custom rom for Huawei phone??

I would like to know if there is a custom rom for Huawei Y9 2019(JKM-LX2 C636), or if anyone is even developing one for the said model.

If you have any information please post some links.

Thanks.

Way too early bro. And please, stop posting these kind of threads. You can just google such things. Have you even heard about xda ?

49 minutes ago, Ritzkpl said:

I would like to know if there is a custom rom for Huawei Y9 2019(JKM-LX2 C636), or if anyone is even developing one for the said model.

If you have any information please post some links.

Thanks.

Thats a new phone. You should wait for a while.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

4 minutes ago, Lalit Kumar said:

Way too early bro. And please, stop posting these kind of threads. You can just google such things. Have you even heard about xda ?

of course i have searched for it in xda forums, can you tell me normally how long after the release of any phone will the custom roms start appearing, is it like 3-4 months ?

Basicly.. No. Huawei is literaly the WORST Company you can buy, if you want Custom Roms etc. Thanks to their unique Kirin SoCs, it's quite difficult.

You can be happy if Root works :P

If you're into Custom Roms, you should buy another phone that's easy to flash

On 3/12/2019 at 5:34 PM, Ritzkpl said:

of course i have searched for it in xda forums, can you tell me normally how long after the release of any phone will the custom roms start appearing, is it like 3-4 months ? 

Sorry I didn't do my own research before replying. For phones with Snapdragon or Mediatek and even sometimes samsung's exynos processors, developers are able to port roms.

Let me tell you in detail (atleast how much I know about it, correct me if i'm wrong).

Suppose a phone with SD845 released and an official Lineage OS custom ROM was released for it, then you can just take that this rom's some files and use it to port another ROM, say Viper OS. This is pretty easy to do but there are lot of problems like both the roms must be made for the same Architecture say ARMv7. Even after this, there are ALWAYS bugs.

This is for SD processors for which source is easily available.

Now, for your phone, It has the kirin processor. As @Darkseth said. It's nearly impossible to port roms for a completely different processor, that too which is so closed. So I would say you might NEVER get a ROM for this device. And if you get one, it won't be stable enough to be used as a daily driver.

Let me tell you a personal experience related to this. I currently have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 which has a SD650 SoC. There are a plethora of roms for this device. You can literally search for ANY rom for this device. On the other hand, my sister bought a Samsung J2 (2016) without asking me first and when she was facing performance issues because samsung's UI is just too heavy for phone with 1.5GB of ram and a Exynos processor. I thought a AOSP ROM would fix this easily but what I found out that there are no custom roms available for this device. There was only one ROM which was just the stock ROM with less bloatware. I didn't flash it. I just rooted her phone and removed the bloatware apps.

tl;dr, the chances of you finding a ROM for this device is slimmer than a homeless person.

11 hours ago, Lalit Kumar said:

On the other hand, my sister bought a Samsung J2 (2016) without asking me first and when she was facing performance issues because samsung's UI is just too heavy for phone with 1.5GB of ram and a Exynos processor. I thought a AOSP ROM would fix this easily but what I found out that there are no custom roms available for this device. There was only one ROM which was just the stock ROM with less bloatware. I didn't flash it. I just rooted her phone and removed the bloatware apps.

tl;dr, the chances of you finding a ROM for this device is slimmer than a homeless person.

Thanks for all that info, btw my previous phone was also samsing j2(2016) J210F, and i had lineage os for it, i couldn't play many games due its limited ram but social apps ran smoothly, when installing Gapps i chose the aroma version where you could select the default apps you wanted. And if the phone was performing slowly i set the background process limit to No background process from the developer options.

i got the rom from here https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/rom-lineageos-14-1-t3680656

2 hours ago, Ritzkpl said:

Thanks for all that info, btw my previous phone was also samsing j2(2016) J210F, and i had lineage os for it, i couldn't play many games due its limited ram but social apps ran smoothly, when installing Gapps i chose the aroma version where you could select the default apps you wanted. And if the phone was performing slowly i set the background process limit to No background process from the developer options.

i got the rom from here https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/rom-lineageos-14-1-t3680656

I knew about this. But the only problem was that the VoLTE doesn't work on it. And since my sister uses a Jio sim, she would have to use the Jio4GVoice app which is bugged as hell and requires the internet to be turned on in order to receive calls.