a lot of suggestions from multiple forums, including this one (link to thread), I've decided to purchase an RTX2060 GPU, but now another question has arisen - which model should I go for?

Overall, the price difference between the most expensive and the cheapest one is around 110$, the most expensive one being Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2060 OC Edition.

From what I've seen, this card has the best thermals of all of the cards, obviously the best performance, it also comes factory overclocked at 1830 MHz.

In the most recent Linus video, where they compare the AMD vs Intel builds, both Linus and Anthony go for a Zotac 2060 Twin Fan, which is about 100 dollars cheaper than the Asus ROG one.

I've looked through some other threads on 2060, a lot of people recommend the Asus ROG, but some people also recomment the EVGA Dual Fan design.

These are my current specs: 

Windows 10, 64 bit

Corsair RM 550X (550W, recently upgraded with the help of this forum, thanks!)

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

NVIDIA 1060 3GB

ASRock A320M-HDV

Predator Z1 (2560 x 1440, 144Hz)

Any feedback is welcome!

Thank you for your time!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MiiaBestLamia said:

Hi!

Using a lot of suggestions from multiple forums, including this one (link to thread), I've decided to purchase an RTX2060 GPU, but now another question has arisen - which model should I go for?

Overall, the price difference between the most expensive and the cheapest one is around 110$, the most expensive one being Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2060 OC Edition.

From what I've seen, this card has the best thermals of all of the cards, obviously the best performance, it also comes factory overclocked at 1830 MHz.

In the most recent Linus video, where they compare the AMD vs Intel builds, both Linus and Anthony go for a Zotac 2060 Twin Fan, which is about 100 dollars cheaper than the Asus ROG one.

I've looked through some other threads on 2060, a lot of people recommend the Asus ROG, but some people also recomment the EVGA Dual Fan design.

These are my current specs: 

Windows 10, 64 bit

Corsair RM 550X (550W, recently upgraded with the help of this forum, thanks!)

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

NVIDIA 1060 3GB

ASRock A320M-HDV

Predator Z1 (2560 x 1440, 144Hz)

Any feedback is welcome!

Thank you for your time!

i know its not the best in any way except aesthetics but i'd go with the founders edition

Link to post
Share on other sites

not the Strix, it's priced too close to the cheapest RTX 2070 which will beat it any day. I'd go cheap and buy EVGA for their customer service. Their single fan 3 slot design seems to perform well too.


CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MiiaBestLamia said:

which model should I go for?

Honestly, all RTX 2060 cards perform within 5-10% of other RTX 2060 cards at stock speeds. It doesn't really matter which cooler you get.

 

STRIX cards are usually the best (in terms of thermals, noise levels, and overclocking), but they cost a fortune. I'd honestly just go for the EVGA dual fan card (that you mentioned) if it's being sold for a good price.


CPU: Intel® Core i7-950 @ 2.03 GHz 0.96V Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (BCLK: 135) CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 & Noctua NA-SRC10 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 7-7-7-19 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 7-7-7-19 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 7-7-7-19 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce® GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB (Core Clock: 1050 MHz, Memory Clock: 3505 MHz) SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB (Windows 10 Enterprise x64) HDD: WD Green 3.5" 1TB (7.2K RPM), WD Blue 3.5" 1TB (7.2K RPM) PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables (White) Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: Intake: 1x Dynamic X2 GP-12, Exhaust: 1x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F 23.6" 1080p 144Hz 300 nit TN FreeSync, Samsung S24D390 23.4" 1080p 60Hz 250 nit PLS Keyboard: Logitech G710+ (Cherry MX Browns) Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK (Medium) Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones (Charcoal) Racing Wheel: Logitech G27 & Six-Speed Shifter

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
42 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

not the Strix, it's priced too close to the cheapest RTX 2070 which will beat it any day. I'd go cheap and buy EVGA for their customer service. Their single fan 3 slot design seems to perform well too.

 

39 minutes ago, Geography said:

Honestly, all RTX 2060 cards perform within 5-10% of other RTX 2060 cards at stock speeds. It doesn't really matter which cooler you get.

