Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlockedTheShot

Halo: master chief collection is coming to steam(Disclaimer: this is not a troll)

21 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

well It still is a exclusive, its exclusive to Microsoft. Its just now they are grouping PC under their xbox games umbrella.

Microsoft can hit it big with a ecosystem advantage over Sony and Nintendo by allowing people to play and transfer saves between PC and xbox it will push people to stay in the Microsoft camp and not to swtich to Sony or Nintendo.

The more Microsoft can blur the line of PC and Xbox, the harder its going to be for sony to convince people to switch or stay on PlayStation.

Xbox seems to be becoming a service not a console

I totally see what you mean but most people who buy a console just don't care about FPS, FOV and playing games as they were designed. I don't see this as a big ace for Microsoft in all. Its a big one up but it wouldn't take much is pushed for SONY to follow suit and release games to Steam if it relay hurt their sales. 

There is also the point that SONY at this point hold an amazing exclusives library and thats why they have strong sales at this point in time. I don't sit on any side, i love PC and consoles for many different reasons so don't interpret what i say as being a fan boy. The only reason i didn't by an Xbox one is there are no games i care about that i cant buy on PS4 or PC bar MCC. I just couldn't justify that cost for one game and that will stand true if they can't do the same going forward. But hey, who knows what will happen and its all a mystery as to where people spend their money half the time. But what i do know is things are changing and thats always exciting. 

My Current Build: PCPartPicker URL My PartPicker Build

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600X @4.0Ghz| Cooling: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM | Motherboard: Asus - STRIX X370-F GAMING | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 2x8Gb DDR4 @3000MHz | GPU: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB WINDFORCE OC | Storage Samsung - 860 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 | PSU EVGA - B3 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX | Case: Corsair - SPEC-OMEGA RGB ATX Mid | System Fans: Corsair - ML120 PRO RGB 47.3 CFM 120mm x 4 & Corsair - ML140 PRO RGB 55.4 CFM 140mm | Display Samsung KS9000 |Keyboard Logitech - G613 | Mouse Logitech - G703 | Operating System Windows 10 Pro
20 minutes ago, Bravo1cc said:

I totally see what you mean but most people who buy a console just don't care about FPS, FOV and playing games as they were designed. I don't see this as a big ace for Microsoft in all. Its a big one up but it wouldn't take much is pushed for SONY to follow suit and release games to Steam if it relay hurt their sales. 

There is also the point that SONY at this point hold an amazing exclusives library and thats why they have strong sales at this point in time. I don't sit on any side, i love PC and consoles for many different reasons so don't interpret what i say as being a fan boy. The only reason i didn't by an Xbox one is there are no games i care about that i cant buy on PS4 or PC bar MCC. I just couldn't justify that cost for one game and that will stand true if they can't do the same going forward. But hey, who knows what will happen and its all a mystery as to where people spend their money half the time. But what i do know is things are changing and thats always exciting. 

they might but as of now, Sony has no answer to play anywhere, and seamless cross plateform play. the level of xbox integration on PC is far more then just releasing a game on steam.

my old xbox account is the same account I use to login to all of my windows 10 PCs, all my settings carry over, all my xbox stats, OS level friends and game management, Voice chat and messages between PC and xbox,  one shared game/app store.

It would take sony a lot of time and money to get to the level Microsoft has been piecing together over the past many years, and they will never have OS level integration.

I can go to any store, buy any windows 10 PC, login and with 0 3rd party application download and play my xbox anywhere games. I can also pick up my last saved spot on any device.

If I was going to buy any console now, xbox just fits into my ecosystem like a glove with. where if I bought a PlayStation is would be like starting from 0.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

6 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

they might but as of now, Sony has no answer to play anywhere, and seamless cross plateform play. the level of xbox integration on PC is far more then just releasing a game on steam.

my old xbox account is the same account I use to login to all of my windows 10 PCs, all my settings carry over, all my xbox stats, OS level friends and game management, Voice chat and messages between PC and xbox,  one shared game/app store.

It would take sony a lot of time and money to get to the level Microsoft has been piecing together over the past many years, and they will never have OS level integration.

I can go to any store, buy any windows 10 PC, login and with 0 3rd party application download and play my xbox anywhere games. I can also pick up my last saved spot on any device.

