What are Some of Your More Unusual Collections?

PlayStation 2
5 minutes ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

I have a collection of about one hundred laser discs. It's a rather small collection compared to some people. Most of them are movies but I have the first season of the X Files on LD and a little over a dozen of live concerts. One of them is a Black Sabbath LD imported from Japan which is really cool IMO. I haven't checked but I wouldn't be surprised if some of these concerts are only available on LD.

For my LD player, I have a Pioneer DVl-700 which apparently is the first LD player to include a DVD player. It was apparently the top model in pioneers standard lineup. They had a step up in its Elite lineup but I guess some people view it as inferior. I know this thing was a $1,200 player (I got it used like five years ago) which is insane. It's just crazy how expensive LD tech was. According to http://www.laserdiscarchive.co.uk/dvl-700.htm it is a really great player.

I'd like to continue to add to my collection and maybe even some more players, like the Japanese players which actually featured multiple disc loading ability so you can put all discs for a movie in and it would swap sides automatically. I particularly want to start collecting Anime LD titles. LD was really big in Japan and a lot of anime made it to the platform. Even though most of it doesn't even have English subs, I just want to collect them for the art. LD was amazing for showing off art with its fold out panels. There is an absolutely amazing Evangelion box set on LD. I'd show a couple pictures or link to it but it has nudity on the front. Go look it up. It's so cool.

That is all on hold right now though. I just don't have the space to be growing my collection.

I would honestly love to collect LaserDiscs, and more specifically Nickelodeon and Peanuts ones. The former is VERY rare and only pop up every once in a blue moon and the latter usually isn't cheap.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

im not a collector. i only keep things are useful to me.

i'm still keeping a series of wow game time cards, however those are bought and used by myself, im not buying used cards just to collect them. since no one really buy physical cards anymore so that's one for the bin.

when i was a kid i used to collect postage stamps but that was just a fad, quickly wears out. again, who still send letters these days?

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

I have a collection of random stuff from Southern Africa that was given to me by my family.

It includes things like an AA Rhodesia handbook, a SADF jacket and old license plates from South Africa and Namibia.

2 hours ago, zassou said:

...who still send letters these days?

I do, once in every third blue moon, give or take.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Very old British coin collection. Stuff from the 30s to 70s. 

Was inherited and staying for a while.