PSU or GPU problem?

hbsterling

So it has been almost a month with my new pc build and then all of a sudden during a game the pc shut off and it would not turn back on. I have a tx650M corsair psu and xfx rx 580 GPU. The system powers when there the 8 pin is not plugged into the gpu. When I just have 8 pin in the gpu and not the psu then there is a red light on the rx 580 but I cannot seem to get the 8 pin directly plugged into the psu without the pc turning on. There is a click when I try to turn it on but that it is. I tried using two different 8 pin cords and same problem. Is there a problem with the gpu or psu, I bought both of these brand new from newegg. 

21 hours ago, hbsterling said:

So it has been almost a month with my new pc build and then all of a sudden during a game the pc shut off and it would not turn back on. I have a tx650M corsair psu and xfx rx 580 GPU. The system powers when there the 8 pin is not plugged into the gpu. When I just have 8 pin in the gpu and not the psu then there is a red light on the rx 580 but I cannot seem to get the 8 pin directly plugged into the psu without the pc turning on. There is a click when I try to turn it on but that it is. I tried using two different 8 pin cords and same problem. Is there a problem with the gpu or psu, I bought both of these brand new from newegg. 

I am also suffering from same problem since 8 months. Its reappearing after a week, 2 weeks or a month. If u find any solution, please let me know.  

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1043544-pc-restarts-while-gaming-or-long-time-running/