Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brucezed

Do you think Deep Silver will lose PC users that Metro Exodus pulled from steam

Posted · Original PosterOP

Steam advertise a new game Metro Exodus will released in Feb ,Many players bought Metro Exodus cd key from STEAM,finially Metro Exodus got pulled from STEAM.Some PC users angry that Metro Exodus is only available on Epic gaming
store.The epic store does not have the same features as steam GOG or even origin. You going to really want that game just to play it.So, simply put they don’t want to download another Store to play games and add all their friends again
on that store like they’ve had to do with say, EA’s Origin, or Ubisoft's Launcher/Store.    

Time will tell. Really that is all we can say at this point. I don’t know how long the game was on ore order on steam. Most report say the game was about 55k people bought. These people will get to play it on steam and able to buy the
dlc and achievements cards  etc.    

They started advertising Exodus in Steam store, with product page and preorders. And then they removed it from Steam store and declared that they will be selling through Epic Game Store exclusively. While it’s probably correct move from
the purely economic perspective - 12% is more than twice less than 30% and Epic probably even paid them to migrate. This is in my opinion really risky and bold PR move which backfires to them heavily.    

The decision itself wouldn’t be that bad, but the way it was executed was utterly terrible. If they stuck to one platform from the beginning, instead of changing the distribution platform, the repercussions would be much less severe.That’s for sure.

Stores don't use resources like people think they do excessively, not if you are idle, them minimized and things are up to date.

If someone really wants to play Metro they will do what they need to.

I can open 5 different mainstream launchers and my CPU is still idling sub5%, usually 2-3%.

I have enough RAM and it's not even a big deal without 16GB of sysram.

And I dont need them all open at once when deciding what to play because all my games have shortcuts in a "Games" folder on my desktop.

I can still have all my friends on the one store friends list and keep that minimized while playing elsewhere.

Options exist,.. that's why we love PCs.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Just now, TrigrH said:

I own the game on the epic store, you don't even need the launcher to run the game, its great!

If more people knew this they'd also be less antoganistic towards the launcher.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Most of my friends that wanted it have decided to pirate rather than touch epic for it. I think they will loose customers and there will be a lasting stain for the betrayal people felt over this

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play MTGA & watch anime at 720p...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee! The Cassette Deck!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

53 minutes ago, Brucezed said:

PC users angry that Metro Exodus is only available on Epic gaming

That's not what happened-

They are angry because it got pulled from Steam.

If it was never there, it wouldn't be that bad (but stil not good).

But yes, they will lose Customers because Steam is the way most people want to buy their stuff (maybe GoG)...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

58 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Stores don't use resources like people think they do excessively, not if you are idle, them minimized and things are up to date.

It is NOT about the LAUNCHER!
Its about the Data

The Privacy

The Anti-Consumer practices of the Epic Shop

And that it got pulled under our noses.

What is never said is that Steam eats all transaction cost. So a 50€ Paysafe Card is 50€ in the Steam Store. That is not the Case on Epic. Any cost is ON YOU. And also some features are missing as well.

AND that it got pulled in the last minute!
It was already on steam!!!

If someone really wants to play Metro they will do what they need to.

No, they do not!
YOu have other Alternatives!

The Legal ones are that:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/metro-exodus

https://store.playstation.com/de-de/product/EP4062-CUSA11407_00-METROEXODUS00000

And, if you really want to, there is the not so legal version as well.

I myself also ordered Shadow of the Tomb Raider on Playstation 4 because I didn't want to support the nVidia shit on the PC Version.

The hardcore fans will probably still buy the game, it's the gamers who are not sure yet that deep silver needs, by switching to another platform, players wont buy the game just because it's less convenient. 

Frankly, I think this is just a loud minority crying in YouTube comments. I don't think this will hurt says that much or drive too many people to console. Even going to console makes no sense. Sure, you don't support Epic but you still support Deep Silver. Buying on console is really just a failed attempt at virtue signaling without truly standing up for what you believe in. It's a way of trying to have your cake and eat it too.

On 3/12/2019 at 3:00 AM, Stefan Payne said:

That's not what happened-

They are angry because it got pulled from Steam.

If it was never there, it wouldn't be that bad (but stil not good).

But yes, they will lose Customers because Steam is the way most people want to buy their stuff (maybe GoG)...

That's not really a legitimate reason to be angry though. The difference between not being able to buy it from Steam because it was never there or you didn't get to buy it in time before buying it is zero. Either way, you don't get it through Steam until the exclusivity ends. If you did buy it through Steam, your purchase will be honored and you can still play it there. If that is seriously the reason for anyone being angry, than their logic and outrage makes no sense. The most they could legitimately be mad about is that they were planning to buy it but they weren't able to in time but even that is pushing it since the end result is the same as if it hadn't ever been on Steam. Really, it is just how the cookie crumbles.