 

STRIX cards are usually the best (in terms of thermals, noise levels, and overclocking), but they cost a fortune. I'd honestly just go for the EVGA dual fan card (that you mentioned) if it's being sold for a good price.

I could get the "EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 XC Ultra Gaming 6GB GDDR6 PCIE 06G-P4-2167-KR" for around 490 dollars from a reliable Latvian shop, so it'd be much easier to return/get it repaired in case of a malfunction. The Strix card would cost me about 530, so i think the factory overclock, better thermals and clock speed would be worth the extra 40 dollars. On the website, it says that the EVGA has an 1830 Turbo Speed, but does this mean I'd have to overclock it manually? I have no experience with overclocking, always saw it as a medium risk - low reward thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Geography said:

Honestly, all RTX 2060 cards perform within 5-10% of other RTX 2060 cards at stock speeds. I

More like 3%~5%, saying 10% is already RTX 2070 uplift, yes it's that narrow the margins.


Workstation Rig:
CPU:  Intel Core i9 9900K @5.0ghz  |~| Cooling: beQuiet! Dark Rock 4 |~|  MOBO: Asus Z390M ROG Maximus XI GENE |~| RAM: 32gb 3333mhz CL15 G.Skill Trident Z RGB |~| GPU: nVidia TITAN V  |~| PSU: beQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 80Plus Platinum  |~| Boot: Intel 660p 2TB NVMe |~| Storage: 2X4TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Iron Wolf + 2X2TB SSD SanDisk Ultra |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display: Acer Predator X34 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.
 
Personal Use Rig:
CPU: Intel Core i9 9900 @4.75ghz |~| Cooling: beQuiet! Shadow Rock Slim |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z390M Gaming mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3400mhzCL15 Viper Steel |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition RTX 2080 Ti |~| PSU: beQuiet! Straight Power 11 80Plus Gold  |~|  Boot:  Intel 660p 2TB NVMe |~| Storage: 2x2TB SanDisk SSD Ultra 3D |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display: Viotek GN34CB 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.


HTPC / "Console of the house":

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700 @4.45ghz |~| Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212X |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M D3H mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition GTX 1080 Ti |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MiiaBestLamia said:

Hi!

Using a lot of suggestions from multiple forums, including this one (link to thread), I've decided to purchase an RTX2060 GPU, but now another question has arisen - which model should I go for?

Overall, the price difference between the most expensive and the cheapest one is around 110$, the most expensive one being Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2060 OC Edition.

From what I've seen, this card has the best thermals of all of the cards, obviously the best performance, it also comes factory overclocked at 1830 MHz.

In the most recent Linus video, where they compare the AMD vs Intel builds, both Linus and Anthony go for a Zotac 2060 Twin Fan, which is about 100 dollars cheaper than the Asus ROG one.

I've looked through some other threads on 2060, a lot of people recommend the Asus ROG, but some people also recomment the EVGA Dual Fan design.

These are my current specs: 

Windows 10, 64 bit

Corsair RM 550X (550W, recently upgraded with the help of this forum, thanks!)

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

NVIDIA 1060 3GB

ASRock A320M-HDV

Predator Z1 (2560 x 1440, 144Hz)

Any feedback is welcome!

Thank you for your time!

Honestly mate, unless you're desperate to upgrade rn or really like one of the 3 free games, I'd wait for navi. I have near exactly the same specs as u and after some research realised it's better to just wait for navi than get rtx 2060 rn. You can get Vega 64 +15% performance for £250 (that's what everyones saying anyeay) and it doesnt take a lot of power and btw, thats near 1080ti level performance, which smacks 2060.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Remikp04 said:

Honestly mate, unless you're desperate to upgrade rn or really like one of the 3 free games, I'd wait for navi. I have near exactly the same specs as u and after some research realised it's better to just wait for navi than get rtx 2060 rn. You can get Vega 64 +15% performance for £250 (that's what everyones saying anyeay) and it doesnt take a lot of power and btw, thats near 1080ti level performance, which smacks 2060.

