Computer randomly shutting off

Greenish

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

Its forum time.

So this has been happening to me for a while, and now it is starting to annoy me. So every now and then my computer will turn off, the LED's and screen turn off and the computer turns off then on without warning. While most of my apps have auto save, I have an addiction to competitive games and I cant keep leaving.

Plz help.

I cant even start to find the problem.

Thanks in advanced!

idk tbh

No error codes? No BSOD? No nothing? Just instant shutdown?

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just now, Uptivuptiz said:

No error codes? No BSOD? No nothing? Just instant shutdown?

Literally nothing! I get the occasional bluescreen like everyone does but yeah, it just shuts off and turns back on.

idk tbh

1 minute ago, Greenish said:

Literally nothing! I get the occasional bluescreen like everyone does but yeah, it just shuts off and turns back on.

Ok. What code does it give when it bluscreens? Also, what PSU do you have?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just now, Uptivuptiz said:

Ok. What code does it give when it bluscreens? Also, what PSU do you have?

Its usually System Service exception or something like that. It probably doesn't help that the PSU in the build in question is a off brand 500W one. But I have been using this PC for a while with this PSU and it never has done this

idk tbh

1 minute ago, Greenish said:

Its usually System Service exception or something like that. It probably doesn't help that the PSU in the build in question is a off brand 500W one. But I have been using this PC for a while with this PSU and it never has done this

Ok. Are you doing something different with the PC that you didn't do at the start of using it. Like playing more demanding games or generally pushing the system more. I looked into the rest of the specs on your profile page. A 9900K with 2080 Ti is a little much for a 500W PSU.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Ok. Are you doing something different with the PC that you didn't do at the start of using it. Like playing more demanding games or generally pushing the system more. I looked into the rest of the specs on your profile page. A 9900K with 2080 Ti is a little much for a 500W PSU.

No thats a seperate build. This one is just a 7700k with a 1080ti. I am pretty sure 500w is sufficient enough. I havent been playing anything more demanding, just the same titles like PUBG, Fortnite, Overwatch and CSGO. I havent Overclocked or anything. When I always turn it on I get a GPU error LED for a few seconds but then it boots up like normal but I doubt that that is relevant. Are there any logs I could search up?  

idk tbh

21 minutes ago, Greenish said:

When I always turn it on I get a GPU error LED for a few seconds but then it boots up like normal but I doubt that that is relevant. Are there any logs I could search up?  

I don't know about any logs, but maybe you GPU driver is a little goofed. I recommend reinstalling. Please note when installing: Select the "Cutom" install option in the nvidia driver install wizard. This will take you to a menu where you can select what types of drivers you want to install along with the GPU driver. In this menu there should be a checkbox that states "Perform clean install" or something along those lines. Check this and install. See if that fixes the crashing.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 3/12/2019 at 4:04 PM, Greenish said:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

Its forum time.

So this has been happening to me for a while, and now it is starting to annoy me. So every now and then my computer will turn off, the LED's and screen turn off and the computer turns off then on without warning. While most of my apps have auto save, I have an addiction to competitive games and I cant keep leaving.

Plz help.

I cant even start to find the problem.

Thanks in advanced!

Is the problem just like in video?

On 3/12/2019 at 8:51 PM, Uptivuptiz said:

I don't know about any logs, but maybe you GPU driver is a little goofed. I recommend reinstalling. Please note when installing: Select the "Cutom" install option in the nvidia driver install wizard. This will take you to a menu where you can select what types of drivers you want to install along with the GPU driver. In this menu there should be a checkbox that states "Perform clean install" or something along those lines. Check this and install. See if that fixes the crashing.

Yeah, I am only just coming back to this post now. I updated my Nvidia drivers and it hasnt happened again. I am currently away so I will have to do some more testing when I get home

idk tbh