4G router for up to 100 devices at once - mobile hotspot

Hi, guys! ?

I need some of your help in search for the router, that would:

• be easy to transport from place to place and quick to set up,
  • access the Internet from SIM cards (so it has to be 4G LTE capable - 5G in Poland will not be seen soon, so let’s not bother with that),
  • allow up to 100 devices connected at the time,
  • be configurable so that only traffic to/from a specific website would be possible.

There are several reasons why we wouldn’t opt for providing internet service to it by wire, so let’s skip it for now.

The price is not a concern, but let’s stick to the maximum of 300-350$, although I believe less would be sufficient.

If connecting this many devices t that single router would be a problem or simply a bad idea, then access points are an option too, but then again, the router has to support these and there should be no problem with moving all of the equipment.

I know that bandwidth provided by LTE is certainly not too much for this many hosts, but after rather extensive discussions with clients we believe that’s our only reasonable option for what we’re trying to achieve, which is essentially a mobile hotspot for many users just for visiting one specific website.

If you have any ideas, please let me know, it’s very important to me!

Thanks in advance ❤️

Thomas

I think looking into MOFI routers might be your best bet. Looking around I found a hotspot company based out of the U.S. uses them to provided hotspots to their customers though for a plan in Poland it would be $250/month. https://unlimitedville.com/plans You could always look for a company within Poland that will offer better rates for what you need but it will still end up being very costly. Even if your only trying to access one specific website you still could run into data issues depending on how much is used by your clients connecting and using services on the site. You could try contacting a mobile hotspot company and try and see if you could negotiate a deal for limited internet access to that site specifically to get done what you need. Without getting a wire run too you I don't see how you could keep monthly costs low.

You can do this with a Mikrotik LTAP Mini (although I can’t guarentee 100 users on the wireless - but you can always pair it with a real AP if that becomes an issue). The issue with Mikrotik always is that it has a steep learning curve, but the benefit always is if you climb that learning curve then you get incredible features for cost and every Mikrotik has the ability to be a swiss army knife.

Edit: the Mikrotik wAP LTE would also serve the same, the only benefit of the LTAP Mini is the builtin GPS.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: