phanteks p300 fans

SPiNZ

Hello guys,

I'm gonna build a pc next week (r5 2600, rx 580, seasonic s12ii, mx500 500gb, msi b450m pro-vdh, 16gb g.skill 2800mhz), and i've been searching for a case for a week now, and i think i finally decided on the phanteks p300. I'm a bit anal about temps and cooling. I know, if i want airflow i need to have a open mesh case, but the only one on my budget is the focus g, and it doesn't have a psu shroud or the p350x but i think it's ugly). My question is: i want 2 140mm fans on the intake, but im a bit clueless about them. I think i need static pressure fans, because of the dust filters, am i wrong? Can you guys recommend budget fans for my build for about 15€ each without rgb? airflow> noise in my case.

Thanks guys,

You're really sacrificing temperatures and noise for aesthetics. The Corsair ML140 comes in a pack of two and spins at up to 2000RPM. 

Don't get the Seasonic S12 II. It's ancient and garbage. The motherboard is mATX while the case is ATX. While it will be compatible, it might not look the best. 

:)

3 minutes ago, seon123 said:

You're really sacrificing temperatures and noise for aesthetics. The Corsair ML140 comes in a pack of two and spins at up to 2000RPM. 

Don't get the Seasonic S12 II. It's ancient and garbage. The motherboard is mATX while the case is ATX. While it will be compatible, it might not look the best. 

is the phantek p300 really that bad? Can you recommend a case for around that price? The p350x is only 5€ more expensive. And the psu is already bought, i got a nice deal on it(50€).

11 minutes ago, SPiNZ said:

Hello guys,

I'm gonna build a pc next week (r5 2600, rx 580, seasonic s12ii, mx500 500gb, msi b450m pro-vdh, 16gb g.skill 2800mhz), and i've been searching for a case for a week now, and i think i finally decided on the phanteks p300. I'm a bit anal about temps and cooling. I know, if i want airflow i need to have a open mesh case, but the only one on my budget is the focus g, and it doesn't have a psu shroud or the p350x but i think it's ugly). My question is: i want 2 140mm fans on the intake, but im a bit clueless about them. I think i need static pressure fans, because of the dust filters, am i wrong? Can you guys recommend budget fans for my build for about 15€ each without rgb? airflow> noise in my case.

Thanks guys,

Seriously don't buy the Seasonic S12, it's way too outdated (it's a group regulated unit which is bad). Check the PSU tier list for good alternatives.

Also have you considered the Meshify C? Not sure where you are located but over here it's about the same price and it has a mesh front and a PSU shroud. I have some Arctic P12s PWM PST which I am quite content with and they also come in 140mm.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

1 minute ago, martward said:

Seriously don't buy the Seasonic S12, it's way too outdated (it's a group regulated unit which is bad). Check the PSU tier list for good alternatives.

Also have you considered the Meshify C? Not sure where you are located but over here it's about the same price and it has a mesh front and a PSU shroud. I have some Arctic P12s PWM PST which I am quite content with and they also come in 140mm.

The meshify c, here in Portugal is 90€, for that price i could get premium cases for cheaper

4 minutes ago, SPiNZ said:

is the phantek p300 really that bad? Can you recommend a case for around that price? The p350x is only 5€ more expensive. And the psu is already bought, i got a nice deal on it(50€).

For temperatures, it's bad. It will matter less with the RX 580 than with e.g. a 2080 Ti, so you would be fine, if you really like the look. 

€50 is about €40 more than it's. Return it if you can, and get a Vengeance 400W, Pure Power 10 400W or CX450/M. 

For temperatures, it's bad. It will matter less with the RX 580 than with e.g. a 2080 Ti, so you would be fine, if you really like the look. 

€50 is about €40 more than it's. Return it if you can, and get a Vengeance 400W, Pure Power 10 400W or CX450/M. 

Trust me, here in my country is one the better deals. You can't get a bronze psu for less that 60€ dollars. I got the 620w version, the build will draw at maximum 400w. I think it's enough. Should i go for the p350x?

8 minutes ago, SPiNZ said:

Trust me, here in my country is one the better deals. You can't get a bronze psu for less that 60€ dollars. I got the 620w version, the build will draw at maximum 400w. I think it's enough. Should i go for the p350x?

The S12 II being garbage does not change by country. 

You should be able to order from Amazon ES?

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B076PMC7QH/?tag=pcp02-21

400W is way more than the build will ever draw. Just don't trust PSU calculators, and look at actual reviews that actually test for power draw. 

If you really don't like the look of the P350X, you'll be fine with the P300. But it would certainly help the cooling. 

The S12 II being garbage does not change by country. 

You should be able to order from Amazon ES?

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B076PMC7QH/?tag=pcp02-21

400W is way more than the build will ever draw. Just don't trust PSU calculators, and look at actual reviews that actually test for power draw. 

If you really don't like the look of the P350X, you'll be fine with the P300. But it would certainly help the cooling. 

And if decide to go with the p300, what types of fans should i get?

12 hours ago, SPiNZ said:

And if decide to go with the p300, what types of fans should i get?

The P300 alright. Due to how the front fan mounts block off much for 140mm fans, either 140mm's or 120mm's would be good. 

Where are you shopping / located?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

12 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

The P300 alright. Due to how the front fan mounts block off much for 140mm fans, either 140mm's or 120mm's would be good. 

Where are you shopping / located?

On Portugal, mainly on a shop called "pcdiga". I already bought most of my components, just missing the case, ram and ssd. How much would the temperature drop from the p300 to p350x with 2 140mm fans? 1-2 ºc?

43 minutes ago, SPiNZ said:

On Portugal, mainly on a shop called "pcdiga". I already bought most of my components, just missing the case, ram and ssd. How much would the temperature drop from the p300 to p350x with 2 140mm fans? 1-2 ºc?

Are you referring to swapping cases or fans? In either case, it doesn't provide a consistent drop in temps. The drop is dependent on the system specs and how adequate cooling was beforehand. If cooling was already adequate, adding more fans or getting a slightly better case generally doesn't make much of a difference. I'd recommend testing with the case first before deciding on whether or not to add more case fans. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

5 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Are you referring to swapping cases or fans? In either case, it doesn't provide a consistent drop in temps. The drop is dependent on the system specs and how adequate cooling was beforehand. If cooling was already adequate, adding more fans or getting a slightly better case generally doesn't make much of a difference. I'd recommend testing with the case first before deciding on whether or not to add more case fans. 

Yes, but at best case scenario, would the temperature difference be big comapring the 2 cases?

21 hours ago, SPiNZ said:

Yes, but at best case scenario, would the temperature difference be big comapring the 2 cases?

It depends on what you mean by best case scenario. It could anywhere between a small 1-2c difference or up to 10c. 

The difference is probably small if you're using more than just the stock fans in either case.