Got a monitor with G-Sync, so I'd like to stick to stuff that supports it. Also, lots of games coming out "soon" that I'd love to play, so I don't really want to wait too much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MiiaBestLamia said:

Got a monitor with G-Sync, so I'd like to stick to stuff that supports it. Also, lots of games coming out "soon" that I'd love to play, so I don't really want to wait too much.

Oh right fairs, then get gigabyte 6gb oc pro unless you really like rgb then the strix, gigabyte model has better temps and noise levels and ever so slightly worse performance by like 0.4 fps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Remikp04 said:

Oh right fairs, then get gigabyte 6gb oc pro unless you really like rgb then the strix, gigabyte model has better temps and noise levels and ever so slightly worse performance by like 0.4 fps.

Read a fair amount of reviews about Gigabyte, saying their cards are inferior quality, so I don't want to buy anything from them. No bad reviews about EVGA or Asus ones.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MiiaBestLamia said:

Read a fair amount of reviews about Gigabyte, saying their cards are inferior quality, so I don't want to buy anything from them. No bad reviews about EVGA or Asus ones.

Where? All the ones I've seen about the gigabyte 6gb OC pro are good. Aorus are meh, which ik are gigabyte, but it's mainly the software I've heard about them

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Remikp04 said:

Where? All the ones I've seen about the gigabyte 6gb OC pro are good. Aorus are meh, which ik are gigabyte, but it's mainly the software I've heard about them

tomshardware, reddit, a couple of posts on this forum too. From my personal experience, Asus is really good, so i think the Asus one would be the best option for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MiiaBestLamia said:

tomshardware, reddit, a couple of posts on this forum too. From my personal experience, Asus is really good, so i think the Asus one would be the best option for me.

Then go for the asus 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MiiaBestLamia said:

 

I could get the "EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 XC Ultra Gaming 6GB GDDR6 PCIE 06G-P4-2167-KR" for around 490 dollars from a reliable Latvian shop, so it'd be much easier to return/get it repaired in case of a malfunction. The Strix card would cost me about 530, so i think the factory overclock, better thermals and clock speed would be worth the extra 40 dollars. On the website, it says that the EVGA has an 1830 Turbo Speed, but does this mean I'd have to overclock it manually? I have no experience with overclocking, always saw it as a medium risk - low reward thing.

To be honest, at that price see if you can get a 2070 or try and get one shipped from the U.S. because the 2070 performance blows the 2060 out of the water, if you can't get a 2070 then just buy a Zotac card or just buy the cheapest 2060 from a reliable brand. You can overclock pretty easily with a youtube guide.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MiiaBestLamia said:

Hi!

Using a lot of suggestions from multiple forums, including this one (link to thread), I've decided to purchase an RTX2060 GPU, but 

Any feedback is welcome!

Thank you for your time!

I have the strix, love it but indeed relative expensive. I didnt need 2070 performance (which in realworld isnt much diff from the 60 and to me ultimate low noise was paramount so less power equals less heat equals less noise.

 

Before buying i researched 2060s a lot and as others noted except for mostly cooling performance they perform pretty much equal.

 

There are many other models that are also "quiet enough" and decent for lower price though. I'd only be weary of GB ones due to fan stop being implemented without hystersis (just search for anoying fan spin up and down jitter) although they might have fixed that using driver and/or bios update by now.

 

Be aware though that personally i feel gputweak is not the best sw and have bad experience using the auto-overclock function in it (as in: leaving all things default makes the card boost higher, and on one attempt it even locked the card and pc showing scary artefacts making me reboost asap as i was scared the oc attemot would kill the card).

 

The pwm fan headers were usefull for me as my mb didnt allow gpu as temp source. My sample has 0 coil whine that i know of however its in a sound dampned chassis (one review dud mention "some minor whine" so ymmv).

 

 Only bf5 so far with rtx on makes the fans spin but inaudible pretty much even with sidepanel open and putting my ear 20cm from them. Bf3 (or normal desktop work) no fans needed and a hillarious 12% gpu usage.

