Halo: master chief collection is coming to steam(Disclaimer: this is not a troll)

BlockedTheShot

This is for real, https://store.steampowered.com/app/976730/Halo_The_Master_Chief_Collection/

With this game coming out for pc. I am super excited for it and really want to play it.  In fact, the lack of halo on xbox one(back in 2014) and other good exclusives was the reason why I moved to pc. I that too much to ask for?

395713216_Screenshot(132).thumb.png.7f3f30a16fb0876b3fe6e3c176127312.png

I mean i know it requires xbox live, but still. *Crosses fingers it doesn't go to epic store*

"The Master Chief’s epic journey covers six Halo games, collected here in a single integrated experience built for PC"

Damn....

6 minutes ago, BlockedTheShot said:

I mean i know it requires xbox live, but still

Wait, so you still have to pay $60 a year at least to play online (or at all)? That ruins the entire thing, this went from good news to sour news. The fact that I only get Xbox live off my glitched Xbox means this is a no go for me.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Wait, so you still have to pay $60 a year at least to play online (or at all)? That ruins the entire thing, this went from good news to sour news. The fact that I only get Xbox live off my glitched Xbox means this is a no go for me.

You need to have an XBOX Live subscription to play online via the Xbox One. Steam likely wouldn't have this restriction - though I suppose it's possible if Online is strictly through the Xbox multiplayer service.

You do not need a subscription to play the single player content, such as the various campaigns.

So if you love single player campaigns, even without an XBL Sub, the MCC is without a doubt still worth it.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

4 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

You do not need a subscription to play the single player content, such as the various campaigns.

If this is true then we're back to good news.

I hope there's a 60 fps mode enabled for Halo reach as well, I heard that's coming to PC too.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

If this is true then we're back to good news.

I hope there's a 60 fps mode enabled for Halo reach as well, I heard that's coming to PC as well.

i'd personally like a 144fps mode for the halo games, since i have a 144hz monitor. But it may or may not happen,

Damn....

HOLY SHIT IT'S HAPPENING

little-brown-bats.jpg

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

In hindsight, it was a good thing they waited to push MCC on PC. Its mostly fixed on xbox and is pretty solid now. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

35 minutes ago, BlockedTheShot said:

i'd personally like a 144fps mode for the halo games, since i have a 144hz monitor. But it may or may not happen,

Even still, small optimizations would be nice.

Primary PC:

40 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

You need to have an XBOX Live subscription to play online via the Xbox One. Steam likely wouldn't have this restriction - though I suppose it's possible if Online is strictly through the Xbox multiplayer service.

So if you love single player campaigns, even without an XBL Sub, the MCC is without a doubt still worth it.

It's unlikely you will require a subscription for playing online on PC. Same thing for Halo Wars 1 and 2. Both do not require Xbox Live Gold for multiplayer.

Quick edit: Nothing so far in the official post on Halo Waypoint says that you require it so. The only thing it's purpose is probably for is to be connected with your friends over at Xbox and so forth. 

Desktops

- The specifications of my almighty machine:

MB: MSI Z370-A Pro || CPU: Intel Core i3 8350K 4.00 GHz || RAM: 20GB DDR4  || GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX1070 || Storage: 1TB HDD & 250GB HDD  & 128GB x2 SSD || OS: Windows 10 Pro & Ubuntu 21.04

Hopefully, they won't make Steam users have to use XBL (Xbox Live) to play online. Aside from that, single player campaign and other offline features would definitely be something that I'd be willing to pay for :D 

The single player campaign is all I want, I've been waiting for Halo 3 on pc since it's release in 2007. I actually lost hope that someday it would, and realized Halo 3 would be buried with the Xbox 360. Those were some sad times. But not anymore.

'IM THE VIDEO GAME BOY, IM THE ONE WHO WINS' - Arin Hanson

Halo on PC isn't too surprising to me since we've had many halo games on PC already. I'm more surprised that its actually on steam and not windows store or whatever.

This could be the first time I'm preordering something ever. Since this is basically several games in one, I hope the price will be reasonable.

4 minutes ago, poochyena said:

Halo on PC isn't too surprising to me since we've had many halo games on PC already. I'm more surprised that its actually on steam and not windows store or whatever.

Besides the original Halo game and the kind of 3rd person shooters ones, which ones are you referring to?

1 minute ago, IAmAndre said:

This could be the first time I'm preordering something ever. Since this is basically several games in one, I hope the price will be reasonable.

It'll probably be the same as on Xbox. Also ditto to the preorder, I'm gonna be on this shit like white on rice

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Just now, IAmAndre said:

Besides the original Halo game and the kind of 3rd person shooters ones, which ones are you referring to?

Halo Wars, Halo 5 Forge, Eldewrito (community made mod), and Project Cartographer (a fanmade port of halo 2)

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Just now, HingaDingaDurgen said:

It'll probably be the same as on Xbox. Also ditto to the preorder, I'm gonna be on this shit like white on rice

What's the price on Xbox?

Just now, HingaDingaDurgen said:

Halo Wars, Halo 5 Forge, Eldewrito (community made mod), and Project Cartographer (a fanmade port of halo 2)

Never heard of them. Will definitely check them out.

Great work, Microsoft!
You really know how to piss off Customers who bought the Xbox One - and already had some bad experience with it (=can't buy 360 games with the Money in your M$ Account on XBox One/Windows).

And now you steal the only reason to get an XBox in the first place - awesome job!

Anyway, I hope there is a Windows Store version and a way to upgrade my Digital XBox One Copy to the PC Version...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

3 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

What's the price on Xbox?

$30 IIRC

2 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

Never heard of them. Will definitely check them out.

I'd definitely recommend Eldewrito and Project Cartographer. Eldewrito is based off Halo 3 and is mainly multiplayer iirc. Project Cartographer is a faithful port of Halo 2, and has a quite active online community

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

1 hour ago, BlockedTheShot said:

I'm sure there will be some editing of config files if they don't support it

'IM THE VIDEO GAME BOY, IM THE ONE WHO WINS' - Arin Hanson

46 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

the first 2 halo games and halo wars

Played Halo combat evolved back in the day and really enjoyed the single player campaign. Gunplay was outstanding. Just didn't like the end game where the level design deteriorated and they resorted to throwing waves of enemies at you.

Will eat this up, look forward to it.

Hope this get steam workshop mod support.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition