Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlockedTheShot

Halo: master chief collection is coming to steam(Disclaimer: this is not a troll)

Posted · Original PosterOP

This is for real, https://store.steampowered.com/app/976730/Halo_The_Master_Chief_Collection/

With this game coming out for pc. I am super excited for it and really want to play it.  In fact, the lack of halo on xbox one(back in 2014) and other good exclusives was the reason why I moved to pc. I that too much to ask for?

395713216_Screenshot(132).thumb.png.7f3f30a16fb0876b3fe6e3c176127312.png

I mean i know it requires xbox live, but still. *Crosses fingers it doesn't go to epic store*

"The Master Chief’s epic journey covers six Halo games, collected here in a single integrated experience built for PC"

Damn....

6 minutes ago, BlockedTheShot said:

I mean i know it requires xbox live, but still

Wait, so you still have to pay $60 a year at least to play online (or at all)? That ruins the entire thing, this went from good news to sour news. The fact that I only get Xbox live off my glitched Xbox means this is a no go for me.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - MSI GTX 650 - some 7200RPM SATA II thing - Ubuntu (at the moment)

Feel free to critique my website. I am but a young entrepreneur.

3 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Wait, so you still have to pay $60 a year at least to play online (or at all)? That ruins the entire thing, this went from good news to sour news. The fact that I only get Xbox live off my glitched Xbox means this is a no go for me.

You need to have an XBOX Live subscription to play online via the Xbox One. Steam likely wouldn't have this restriction - though I suppose it's possible if Online is strictly through the Xbox multiplayer service.

You do not need a subscription to play the single player content, such as the various campaigns.

So if you love single player campaigns, even without an XBL Sub, the MCC is without a doubt still worth it.

For Sale (lots of stuff):

Spoiler

[FS] [CAD] Various things

* Intel i7-4770K * ASRock Z97 Anniversary * 16GB RAM * 750w Seasonic Modular PSU *

* Crucial M4 128GB SSD (Primary) * Hitachi 500GB HDD (Secondary) *

* Gigabyte HD 7950 WF3 * SATA Blu-Ray Writer * Logitech g710+ * Windows 10 Pro x64 *

4 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

You do not need a subscription to play the single player content, such as the various campaigns.

If this is true then we're back to good news.

I hope there's a 60 fps mode enabled for Halo reach as well, I heard that's coming to PC too.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - MSI GTX 650 - some 7200RPM SATA II thing - Ubuntu (at the moment)

Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

If this is true then we're back to good news.

I hope there's a 60 fps mode enabled for Halo reach as well, I heard that's coming to PC as well.

i'd personally like a 144fps mode for the halo games, since i have a 144hz monitor. But it may or may not happen,

Damn....

HOLY SHIT IT'S HAPPENING

little-brown-bats.jpg

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 3 1200 @3.9ghz w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8gb DDR4-2600, Storage: WD Blue 1TB 5400RPM, GPU: MSI 1050Ti, Case: Silverstone GD01, PSU: Corsair RMx 450w, Keyboard: Redragon K552, Mouse: Hiraliy F300

Laptop:

Spoiler

Dell Chromebook 13

In hindsight, it was a good thing they waited to push MCC on PC. Its mostly fixed on xbox and is pretty solid now. 

i7 8700k 5.0ghz  / 16GB gskill tridentz / ASUS Z370-A Prime / EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 / Dell SG2716DG / Ducky Shine 3 / Logitech G700 / Sennheiser HD 558

i5 2500K stock   /   8GB gskill sniper  /  EVGA P67 SLI Micro  /  EVGA GTX 660

35 minutes ago, BlockedTheShot said:

i'd personally like a 144fps mode for the halo games, since i have a 144hz monitor. But it may or may not happen,

Even still, small optimizations would be nice.

Primary PC:

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

40 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

You need to have an XBOX Live subscription to play online via the Xbox One. Steam likely wouldn't have this restriction - though I suppose it's possible if Online is strictly through the Xbox multiplayer service.

So if you love single player campaigns, even without an XBL Sub, the MCC is without a doubt still worth it.

It's unlikely you will require a subscription for playing online on PC. Same thing for Halo Wars 1 and 2. Both do not require Xbox Live Gold for multiplayer.

Quick edit: Nothing so far in the official post on Halo Waypoint says that you require it so. The only thing it's purpose is probably for is to be connected with your friends over at Xbox and so forth. 

Desktops

- The specifications of my almighty machine:

MB: MSI Z370-A Pro || CPU: Intel Core i3 8350K 4.00 GHz || RAM: 8GB DDR4  || GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX1050 Ti || Storage: 1TB HDD & 250GB HDD  & 128GB x2 SSD || OS: Windows 10 Pro & MacOS High Sierra & Ubuntu 18.04.1 x64

- Old piece of tech from late 2006:

MB: ASUS P5LD2-SE || CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 || RAM: 4GB DDR2 || GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT640 2GB || Storage: 128GB SSD & 2x 200GB HDD || OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laptops

- Main laptop specs:

Model: ASUS X302UA || CPU: Intel Core i3 6006U || RAM: 8GB DDR3L || GPU: Integrated Intel HD 520 || Storage: 128GB SSD || OS: Windows 10 Home

- Old Macbook specs:

Model: Macbook 6,1 Late 2009 || CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P7550 || RAM: 5GB DDR3 || GPU: Nvidia GeForce 9400M || Storage: 128GB SSD || OS: MacOS Sierra

Hopefully, they won't make Steam users have to use XBL (Xbox Live) to play online. Aside from that, single player campaign and other offline features would definitely be something that I'd be willing to pay for :D 

The single player campaign is all I want, I've been waiting for Halo 3 on pc since it's release in 2007. I actually lost hope that someday it would, and realized Halo 3 would be buried with the Xbox 360. Those were some sad times. But not anymore.

'IM THE VIDEO GAME BOY, IM THE ONE WHO WINS' - Arin Hanson

Halo on PC isn't too surprising to me since we've had many halo games on PC already. I'm more surprised that its actually on steam and not windows store or whatever.

I give zero shits about online play.

Give me All the current episodes of Halo in 4k on PC goddamnit. I love the story.

Computer's don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose. By now your name and particulars have been fed into every laptop, desktop, mainframe and supermarket scanner that collectively make up the global information conspiracy, otherwise known as The Beast.

You just be careful. Computers have already beaten the Communists at chess. Next thing you know, they'll be beating humans.

This could be the first time I'm preordering something ever. Since this is basically several games in one, I hope the price will be reasonable.

4 minutes ago, poochyena said:

Halo on PC isn't too surprising to me since we've had many halo games on PC already. I'm more surprised that its actually on steam and not windows store or whatever.

Besides the original Halo game and the kind of 3rd person shooters ones, which ones are you referring to?

1 minute ago, IAmAndre said:

This could be the first time I'm preordering something ever. Since this is basically several games in one, I hope the price will be reasonable.

It'll probably be the same as on Xbox. Also ditto to the preorder, I'm gonna be on this shit like white on rice

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 3 1200 @3.9ghz w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8gb DDR4-2600, Storage: WD Blue 1TB 5400RPM, GPU: MSI 1050Ti, Case: Silverstone GD01, PSU: Corsair RMx 450w, Keyboard: Redragon K552, Mouse: Hiraliy F300

Laptop:

Spoiler

Dell Chromebook 13

Just now, IAmAndre said:

Besides the original Halo game and the kind of 3rd person shooters ones, which ones are you referring to?

Halo Wars, Halo 5 Forge, Eldewrito (community made mod), and Project Cartographer (a fanmade port of halo 2)

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Dell Chromebook 13

Just now, HingaDingaDurgen said:

It'll probably be the same as on Xbox. Also ditto to the preorder, I'm gonna be on this shit like white on rice

What's the price on Xbox?

Just now, HingaDingaDurgen said:

Halo Wars, Halo 5 Forge, Eldewrito (community made mod), and Project Cartographer (a fanmade port of halo 2)

Never heard of them. Will definitely check them out.

Great work, Microsoft!
You really know how to piss off Customers who bought the Xbox One - and already had some bad experience with it (=can't buy 360 games with the Money in your M$ Account on XBox One/Windows).

And now you steal the only reason to get an XBox in the first place - awesome job!

Anyway, I hope there is a Windows Store version and a way to upgrade my Digital XBox One Copy to the PC Version...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

3 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

What's the price on Xbox?

$30 IIRC

2 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

Never heard of them. Will definitely check them out.

I'd definitely recommend Eldewrito and Project Cartographer. Eldewrito is based off Halo 3 and is mainly multiplayer iirc. Project Cartographer is a faithful port of Halo 2, and has a quite active online community

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Dell Chromebook 13

1 hour ago, BlockedTheShot said:

I'm sure there will be some editing of config files if they don't support it

'IM THE VIDEO GAME BOY, IM THE ONE WHO WINS' - Arin Hanson

46 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

the first 2 halo games and halo wars

Played Halo combat evolved back in the day and really enjoyed the single player campaign. Gunplay was outstanding. Just didn't like the end game where the level design deteriorated and they resorted to throwing waves of enemies at you.

Will eat this up, look forward to it.