If I was going to buy any console now, xbox just fits into my ecosystem like a glove with. where if I bought a PlayStation is would be like starting from 0.

I get what you mean but SONY wont need to build all of that out, all they will need is the option to buy games else where and import a save, they have done this before with Vita and Playstation Now. Its nothing new for them, yea it would take a little time but not much. I just don't think that many people will care about this cross play to the point that it will cause SONY an issue. If it does happen i guess we will see. 

My Current Build: PCPartPicker URL My PartPicker Build

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600X @4.0Ghz| Cooling: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM | Motherboard: Asus - STRIX X370-F GAMING | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 2x8Gb DDR4 @3000MHz | GPU: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB WINDFORCE OC | Storage Samsung - 860 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 | PSU EVGA - B3 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX | Case: Corsair - SPEC-OMEGA RGB ATX Mid | System Fans: Corsair - ML120 PRO RGB 47.3 CFM 120mm x 4 & Corsair - ML140 PRO RGB 55.4 CFM 140mm | Display Samsung KS9000 |Keyboard Logitech - G613 | Mouse Logitech - G703 | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

I have hard copies of the first two games and was never in much of a rush to expand upon them to be honest.

Since this appears to be a steam exclusive, I guess I will be waiting for alternate availability since I refuse to support spyware programs and DRM.

What does windows 10 and ET have in common?

They are both constantly trying to phone home.

15 minutes ago, Hellion said:

I have hard copies of the first two games and was never in much of a rush to expand upon them to be honest.

Since this appears to be a steam exclusive, I guess I will be waiting for alternate availability since I refuse to support spyware programs and DRM.

It isn't a Steam exclusive... It's available on the Windows Store as well, but considering that the Winstore itself could potentially (not sure about that) have a few tracking stuff, I don't think you'll be buying it digitally at all. 

Desktops

- The specifications of my almighty machine:

MB: MSI Z370-A Pro || CPU: Intel Core i3 8350K 4.00 GHz || RAM: 8GB DDR4  || GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX1050 Ti || Storage: 1TB HDD & 250GB HDD  & 128GB x2 SSD || OS: Windows 10 Pro & MacOS High Sierra & Ubuntu 18.04.1 x64

- Old piece of tech from late 2006:

MB: ASUS P5LD2-SE || CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 || RAM: 4GB DDR2 || GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT640 2GB || Storage: 128GB SSD & 2x 200GB HDD || OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laptops

- Main laptop specs:

Model: ASUS X302UA || CPU: Intel Core i3 6006U || RAM: 8GB DDR3L || GPU: Integrated Intel HD 520 || Storage: 128GB SSD || OS: Windows 10 Home

- Old Macbook specs:

Model: Macbook 6,1 Late 2009 || CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P7550 || RAM: 5GB DDR3 || GPU: Nvidia GeForce 9400M || Storage: 128GB SSD || OS: MacOS Sierra

28 minutes ago, Master Delta Chief said:

It isn't a Steam exclusive... It's available on the Windows Store as well, but considering that the Winstore itself could potentially (not sure about that) have a few tracking stuff, I don't think you'll be buying it digitally at all. 

People actually buy stuff from the windows store?

What does windows 10 and ET have in common?

They are both constantly trying to phone home.

4 hours ago, Giganthrax said:

This is great news. I always wanted to play the Halo games. 

Also, with Halo no longer being exclusive, Xbox just lost any reason to exist. 

I would have to disagree. For 200 bucks you can get the xbox one s which is a 4k blueray player that can also play games and do many other things a 4k blueray player can't. I can't get any 4k content on my PC other than some YouTube videos because of DRM and the xbox allows me to do that. Also trying to make a gaming PC for 200 bucks that can game like the xbox one s is simply impossible. Consoles are popular for a reason. You get a capable gaming machine fairly cheap. 

The will probably be available on the Xbox pass on PC, i have been playing it on the Xbox one its ok, there are noticeable frame drops though.

---Intel I7 4790k@4.6GHz@1.24v---Gigabyte Z97gaming 5----H100i----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----3tb Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----16GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400Mhz----Sapphire Fury TriX----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----