 

What i didnt expect is that the strix controls the fans in 2 groups, one center and 2nd the left and right one which is a nice touch allowing for even more noise/cooling balancing (im using default setting and this seems automatic; hwinfo also shows the 2 groups as 2 fans nicely).

 

A lot of humor in this thread btw "vega 64 because it doesnt need much power"; and 2070s blowing 2060s away (+5%). If you would consider a 2070 then plz make the jump to 2080, 60 and 70 are too close except for price.

 

And comparing a strix 60 to a cheap 2070 is not meaningfull unless yoy only care "raw power" and not noise, vrm quality (thus stability) and temps (thus, noise, sustaining boost over long sessions, also stability). 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
15 minutes ago, Bartholomew said:

I have the strix, love it but indeed relative expensive. I didnt need 2070 performance (which in realworld isnt much diff from the 60 and to me ultimate low noise was paramount so less power equals less heat equals less noise.

 

Before buying i researched 2060s a lot and as others noted except for mostly cooling performance they perform pretty much equal.

 

There are many other models that are also "quiet enough" and decent for lower price though. I'd only be weary of GB ones due to fan stop being implemented without hystersis (just search for anoying fan spin up and down jitter) although they might have fixed that using driver and/or bios update by now.

 

Be aware though that personally i feel gputweak is not the best sw and have bad experience using the auto-overclock function in it (as in: leaving all things default makes the card boost higher, and on one attempt it even locked the card and pc showing scary artefacts making me reboost asap as i was scared the oc attemot would kill the card).

 

The pwm fan headers were usefull for me as my mb didnt allow gpu as temp source. My sample has 0 coil whine that i know of however its in a sound dampned chassis (one review dud mention "some minor whine" so ymmv).

 

 Only bf5 so far with rtx on makes the fans spin but inaudible pretty much even with sidepanel open and putting my ear 20cm from them. Bf3 (or normal desktop work) no fans needed and a hillarious 12% gpu usage.

 

What i didnt expect is that the strix controls the fans in 2 groups, one center and 2nd the left and right one which is a nice touch allowing for even more noise/cooling balancing (im using default setting and this seems automatic; hwinfo also shows the 2 groups as 2 fans nicely).

 

A lot of humor in this thread btw "vega 64 because it doesnt need much power"; and 2070s blowing 2060s away (+5%). If you would consider a 2070 then plz make the jump to 2080, 60 and 70 are too close except for price.

 

And comparing a strix 60 to a cheap 2070 is not meaningfull unless yoy only care "raw power" and not noise, vrm quality (thus stability) and temps (thus, noise, sustaining boost over long sessions, also stability). 

 

 

 

 

i care more about the performance and thermals of the card rather than the noise it makes - my 10603gb on 100% fan usage is like a vacuum cleaner, but due to my headphones i don't really hear it that much

the Strix i keep mentioning comes factory-overclocked, right? wouldn't want to muck around with overclocking too much

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MiiaBestLamia said:

the Strix i keep mentioning comes factory-overclocked, right? wouldn't want to muck around with overclocking too much

factory OC on Turing seems to do nothing, Tech Deals @Youtube did a video on 6 RTX 2060s including the EVGA single fan 3 slot, the Gigabyte 3 fan 2 slot and Asus Strix. At stock they all run around 1850MHz (aside from a single fan dual slot mITX card) even though Strix has a much more aggressive factory overclock. In overclocking results Strix does get 1 extra fps than the Gigabyte 3 fan, but at that point it's more about the silicon lottery and not the card you're actually using.


CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MiiaBestLamia said:

i care more about the performance and thermals of the card rather than the noise it makes - my 10603gb on 100% fan usage is like a vacuum cleaner, but due to my headphones i don't really hear it that much

the Strix i keep mentioning comes factory-overclocked, right? wouldn't want to muck around with overclocking too much

In that case (noise less important) id recommend going for a cheaper model.