I think it is about the exclusivity and even that, is silly and the outrage is overblown.

On 3/12/2019 at 3:06 AM, Stefan Payne said:

It is NOT about the LAUNCHER!
Its about the Data

The Privacy

The Anti-Consumer practices of the Epic Shop.

90% of the comments I read on YouTube are people being crybabies over having to use a different launcher.

1 hour ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

That's not really a legitimate reason to be angry though.

Yes it is as there are some serious problems with Epic Launcher.

Try buying a game with Paysafe Card.

The Transaction Cost is ON YOU.

On Steam its on THEM.

And User Reviews and a couple of other stuff.

The difference between not being able to buy it from Steam because it was never there or you didn't get to buy it in time before buying it is zero.

What the heck are you talking about?!
You COULD buy Exodus from Steam.

It was advertized on steam for Months!

There is even a Steam Page:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/412020/Metro_Exodus/

Read the Box!

Either way, you don't get it through Steam until the exclusivity ends.

If I did preorder it, I'd get it through steam.

Simple as that.

They canceled it on Steam mere days before the launch.

If you did buy it through Steam, your purchase will be honored and you can still play it there.

See, you know that.

Why are you claiming it isn't on steam, when it is and was pulled last minute??

If it never was on Steam, Outrage wouldn't be as bad.

90% of the comments I read on YouTube are people being crybabies over having to use a different launcher.

That's not what its about.

Its that it was canceled on Steam.

Its about YOUR DATA

Its about Epic beeing involved with the Chinese (tencent).

Its about Epic beeing the Corporate one, Anti-Consumer.

There are many reasons. Yong Yea had a nice video about the Differences.

ANd there is another Game exclusive on Epic for a year, that was a Kickstarter an announced that it would be on Steam and GoG.

Now its not.

So stop downplaying it.

On 3/15/2019 at 7:52 PM, Stefan Payne said:

The issues are one thing, I'm talking specifically about it being pulled. It's a dumb reason not to buy the game.

Try buying a game with Paysafe Card.

The Transaction Cost is ON YOU.

On Steam its on THEM.

And User Reviews and a couple of other stuff.

I agree that Epic is inferior to Steam. It's just not worth missing out on a game over. I haven't personally bought any games through Epic but I have it installed. It doesn't bother me haven't it installed and would use it if I need to.

What the heck are you talking about?!
You COULD buy Exodus from Steam.

It was advertized on steam for Months!

There is even a Steam Page:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/412020/Metro_Exodus/

Read the Box!

If I did preorder it, I'd get it through steam.

Simple as that.

What are you talking about? I'm well aware the game was on Steam. My whole point is that if you didn't get it when it was available, it really isn't much different than if it was never on there to begin with. I'm also aware that pre-orders were honored.

See, you know that.

Why are you claiming it isn't on steam, when it is and was pulled last minute??

If it never was on Steam, Outrage wouldn't be as bad.

I never claimed it wasn't originally on Steam. Not sure where you got that from. 

That's not what its about.

Its that it was canceled on Steam.

Its about YOUR DATA

Its about Epic beeing involved with the Chinese (tencent).

Little to do about nothing.

Its about Epic beeing the Corporate one, Anti-Consumer.

"Anti-consonsumer".  Making an exclusivity deal with developers is not anti-consumer. It's life. You can't always buy what you want, where you want it. I'm not sure why so many gamers are acting so entitled over this.

ANd there is another Game exclusive on Epic for a year, that was a Kickstarter an announced that it would be on Steam and GoG.

Now its not.

Smart business move on Epic's part.

So stop downplaying it.

I'll stop downplaying it when everyone stops overplaying it.

1 minute ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

It's just not worth missing out on a game over.

The "we read Steamfiles and spy on you" shit is however.

And the involvement of Tencent.

The best to do is tell the people that you want Exodus but on Steam.

1 minute ago, Stefan Payne said:

The "we read Steamfiles and spy on you" shit is however.

And the involvement of Tencent.

The best to do is tell the people that you want Exodus but on Steam.

According to Epic:

The launcher scans your active processes to prevent updating games that are currently running. This information is not sent to Epic.

We only import your Steam friends with your explicit permission. The launcher makes an encrypted local copy of your localconfig.vdf Steam file. However information from this file is only sent to Epic if you choose to import your Steam friends, and then only hashed ids of your friends are sent and no other information from the file.

Unless I see evidence that this is an outright lie, I'm not bothered. This is a totally acceptable reason to use scan my Steam files.

As for the Tencent thing, as far as I'm aware, this doesn't seem to be a real threat. What are they going to do? Share my credit card? I doubt it. It isn't like they have my social.