Is Bykski good?

Bykski is a OEM for watercooling components originally marketed to the Chinese market. They are slowly branching out to the western region. They aren't that bad from my understanding but I would recommend waiting for other brands (EKWB, Alphacool) to release their waterblocks especially if your goal to OC that card.

32 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

the ek block is only like 30 euros more

better be safe than sorry

EK doesn't have a block for the Vega VII that I can see, only the 56/64, and I don't think they're the same PCB

And yes, Bykski are fine. They just ship from China, so wait times are to be expected

2 minutes ago, Mehmy said:

EK doesn't have a block for the Vega VII that I can see, only the 56/64, and I don't think they're the same PCB

And yes, Bykski are fine. They just ship from China, so wait times are to be expected

my bad thenn

I hope they are because i just took delivery of one for my Vega 64 :)

They are a less known brand in the usa,But i believe they are made in the same factory as bigger known brands.I have spoke with two people that own and used their vega 64 nitro block.Both loved it and it ran lower temps then a ek block on a blower card lol.Bitspower has a block for that vega vii coming out but it will be months tho.If you want a block now that Bykski  should be fine and i would use it myself.They also have some nice cpu blocks with a little temp screen.They have a terminal you can put on most of their gpus showing temps.Another brand thats starting to get big in the usa is barrow.

On 3/13/2019 at 2:52 AM, sillypenguin213 said:

IMO, I used some blocks and fittings from them. Fittings are terrible but blocks are great

what happened to the fittings ?

Bykski and Barrow are both fine. We will likely be seeing more of them as the years go on, they are a good cheaper alternative to the usual watercooling brands, without resorting to true 'no name' chinese brands that are crap.

The good thing about them both is they usualy have blocks available for cards that the mainstream manufactuers, like EK, dont have.

Put it this way, i just bought a 1080ti from ebay which is coming with a Barrow Block. Waiting for it to arrive. I have no reservations about using Bykski or Barrow, they have been around long enough now to have eanred a positive reputation.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

2 hours ago, SolarNova said:

Bykski and Barrow are both fine. We will likely be seeing more of them as the years go on, they are a good cheaper alternative to the usual watercooling brands, without resorting to true 'no name' chinese brands that are crap.

The good thing about them both is they usualy have blocks available for cards that the mainstream manufactuers, like EK, dont have.

Put it this way, i just bought a 1080ti from ebay which is coming with a Barrow Block. Waiting for it to arrive. I have no reservations about using Bykski or Barrow, they have been around long enough now to have eanred a positive reputation.

Yeah, they have a huge selection of blocks. It's actually quite interesting just how many different ones they have, considering the time and money it must take to get a new one R&D'd 

8 hours ago, Mehmy said:

Yeah, they have a huge selection of blocks. It's actually quite interesting just how many different ones they have, considering the time and money it must take to get a new one R&D'd 

Getting something made where they are based is ridiculously easier than doing it here. They live right next door to the heart of the whole world's production power :P

That, together with the extremely competitive national market, makes them crap out products at an extremely fast rate.

Anyways, Bykski is often good.

Be careful though as they have a lot of products with aluminium as of recently. But not GPU blocks, those are perfectly good - and they disclose where they have alu, just pay attention to the descriptions if you want to be sure.

Truth of the matter is, there isn't much of a difference in quality between them and EK or Alphacool.

13 hours ago, Enter Plasma said:

Getting something made where they are based is ridiculously easier than doing it here. They live right next door to the heart of the whole world's production power :P

That, together with the extremely competitive national market, makes them crap out products at an extremely fast rate.

Anyways, Bykski is often good.

Be careful though as they have a lot of products with aluminium as of recently. But not GPU blocks, those are perfectly good - and they disclose where they have alu, just pay attention to the descriptions if you want to be sure.

Truth of the matter is, there isn't much of a difference in quality between them and EK or Alphacool.

Indeed, there 'can' be a 1 to 2 degree difference in their blocks vs EK... note i said 'can' ..not 'will' ..or 'is'. It depends on the specific block, and ofc if EK even has a alternative. but for the usual price difference, which is usualy atleast 25% cheaper, often more, thats a good trade of.

Currently available EK blocks range from £105 to £135. Whilst Barrow and Bykski blocks can be had for around £75 with 7-15 day delivery, or £68 for 20-40 day delivery, both prices asuming you dont get hit by the theives at the import office, even if u do, iirc, that would increase by around £7-14, still making it cheaper.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |