Audio jacks not working

JustSomeGuy13

I built a custom pc a bit of a while ago. The only thing I couldn't fix was the audio issue. Both the front and back ports (onboard) don't work and I have no idea why. My pc recognizes it when a device is plugged in, the drivers say everything is fine and the headphones work too. But all I hear is static, it's responsive because depending on what audio I play, the static either gets worse or quieter.

I put this off at the time because I could just run it through hdmi and plug in my speakers to the monitor and everything sounded fine. I also have a headset that plugs in through usb and I've had no issues with that either.
I finally have the time to tackle the issue again, but to all my efforts, nothing. I've tried installing different drivers, updating my system, double checked to make sure everything was plugged in properly. Nothing. Does anyone know how to help?

my build:
CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor
MOBO: MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard
GPU: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB WINDFORCE OC 6G Video Card
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Storage: ADATA - ULTIMATE SU650 960 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive and Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
PS: SeaSonic - FOCUS Gold 450 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Case (if it's in some way relevant): Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400S TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case