ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED and DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error cant get it to work HELP!

syfer

Hi so on my laptop I did all the steps here 
https://whatsabyte.com/windows/err_name_not_resolved/
but nothing worked. 
I did chage the dns but nothing seems to be letting on to the website and clearing everything using ccleaner 
I am still getting ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED and DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error. 
I am with bt with their bt hub.
Can some help me.
This on my window 8.1 laptop.
I know that all of the google shopping if you search for a product and then what to go the site it just gives me the same error and their advertisements sites on page one of Google don't work either. 
Any idea on how to fix this its been driving me mad i don't mind even doing team viewer if it gets this fixed. 

What are you trying to achieve? Access a website? If so - which one?

A bit more information would really go a long way here

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

Go to your %WinDir%\System32\drivers\etc and check the hosts file. Is there anything listed there?

7 minutes ago, Acedia said:

Go to your %WinDir%\System32\drivers\etc and check the hosts file. Is there anything listed there?

Hi my host files have a lot stuff in it that I did not put there. I changed and now it's back again. Something keeps adding in stuff to host file. Is their a software that can remove this?

37 minutes ago, syfer said:

Hi my host files have a lot stuff in it that I did not put there. I changed and now it's back again. Something keeps adding in stuff to host file. Is their a software that can remove this?

Can you share what entries are added?

No, i cant as it just locks up the browser every time i try. I might just do a fresh install of windows 10. Can I ask were do i get the latest driver for Ralink RT5390R 802.11bgn Wifi Adapter driver??? 

If something is changing your HOSTS file, you have malware on your laptop.

You can set the hosts file to read-only after clearing it to prevent any further changes but that won't stop your laptop being infested.

Please quote or tag me if you need a reply

8 hours ago, syfer said:

No, i cant as it just locks up the browser every time i try. I might just do a fresh install of windows 10. Can I ask were do i get the latest driver for Ralink RT5390R 802.11bgn Wifi Adapter driver??? 

Just copy and paste the content of your hosts file here 

Hi I instaled windows 10 Redstone 5 and everything is working now. So you can close this thread.