Halo: Master Chief Collection coming to PC

AMDKilla

It's been rumoured for months and even years that Halo would be making a return to the PC for Halo Infinite. I think we all hoped that they would release the other Halo games on PC, reignited by Halo Wars 2 being available on both Xbox and PC. Now we have confirmation the Chief is back to finish the fight. All we need now is RTX support, right?

https://www.pcgamer.com/halo-the-master-chief-collection-is-coming-to-pc/

AND IT'S COMING TO STEAM. It's gonna be on steam guys. WHAT! That blind sided me. I was not expecting that. 

Halo is going to do so well on Steam, glad they didn't make it exclusive to their Microsoft Store.

I may need to see a doctor...

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

I think Microsoft is giving people more  reasons to not buy an xbox? All their exclusives are going crossplay/play anywhere. Only reason I bought an xbox was for the exclusives, now they will no longer have that reason. 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

i think i just had a heart attack. my wish came true i held out buying a xbox one then a xbox one x now i can play halo on my PC ? only thing im missing now is the new halo game to also drop on the PC the same time as the xbox one

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

4 minutes ago, Arika S said:

I think Microsoft is giving people more  reasons to not buy an xbox? All their exclusives are going crossplay/play anywhere. Only reason I bought an xbox was for the exclusives, now they will no longer have that reason. 

There's been a lack of good first party games compared to PS4, so MS is taking the approach of hitting a bunch of markets. They're also rolling out a Game Streaming service, so they want you to be able to play on practically any device. (Think more Netflix model for getting money from people without a Xbox.) The consoles will still be the core platform, but the games will be "available" on practically anything.

Further, Microsoft is setting up something of an Anti-Sony alliance with Nintendo. So you'll see Game Streaming of Nintendo games likely on Xbox Service as well. This has the side benefit of putting the next Fortnite into the Xbox Ecosystem, so MS gets a cut from more microtransactions. Your "New Fortnite" mobile version has the same account as the Xbox and PC version, and you can buy microtransactions right from Xbox itself. It unifies the ecosystem and puts Xbox all over the place. 

The Xbox division has really turned things around, mostly as they've accepted they're either #2 or #3 in each generation, so the best play is to carve out a niche that can work in alliance with Nintendo, thus gaining access to the best First Party game studio. Especially as MS's is clearly the worst of the 3.

1 minute ago, Arika S said:

The line between the next-gen xbox and a pc is blurry asf.

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

6 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

There's been a lack of good first party games compared to PS4, so MS is taking the approach of hitting a bunch of markets. They're also rolling out a Game Streaming service, so they want you to be able to play on practically any device. (Think more Netflix model for getting money from people without a Xbox.) The consoles will still be the core platform, but the games will be "available" on practically anything.

Further, Microsoft is setting up something of an Anti-Sony alliance with Nintendo. So you'll see Game Streaming of Nintendo games likely on Xbox Service as well. This has the side benefit of putting the next Fortnite into the Xbox Ecosystem, so MS gets a cut from more microtransactions. Your "New Fortnite" mobile version has the same account as the Xbox and PC version, and you can buy microtransactions right from Xbox itself. It unifies the ecosystem and puts Xbox all over the place. 

The Xbox division has really turned things around, mostly as they've accepted they're either #2 or #3 in each generation, so the best play is to carve out a niche that can work in alliance with Nintendo, thus gaining access to the best First Party game studio. Especially as MS's is clearly the worst of the 3.

Yeah, plus PS has better exclusives, at least this cycle (Detroit :BH, etc) so Nintendo is all the more neccesary

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

53 minutes ago, gamerking said:

i think i just had a heart attack. my wish came true i held out buying a xbox one then a xbox one x now i can play halo on my PC ? only thing im missing now is the new halo game to also drop on the PC the same time as the xbox one

I’ll accept even a one to two month delay for the new halo. 

with PC-standard features including FOV sliders, 4K resolution and ultrawide monitor support, adjustable framerates, and remappable keys. 

And it sounds like they are doing it right, too. And on steam? Microsoft is about to make a lot of money.

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

I'm honestly looking forward to this above everything else.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

1 hour ago, Arika S said:

Eh, I'm not complaining... a system that only sells because it keeps games hostage doesn't deserve to exist.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, Arika S said:

They own windows, so when people switch to pc, they'll still make money. Also I'm pretty sure consoles don't actually make as much money compared to games

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Cool for Halo fans who've been wanting Halo on PC again for years but haven't been able to do so in any official capacity. I might pass because I haven't played Halo for more than 30 minutes since 2009 but hey, cool.

Why is there not a tech news post for this?

24 minutes ago, Inkz said:

Why is there not a tech news post for this?

This was the tech news post before someone moved it

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

4 hours ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Last Gen (Xbox 360) they were the undisputed winners of the Console War. The 360 kicked the crap out of the PS3. I hope the next Xbox competes better with the PS5. Microsoft owned the Console 7th Generation. However, PC is still superior :).

13 hours ago, Shreyas1 said:

They own windows, so when people switch to pc, they'll still make money. Also I'm pretty sure consoles don't actually make as much money compared to games

When you play a game on an Xbox, Microsoft makes money from:

• Your original purchase of the system
  • A percentage of the game's price (or the full price in this case since they're the publishers)
  • The monthly fee you pay to play online

As opposed to pc where they only make money from selling you the game if they publish it, must give a sizeable cut of those sales to Steam, don't make any money from your online play and didn't sell you any hardware (unless you bought a surface laptop). Let's be honest: you were going to buy Windows with or without Halo so that's not really an additional sale.

Overall, Microsoft definitely makes more money from you if you play games on an Xbox. They will likely make more money from Halo specifically if they sell it on PC too, though.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*