 

Theres (where i live) 3strix versions, no oc "strix" , a "strix a6" (advanced) with a bit oc and "strix o6" (oc version, higher oc). I went with the o6 beacuse price was like 12e apart. I wouldnt be surprised though that in real world they perform the same as nvidias boost thing makes mine run at 2ghz even without tampering default settings. And the oc part really only brings a few percent max i think.

 

But withou the "being the quietest" element id go for cheaper one. I do recall big differences in vrm setups and recommend image searcg for "2060 vrm" and "2060 pcb" (the latter one mostly for finding more results to see the vrms) so you get a feel of overall quality for the dollar, regarless of brand. More vrm + at least two fans will help with thermals and realiability.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

factory OC on Turing seems to do nothing, Tech Deals @Youtube did a video on 6 RTX 2060s including the EVGA single fan 3 slot, the Gigabyte 3 fan 2 slot and Asus Strix. At stock they all run around 1850MHz (aside from a single fan dual slot mITX card) even though Strix has a much more aggressive factory overclock. In overclocking results Strix does get 1 extra fps than the Gigabyte 3 fan, but at that point it's more about the silicon lottery and not the card you're actually using.

Mine came 2ghz out of the box, just like the reviews. That said, i also feel performance wise theres no explicit reason to go for a strix version really; and as outline in my reply above i agree with that vid conclusion as nvidias boost tech (of which i keep forgetting the name) seems to get the best out of any chip sample regardless of "oc" settings (really, the settings in gputweak litterally have no (positive) effect with my sample at least).

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
12 minutes ago, Bartholomew said:

Mine came 2ghz out of the box, just like the reviews. That said, i also feel performance wise theres no explicit reason to go for a strix version really; and as outline in my reply above i agree with that vid conclusion as nvidias boost tech (of which i keep forgetting the name) seems to get the best out of any chip sample regardless of "oc" settings (really, the settings in gputweak litterally have no (positive) effect with my sample at least).

 

 

 

 

24 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

factory OC on Turing seems to do nothing, Tech Deals @Youtube did a video on 6 RTX 2060s including the EVGA single fan 3 slot, the Gigabyte 3 fan 2 slot and Asus Strix. At stock they all run around 1850MHz (aside from a single fan dual slot mITX card) even though Strix has a much more aggressive factory overclock. In overclocking results Strix does get 1 extra fps than the Gigabyte 3 fan, but at that point it's more about the silicon lottery and not the card you're actually using.

I actually stumbled up on that video too, though i skipped through it and didn't even notice the lack of difference in the performance. Now my question is: which one of the EVGA is better? The EVGA XC Black Gaming seems inferior in every (only two) way to the EVGA XC Gaming - clock speed and texture fill rate. Both look identical, the price difference is only 10 dollars, the XC Gaming one being the costlier one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MiiaBestLamia said:

I actually stumbled up on that video too, though i skipped through it and didn't even notice the lack of difference in the performance. Now my question is: which one of the EVGA is better? The EVGA XC Black Gaming seems inferior in every (only two) way to the EVGA XC Gaming - clock speed and texture fill rate. Both look identical, the price difference is only 10 dollars, the XC Gaming one being the costlier one.

Again, that's just frequency difference you can more than offset with a 100MHz offset in the core clock. I'd get the cheaper one.


CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
8 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

Again, that's just frequency difference you can more than offset with a 100MHz offset in the core clock. I'd get the cheaper one.

For a 10 dollar difference, is there any point to buy the cheaper one? If they'd cost the exact same, would you buy the XC Black Gaming or the XC Gaming?

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, MiiaBestLamia said:

For a 10 dollar difference, is there any point to buy the cheaper one? If they'd cost the exact same, would you buy the XC Black Gaming or the XC Gaming?

yes, it's $10 difference for exactly the same hardware and power limits. clock speed difference don't mean anything to me since I tune my card's frequency and voltage regardless.

 

If they cost the same, I'd buy the standard XC because the box looks better without the "Black" word on it.


CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to post
Share on other sites

When it come to RTX 2060, I personally would get either the triple fans of Gigabyte Windforce or EVGA XC Ultra. Those 2 are the best value among other RTX 2060


My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newegg

×